News: Dak to miss 6-8 weeks

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
If they would have taken the pin out of his ankle they could have the surgery done last night, saving a day of recovery

Swagger

Reaction score
Two years ago he got injured, so that season was a wash. Last year they went 11-5 with him, and in the playoffs the TEAM didn't show up. Unless you think the only person that played bad against the 49er's was Dak?
I'm not of the view that Dak was the only player that underperformed but better quarterbacks in the league would have won that game in those conditions. The lazy retort is to mention Rodgers and the Packers lost to the 49ers the week after yet fail to mention it was in atrocious throwing conditions, with a really banged up offensive line and essentially a game that came down to special teams. Rodgers underperformed as well but as mentioned, I'm willing to cut him some slack given he has a ring and won MVP the last two seasons. Dak doesn't have that credit in the bank but is paid like he does.

SpaceCowboy99

Reaction score
Kaepernick is available.

Why do people keep saying that? He was bad while he was in the NFL, he's been out forever and can't make any teams practice squad.

Plus, if we did sign him, that would be a super easy decision for me, no more cowboys games or cowboys forums, nothing cowboys related until he is gone. Can't stand him.

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
Why do I not feel anything in reaction to this?

The Natural

Reaction score
Rams, Bengals, and Eagles are almost certainly all losses.

NY, Washington, Chicago, Detroit are all winnable.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
1. You cannot even call Jimmy G. He’s under contract with SF, and after what they saw from their young QB yesterday, he will be the starting QB very soon.

2. Forget Dak’s injury. Forget the great QB debate in Dallas. None of it matters this year. Like the GB Packers, the Cowboys are getting exactly what they deserve for allowing their OL to slowly slip into mediocrity with a lack of depth and for thinking they can win in the modern NFL without quality WRs.

They also haven’t given a damn about a backup QB for years. But the QB doesn’t really matter much when
  • The OL has no interior depth
  • You have a lack of WRs who can win and get open
  • You have an OC who refuses to commit to the running game, even in close games. (In a close game where it was obvious early that our WRs were in trouble, Zeke had 10 Carries for 52 yards!)

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
I will spoon feed you some facts.

Bengals won the following games in recent seasons:

2016: 6 games
2017: 7 games
2018: 6 games
2019: 2 games
2020: 4 games (Burrow joined and won 3 ganes before injury)
2021: 10 games and reached the Superbowl.

How many times was Burrow sacked last season?

What were the odds on the Bengals winning the Superbowl last season? No shorter than 100/1 and likely to have been 150/1 or 200/1+

Burrow really walked into a strong team, amazing offensive line and a winning culture :facepalm:
Why go back 8 years, when I specifically said last year? The O-line was the only thing below average about that team last year... especially in the playoffs. Watch how the entire team performed offense, defense, and coaching. Anyways...

I'm not of the view that Dak was the only player that underperformed but better quarterbacks in the league would have won that game in those conditions. The lazy retort is to mention Rodgers and the Packers lost to the 49ers the week after yet fail to mention it was in atrocious throwing conditions, with a really banged up offensive line and essentially a game that came down to special teams. Rodgers underperformed as well but as mentioned, I'm willing to cut him some slack given he has a ring and won MVP the last two seasons. Dak doesn't have that credit in the bank but is paid like he does.
What's lazy is to blindly guess that any other random qb would win that game. That excuses the fact that the entire team didn't show.

Elite qb's don't grow on trees... nor guarantee wins.

Last edited:

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Dak and the Jones' right now:
crying-wiping-tears-with-money.gif

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
My first thought sadly is “more excuses from Jerry.”