Dak - proof that hunger and work ethic are paramount

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You should know that you’re considered a joke here.

Any Dak troll is considered a joke here.

Many of them are starting to get on board I notice. But none can ever come out and admit they were dead wrong, or apologize for all the dumb comments they have made over the last 4 years.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Zeke and Garrett failed us on the Saints game. If he had not ran it on 1st downs all the time we would have given Dak a chance to win the game. Only when we started to pass the ball did we start moving the sticks. But no, Garrett had to try and force running it with Zeke up the middle.

Now looking back, it is plain to see that Zeke was an issue.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Another brave troll with convenient timing of his courage. Have you decided what rock you will hide under next week yet when we play a defense with a pulse?

Probably the worst most pathetic troll of them all. LOL

Not sure why trolls like that are allowed to remain on the site. You should have to be a Cowboys fan to post here.

Reactions: CWR

Eanwen

Reaction score
I'm not reading this whole thread but the title is why I'm solidly in Dak's corner now. He's obviously worked hard to become a much better qb and I fully believe he'll continue to grind to become even better. I just wish Kitna was his qb coach in 2016 (well and Cooper his other receiver with Dez, lol).

When he was drafted almost everyone on this site told me he was a project that needed work and would sit behind Romo. He didn't get the luxury of sitting while improving his craft. Instead he had to go out and win 2 division championships.

cern

Reaction score
trolls keep things interesting. even if I don't agree with their untenable positions, it would be very boring if everyone agreed on everything.

DenCWBY

Reaction score
I’m one of the people who have doubted Dak

he is playing great this year and is putting himself in the great QB conversation

I just think he will not win anything meaningful (like a SB) as long as Garrett is HC and we will talk about him as a good QB who never took the next step to become elite just like Romo
:hammer:This!!:clap:

Eanwen

Reaction score
trolls keep things interesting. even if I don't agree with their untenable positions, it would be very boring if everyone agreed on everything.

Well I agree with the latter part but spouting indefensible, illogical arguments no longer hold my interest. I'm just cutting out interacting with people who consistently use logical fallacies and bad faith arguments. They aren't worthy of my time.

cern

Reaction score
Well I agree with the latter part but spouting indefensible, illogical arguments no longer hold my interest. I'm just cutting out interacting with people who consistently use logical fallacies and bad faith arguments. They aren't worthy of my time.
I don't get too involved with them. but overall, their presence makes for better reading.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Oh yah, trolls like Superwrong are so important to the site. LOL

erod

Reaction score
Again, if not Dak, what? $35 mil this year won't be "elite" money before his new contract would run out, just look at the top quarterback salary history. Have to also look at the long term, maybe he's not "worth" $35 million a year now, but even at his present level in a couple of years guys like Mahomes, Jackson, etc. will be at the $40 or more million level, do the franchise thing with Dak and the cost will just go up and up. Lock him in now, and even if he doesn't improve, his cost will be in line with his "value" before the contract runs out (and teams can do contracts so that they can get out of it before it's over), and you'll know what you have tied up in Dak so you can budget your cap for guys like LVE, etc.

I understand, I'd also like another Roger or Troy, or a Mahomes (he hasn't won anything yet, by the way), but it's a bird in the hand question, if you want to roll the dice and hope you can trade for an aging Rodgers or such, and he'll still be productive (witness Montana after he left San Fran, e.g.) or trade away tons of high draft picks to get - keep your fingers crossed - a top rookie who won't turn out to be another Russell or Winston or such.

There's no cut and dried answer, it all depends on your desired course of action....
That is a good point. I'd sure like to see this new CBA that is apparently close to being signed so we know what the new numbers will be.

The problem is, Dak uses CAA (Creative Artists Agency) as his agent, which mostly represents major actors and music artists. They never negotiate for anything less than top dollar. and they don't appear to be interested in a contract until the CBA gets signed.

They want Patrick Mahomes money, I believe. As in, $50+ million a year.

It could work to Dallas' favor if they just agree to do the franchise tag. He either proves it once and for all and gets that $50 million deal, or he proves the opposite and the Cowboys dodge a contract bullet.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Yeah I blocked him a long time ago. Not sure why I let Yappy and co linger.
I'm going to start blocking the posters who keep feeding the trolls next. That way I no longer have to weed through half an argument to get to the useful posts. :muttley: