Dak - proof that hunger and work ethic are paramount

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
That is a good point. I'd sure like to see this new CBA that is apparently close to being signed so we know what the new numbers will be.

The problem is, Dak uses CAA (Creative Artists Agency) as his agent, which mostly represents major actors and music artists. They never negotiate for anything less than top dollar. and they don't appear to be interested in a contract until the CBA gets signed.

They want Patrick Mahomes money, I believe. As in, $50+ million a year.

It could work to Dallas' favor if they just agree to do the franchise tag. He either proves it once and for all and gets that $50 million deal, or he proves the opposite and the Cowboys dodge a contract bullet.

Where are you pulling that $50 million a year thing? Are you making that up?

erod

Reaction score
Where are you pulling that $50 million a year thing? Are you making that up?

That's the number projected for Patrick Mahomes when he comes due. Some think CAA wants Dak to wait until that market gets here in a couple of years.

The new salary cap may well be close to 50% higher than it is now.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
That's the number projected for Patrick Mahomes when he comes due. Some think CAA wants Dak to wait until that market gets here in a couple of years.

The new salary cap may well be close to 50% higher than it is now.

Yes but you stated that was what Dak was asking and is nowhere near that amount. So I don't know where your getting info from.

As for what Dak wants he seems he is not in a hurry and has stated many times he wants to play with the Cowboys for the rest of his life.

You would think that he would use the same tactics as Zeke and hold out. But no. Dak is out there playing and trying to win games. While his agents are the ones working on the deal.

erod

Reaction score
Yes but you stated that was what Dak was asking and is nowhere near that amount. So I don't know where your getting info from.

As for what Dak wants he seems he is not in a hurry and has stated many times he wants to play with the Cowboys for the rest of his life.

You would think that he would use the same tactics as Zeke and hold out. But no. Dak is out there playing and trying to win games. While his agents are the ones working on the deal.
His agent also represents George Clooney and Leonardo DiCaprio.

They do NOT negotiate. They set the market only. That's their reputation. He's following their instructions.

They want to see this new CBA first.

It's a gamble, but Dak is making big endorsement of money, so not as much for him.

nobody

Reaction score
Dak haters are too entrenched in their agenda to change. They would have to create a new account in order to get any respect anyway. I have more respect for Philly fans than I do for them.

You know, if they came out and said "I was completely wrong about Dak. I see now that he's really good and deserves to be this team's QB" I'd respect them a lot more than if they stuck to bashing him or disappeared and reappeared under a new name.

Everyone is wrong from time to time, and sometimes even stubbornly wrong for a while before they see the light.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
You know, if they came out and said "I was completely wrong about Dak. I see now that he's really good and deserves to be this team's QB" I'd respect them a lot more than if they stuck to bashing him or disappeared and reappeared under a new name.

Everyone is wrong from time to time, and sometimes even stubbornly wrong for a while before they see the light.
I'd respect them if they just came out and said "I hate Dak because of X,Y, & Z and I'll never like him". But this lying crap of "I'm not a hater, he just has issues" victim card they try to play while they continue to contradict themselves, use double standards when comparing to other QBs, continually move the goalposts, and undermine every positive about Dak is not worthy of any respect whatsoever.