Dak should carry this offense

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh, so now the W-L record is on the QB?

That wasn’t what the inferior, low-IQ scum like you were saying entering this season.
:laugh:

Polite as usual lol.....
QB be responsible for the win & loss record of a team?
Nah they're just the highest-paid player of the team to change the coaches chewing gum flavor.
Dak employee keep your insulting ways going strong here as that contract bonus check is still uncashed for you and your clan here.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
just a guess. It might have something to do with the defense allowing 150+ rushing yards and allowing the Vikings offense to convert on 3rd down too much. As well as, the cowboys defense giving up an INCREDIBLY high points per drive.

Not to mention, the cowboys defense forcing zero turnovers.

none of which, the cowboys offense has any control over.

DING DING DING!!! We got a winner.

The Vikes averaged 4 minutes and 21 seconds per drive(excluding possession before halftime), which would destroy the league best average of 3 mins and 34 seconds.

You see @Diehardblues , all you have to do is ask and we will educate you!

Nav22

Reaction score
Little does Mammidog know(and I mean very very little) that if your team scores 24 points, on 8 drives that your team should win the game every week. That's 3 points per drive. The highest in the league? 3.08 points per drive with second being 2.65 ppd.

It blows my mind that that little grouping of guys, they know who they are, are so incredibly uneducated. They literally arent capable of looking past bulk stats(unless it's total passing yards since Dak ranks highly) lmao. Their inability to think anything beyond surface level is truly sad. You cant go far in life without it.
Bottom of the barrel. Bless their hearts.

Career burger flippers. Career ticket rippers. Career meter maids.

@PAPPYDOG isn’t paid to think, I’d bet my life on that.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I believe there's too much of a reliance on leaning upon our running game to support this offense. I think our passing attack is capable of offering a healthier balanced attack to sustain drives and discourage defenses from constantly stacking the box to control our running game. Calling running plays on first downs so much should be lessened considerably, to make our play calling much less predictable. It's also been said that Zeke always puts his mouthpiece in on running plays as a tipoff to defenses. If this holds true, it must stop.

Last edited:

Nav22

Reaction score
Polite as usual lol.....
QB be responsible for the win & loss record of a team?
Nah they're just the highest-paid player of the team to change the coaches chewing gum flavor.
Dak employee keep your insulting ways going strong here as that contract bonus check is still uncashed for you and your clan here.
37-20 as a starter, Trash Bag.
:thumbup:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
just a guess. It might have something to do with the defense allowing 150+ rushing yards and allowing the Vikings offense to convert on 3rd down too much. As well as, the cowboys defense giving up an INCREDIBLY high points per drive.

Not to mention, the cowboys defense forcing zero turnovers.

none of which, the cowboys offense has any control over.
I’d agree with everything until the final sentence. And why total TOP is such a critical stat in most cases. Especially for this team.

We’ve all known why our defense has been more effective in recent years because one, they weren’t on the field as long and two we had the lead forcing teams to throw the Ball more which always leads to more mistakes including penalties and turnovers.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I’ve never seen this stat before. Total TOP has always been the measuring stick. This appears to be a stat to support an opinion or narrative.

I’d like to see how this is measured across the league.

And 23 points is the average league wide. 24 points isn’t a bar to measure certain victory. This is beginning to sound like the arguments we had with Romo. Lol

How it’s measured? Are you serious?

Points per drive, you take their total points and divide it by their number of possessions.

Time per drive. You take the total time of possession and divide by the number of possessions.

it’s easy to measure.

just because you don’t understand an obvious stat, doesn’t mean it’s created to support a narrative.

what he is trying to tell you is. The overall time of possession battle was lost because the defense couldn’t get off the field. Not because the offense didn’t hold the ball a long time.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I’d agree with everything until the final sentence. And why total TOP is such a critical stat in most cases. Especially for this team.

We’ve all known why our defense has been more effective in recent years because one, they weren’t on the field as long and two we had the lead forcing teams to throw the Ball more which always leads to more mistakes including penalties and turnovers.

You’re wrong. The offense never has control over how many turnovers the defense forces. Or how much rushing yards they allow or how many 3rd down conversions they allow.

if you actually look at the game. The cowboys offense held the ball a long time on average, for each time they had the ball. Meaning the cowboys defense is the reason they were on the field, because they couldn’t force punts or turnovers enough.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
DING DING DING!!! We got a winner.

The Vikes averaged 4 minutes and 21 seconds per drive(excluding possession before halftime), which would destroy the league best average of 3 mins and 34 seconds.

You see @Diehardblues , all you have to do is ask and we will educate you!
Ok . So how does the Cowboys getting off to slow starts and early deficits effect the scheme ?

Is it more likely we’d need to pass the ball more which would lessen TOP while the opponent could run more?

Nav22

Reaction score
I’ve never seen this stat before. Total TOP has always been the measuring stick. This appears to be a stat to support an opinion or narrative.

I’d like to see how this is measured across the league.

And 23 points is the average league wide. 24 points isn’t a bar to measure certain victory. This is beginning to sound like the arguments we had with Romo. Lol
Oh my God.....
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

These are the only people left who don’t think Dak’s the answer. Brilliant minds like this.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

Points per drive, you take their total points and divide it by their number of possessions.

Time per drive. You take the total time of possession and divide by the number of possessions.

it’s easy to measure.

just because you don’t understand an obvious stat, doesn’t mean it’s created to support a narrative.

what he is trying to tell you is. The overall time of possession battle was lost because the defense couldn’t get off the field. Not because the offense didn’t hold the ball a long time.
I see how it’s calculated.

I’m talking about how it’s measured related to Total TOP and to teams success across the league.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Oh my God.....

These are the only people left who don’t think Dak’s the answer. Brilliant minds like this.
Was he the answer Sun night? I thought we lost the game?

Yes , he was only reason we were in the game. But is that a winning formula for us? Especially against the more Elite teams?

The contributing effects are notable. Otherwise we’ve gone back to the same arguments we had with Romo.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So the wins are on Zeke and the losses are on Dak.

Great analysis, Trash Bag!
:thumbup:

You just answered the question and you managed to do it with that pea-sized brain of yours.
Kudos!!!!

HungryLion

Reaction score
I see how it’s calculated.

I’m talking about how it’s measured related to Total TOP and to teams success across the league.

I just told you how it’s measured with total time of possession.

This isn’t rocket science. Anybody with eyes could have watched our defense get punked all game long against the Vikings. It was clear as day.

you just like to claim every stat that doesn’t support YOUR narrative, is useless because it supports a narrative.

take them for what they are. The Vikings offense held the ball for a very long time. Long enough that over an entire season it would be second in the entire league.

that’s why they won total TOP. Easy conclusion

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score

it’s easy to measure.

There is such a huge in intelligence between the two sides it is insane.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I just told you how it’s measured with total time of possession.

This isn’t rocket science. Anybody with eyes could have watched our defense get punked all game long against the Vikings. It was clear as day.
I obviously witnessed it. You’re still missing my point.

Our lesser TOP and early deficit provided them more opportunity to punk our defense.

HungryLion

Reaction score

Our lesser TOP and early deficit provided them more opportunity to punk our defense.

the early deficit was in large part by the defense getting steamrolled and allowing touchdowns on both the first possessions.

THE LESSER TOP was caused by the DEFENSE not forcing punts or turnovers. How hard is that to comprehend?

HungryLion

Reaction score

You’re saying that the TOP allowed the defense to get punked.

WRONG. The defense getting punked is what caused the lesser TOP. That’s what all the evidence points to. Based on the fact that the cowboys offense held the ball a long time on average per possession.