News: Dak still in the MVP conversation

EST_1986

Reaction score
It's a lot closer than you think. The numbers even say so, not only that but neither of them have had their bye week while Dak has.
Not looking at numbers. Jackson and Russ have just been very dominant. As has McCaffrey.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
dak is not going to win his team wont win enough games you have to be in the top of your conference in wins to be considered a middling record wont get u many awards

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
SO early still. Barely halfway through.

Still
TD-int differential is a key stat for me.

That sets Wilson apart in a big way

Dak is tied for 11th, I think. Not terrible but not MVP like either.
You liked that tweet that lists Romo 3rd only to Brees and Palmer in clutch EPA from 2009-19, so you'll be glad to know that the same metric for all plays in 2019 ranks them like this:

EPA/play
1 Mahomes
2 Prescott
3 Watson
4 Jackson
5 Cousins

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
2018? Let's pull up some current stats. :muttley:
3glieb.jpg

It says SINCE 2018 ........

Johnny23

Reaction score
It's a lot closer than you think. The numbers even say so, not only that but neither of them have had their bye week while Dak has.
Actually Jackson had his bye week. Wilson's is this weekend. If the Seahawks win the NFC west I think it's Wilson's award to lose especially when you consider the transition on offense and defense.

EST_1986

Reaction score
But yet Dak has more TDs than Jackson.....
I don’t care about stats. Stats don’t tell the entire story. And Dak has been great this season.

looked it up and they both have 21 total TDs after 9 played game? So not sure how Dak has more but ok.

DFWJC

Reaction score
You liked that tweet that lists Romo 3rd only to Brees and Palmer in clutch EPA from 2009-19, so you'll be glad to know that the same metric for all plays in 2019 ranks them like this:

EPA/play
1 Mahomes
2 Prescott
3 Watson
4 Jackson
5 Cousins
Youll notice my only complaint in this thread was that Mahomes wasn't in the top 5 in MVP face.

Section446

Reaction score
He's not that caliber of player, shouldn't even be in the conversation.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
If we somehow won out, including beating the Patriots in a few weeks, I could see Dak winning it.

But right now, it’s Russ. Russ has played out of his mind for a few seasons now.

TruBluSince1982

Reaction score
He has zero chance... the MVP is a narrative award, and that narrative seems to be drifting towards Jackson and Wilson. The Cowboys own narrative as a team that can’t beat anybody with a pulse isn’t helping.

That narrative is still being written. Dak topples Belly, Brady and the Pat's. Perfect narrative.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Well, we have the 30th rankedLions defense this week.
Not only can they not stop the run but they let Daniel Jones and Mitch Trubisky throw for 4 and 3 TDs respectively..

So good stats should continue for all!

:flagwave::flagwave::flagwave:

Tussinman

Reaction score
Dak has 18 passing TDs and Jackson has 15....... I'm not that smart but 18 is more than 15.
They both TOTAL have 21 each unless you think rushing touchdowns are unfair and don't count (which would be dumb since a huge perk of Wilson , Jackson, and Dak is being mobile).

They each have the same amount of touchdowns

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
If Dak and the team run the table he definitely should be in the conversation (presuming he was playing well during the run).

That said, it’s tough to win the MVP when your team lost to the Jets.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
They both TOTAL have 21 each unless you think rushing touchdowns are unfair and don't count (which would be dumb since a huge perk of Wilson , Jackson, and Dak is being mobile)
I heard right here that Dak isn't that good because of his rushing TDs.........

Spin it how you want but Dak has more passing TDs than Jackson, and that's on a run first team