Twitter: Dak talking about the impact of him not having any rushing attempts against the Colts

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
He's getting hate because it seems like he needs to be told to do something that should come naturally to an NFL QB with the ability to run. Linny shouldn't have to tell Dak to run or draw up plays for him to run. If you feel pressure and you have a lane, do something with it.
But Linehan should have called a few designed runs for Dak in the 2nd half vs the Colts. The Offense was struggling to move the ball in the 2nd half.

JGRXXN

Reaction score
Nothing that Dak says will ever be right with some people. Acting like a Pure Pocket passing QB is the only version of QB that should be in the NFL these days. Moving the pocket, roll outs, extending plays are the strengths of some NFL QBs/offenses and not just Dak's. Even Wentz would sometimes run if a play broke down. Rodgers will run/extend plays with his feet, if a play breaks down. But, Dak gets hate if he suggests doing it.

I think most are old in age and can't let it go... Bootlegs PA RPO Rolls puts stress on the defense and its like SL and JG don't care lol

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
That dude only bad mouths Dak... not the HC not the OC not the beat up oline be all he does is post hate about Dak which is a lil scary like dude is obsessed with Dak or something lol

I know, right? Like I said, if he were to say it once in a while, he might find a more sympathetic ear, but he goes on and on about it. I don't know what it is about him, but it's almost like he can't help but have constant goes at Dak. I wonder what Dak ever did to that poor bloke.

JGRXXN

Reaction score
I know, right? Like I said, if he were to say it once in a while, he might find a more sympathetic ear, but he goes on and on about it. I don't know what it is about him, but it's almost like he can't help but have constant goes at Dak. I wonder what Dak ever did to that poor bloke.

He clearly hates Dak as a person that's why he does it and your right it's kool every once in a while but with that scrub, it's Dak hate literally every single post... and I mean every...single... post lmao

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
He clearly hates Dak as a person that's why he does it and your right it's kool every once in a while but with that scrub, it's Dak hate literally every single post... and I mean every...single... post lmao

Yes, and I don't understand what it is about Dak's personality that he could hate. From everything I can tell about him, he comes across as a very humble and likeable chap, even if he isn't an elite QB. He's got what matters more than handegg (let's face it, it's an egg in the players' hands). I mean, I don't like Linehan's or Garrett's coaching abilities, but I don't go on about it NEARLY as much as he does.

pancakeman

Reaction score
Dak is bashed earlier in this thread for suggesting that he may run more, saying that his job is to throw and that Zeke should run. Now he is bashed if he doesn't run, because the coaching staff wants to turn him into something he is not. Proof that Dak will never be able to do right with some.
Not to mention that a quotation in which he takes blame is read as an example of him shifting blame!

Cowboy4evr

Reaction score
He's apparently implying none were called but going forward, he'll make his own necessary adjustments if the game dictates.

Dak Prescott was not sure if last week’s game against Indianapolis was the first game of his career he did not have a rush. It wasn’t. It was the third, but some of that was by design because the Cowboys felt they could run against the Colts without many zone-read looks. Prescott, who has 303 yards on 67 carries on the season, wants to do more with his legs this week against Tampa Bay. “I kind of just go with what the defense is giving me and their schemes and if they’re giving me running lanes or something like that, taking off,” Prescott said. “To finish a game like last week not having any rushing attempts, probably for the first time in my whole career, it’s crazy. After the game, you feel as healthy as I did, you almost a bad feeling because I realize didn’t run the ball. I didn’t do certain things where I’ve got to be able to do that and take matters into my own hands and go do it even if it’s not called.”

i

Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer8m ago

Guys I am new to this forum, but I have been a Cowboys Fan since Staubach. I am frustrated with Dak as all fans are. But look at Aikman's career. First three years, horrible. Year 1, 9 TDs, 18 int. QBR 55.7 Year 2, 11 TDs 18 int.QBR 66.6 Year 3 11 TDs 10 int QBR 86.7. Of his 12 year career, he only played 3 complete seasons. Only three years out of 12 he played 16 games. Yet they won 3 Super Bowls

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Guys I am new to this forum, but I have been a Cowboys Fan since Staubach. I am frustrated with Dak as all fans are. But look at Aikman's career. First three years, horrible. Year 1, 9 TDs, 18 int. QBR 55.7 Year 2, 11 TDs 18 int.QBR 66.6 Year 3 11 TDs 10 int QBR 86.7. Of his 12 year career, he only played 3 complete seasons. Only three years out of 12 he played 16 games. Yet they won 3 Super Bowls

Hang on a minute, was there something to do with the coaching then that made a difference? I can't quite tell, because it seems to some that it's all about the quarterback that's the problem. I could be dreadfully wrong.

lukin2006

Reaction score
There is the entire problem with these coaches. No adjustments. Their initial game plan sucked, yet they didn't adjust. JG is the biggest IDIOT in the NFL. I almost don't care if they lose out. Just to get rid of the bums.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
We can agree on that without spewing unwarranted vitriol. Dak impresses me one moment, then pisses me off the next. I'm close to done with him.

He’s average but he’s durable. Most QBs would be out for the season or playing injured.. You can win games with Dak but you gotta be creative. Vanilla is for dessert, not football.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
There is the entire problem with these coaches. No adjustments. Their initial game plan sucked, yet they didn't adjust. JG is the biggest IDIOT in the NFL. I almost don't care if they lose out. Just to get rid of the bums.

It did feel an awful lot like the Falcons game from last season all over again, didn't it?

Nav22

Reaction score
The Cowboys are 5-7 when Prescott has fewer than three rushing attempts, including 0-3 this season.

They are 13-4 when he rushes five or more times, and 5-0 when he has at least seven attempts.

Zman5

Reaction score
DC for the Eagles Schwartz said Dak was one of the most accurate passer on the run he had seen play. Pretty good compliment considering he sees Wentz everyday in practice.

Run Dak run.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I think if Dak would learn to step up in the pocket he would find both escape yardage and completions which would add to his effectiveness. I also think he should hold that quarterback draw just a beat longer before he takes off.
When I watch these games the pocket is actually being pushed back and then starts collapsing. If I were coaching Dak I would have him rolling out 75% of the time. He is not a pocket passer and these coaches need to realize he is better off with 1 or 2 reads and then run!

DandyDon52

Reaction score
He's apparently implying none were called but going forward, he'll make his own necessary adjustments if the game dictates.

Dak Prescott was not sure if last week’s game against Indianapolis was the first game of his career he did not have a rush. It wasn’t. It was the third, but some of that was by design because the Cowboys felt they could run against the Colts without many zone-read looks. Prescott, who has 303 yards on 67 carries on the season, wants to do more with his legs this week against Tampa Bay. “I kind of just go with what the defense is giving me and their schemes and if they’re giving me running lanes or something like that, taking off,” Prescott said. “To finish a game like last week not having any rushing attempts, probably for the first time in my whole career, it’s crazy. After the game, you feel as healthy as I did, you almost a bad feeling because I realize didn’t run the ball. I didn’t do certain things where I’ve got to be able to do that and take matters into my own hands and go do it even if it’s not called.”

i

Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer8m ago

Even dak realizes his running could help, but the jones boys may have a talk with him and tell him not to run.

fansince68

Reaction score
If able, every qb should run at least 4 times a game to keep the safeties and lbs on their heads. But of course we love to be predictable. Expect Dak to run in the red zone .

DandyDon52

Reaction score
When I watch these games the pocket is actually being pushed back and then starts collapsing. If I were coaching Dak I would have him rolling out 75% of the time. He is not a pocket passer and these coaches need to realize he is better off with 1 or 2 reads and then run!
Romo was a roll out passer, and JG forced him to be a pocket passer.
he is doing the same thing with dak.

But it looks like dak is tired of it, and wants to go to playoffs, so maybe he ad libs in next 2 games to make sure they win.
I brought this up in another thread, that luck ran 3 times getting good gain and keeping drives going and dak didnt run at all.

It was crazy to not go to read option , and hurry up in 2nd half.