Dak traded mock 3RD

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
I dont think he will be traded and will most likely sign next offseason. Word is he was talking with the team directly as the deadline got near. Frances has burned too many bridges, and i think Dak changes agents before next offseason. He's done this with Donald, Watt, Hopkins, and even has Dupree and Simmons who didnt get new deals either. This guy is a snake. Im glad the Jones' didnt cave in. But for the sake of what could be heres this mock.

Dallas trades Dak Prescott to JAX for 1 overall and the rams pick which will probably be in the 15-20 range. ill say 17 and the Jags 33 overall pick. for Dak Prescott and Dallas RD2 pick.

ROUND1(JAX)
Trevor Lawrence QB Clemson

ROUND1(JAX)
Marvin Wilson DT Florida State

ROUND1
Joe Tryon DE Washington

ROUND2(JAX)
Brevin Jordan TE Miami

ROUND3
Hamsah Nasirildeen S Florida State

ROUND3(COMP Jones)
Aaron Robinson CB Central Florida

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Dallas trades Dak Prescott to JAX for 1 overall and the rams pick which will probably be in the 15-20 range. ill say 17 and the Jags 33 overall pick. for Dak Prescott and Dallas RD2 pick.
Did you really just type this out loud?

the Jags give up 5 years of cheap QB play and potential face of the franchise in Lawrence AND another 1st and a high 2nd for Dak and a 2nd?

delusional.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I wish people here would make up their minds. On one hand Dak isn't good enough to invest in long term so we need to draft Barbie from Clemson.

On the other hand, teams already in position to take her are going to trade two firsts for the privilege of paying Dak Prescott.

I've seen this scenario more than once just today.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
There have been a grand total of TWO quarterbacks who were under the tag, one of them was just recovered from a major injury and had a freshly high rated drafted quarterback on the team. The other had never won a playoff game for his team.

Yet somehow it's "Dak is gone, no quarterback has ever gone under the cap and stayed on the tagging team".

Taking two instances and extrapolating them to a conclusion would get you an F in stat class.

:laugh:

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I feel like we just did this with Dak before this draft?

If Dak is worse than whichever quarterback is going to go #1, then WHY WOULD THE TEAM DRAFTING #1 TRADE THE PICK?

Bigdog

Reaction score
Although I would love to get Lawrence it is not going to happen unless we have the no 1 pick.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
If Dak was available i think he'd easily get 2 first round picks. And personally i think he's going to light it up this yr with the weapons hes going to have to go with the coaches. If and its a big IF the team cant get a deal by the first couple weeks after the seasons over they need to trade him. Tag him and trade him. But i think he's going to sign a monster deal with Dallas next yr.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
If Dak was available i think he'd easily get 2 first round picks. And personally i think he's going to light it up this yr with the weapons hes going to have to go with the coaches. If and its a big IF the team cant get a deal by the first couple weeks after the seasons over they need to trade him. Tag him and trade him. But i think he's going to sign a monster deal with Dallas next yr.
The Cowboys have little if any leverage with Dak and would have ZERO leverage in a trade. Teams aren't going to want to give up 2 first round picks and $35M (or more) APY for Dak.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
they said that with cousins too.
and no one traded for him.

It's one thing to give up the money (Minnesota gave him the first fully guaranteed contract to get him), it's a whole other thing to give up two first rounders AND the money it's going to take to sign Dak, as you are suggesting.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Did you really just type this out loud?

the Jags give up 5 years of cheap QB play and potential face of the franchise in Lawrence AND another 1st and a high 2nd for Dak and a 2nd?

delusional.
I thought the other teams in the league were there just to serve the Cowboys.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Let me tell you all this NOW....

The scenario under which Dallas moves on from Prescott and gets any notable compensation has sailed.

That was completely blown by the assumption they could sign him easily and using the exclusive tag.

The next time anyones hand is forced it will be way too close to decision time for Dallas to expect any team to give up anything for him.

At this point it's either long term deal here or he walks for nothing. The only debate is does he play here on a second tag or not.

Theres NO team dealing anything of significance for Prescott in return for the privilege of taking on Dallas' problem.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
If Dak was available i think he'd easily get 2 first round picks.

I think you're wrong for the second time in this thread.

Dak would get signed if he's a free agent, despite what some idiots here say. But trading two first round picks AND paying Dak? I don't think so.