Dak vs Carr after 3 season and Carr's $125M contract

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Yeah, because Zeke and our Oline totally sucked last week at LA when it mattered most.

I'll say this, had Linehan decided to go all out pass happy, Dak would have led the Cowboys to a win, regardless of the Defense's absence.

Those rushing plays were wasted plays. Big time.

The pass is there because Zeke and the Oline are there. Teams focus on stopping the run and dare us to beat them with Dak's arm. Linehan never ever tries to take them up on it.

Linehan has gots to do.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
The pass is there because Zeke and the Oline are there. Teams focus on stopping the run and dare us to beat them with Dak's arm. Linehan never ever tries to take them up on it.

Linehan has gots to do.
Agreed. Linehan definitely had no trust in Dak and simply kept him in a bottle. That's because the Rams D-secondary was there to be exploited. Smh

Birdgang

Reaction score
Derek Carr couldn't do jack squat with Amari Cooper for this first 7 games of this season. Amari came to Dallas, and Dak did so much better with him as his only true weapon at receiving.

Yeah, Carr is better. :facepalm:

explain why Carr did heads and tails better after his departure.... dont use half of it for your narrative. I guess we will all ignore first signs of Amari Divaness we saw when he felt he was not getting ball too right ? Never has a over self worthed player caused problems before

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
explain why Carr did heads and tails better after his departure.... dont use half of it for your narrative. I guess we will all ignore first signs of Amari Divaness we saw when he felt he was not getting ball too right ? Never has a over self worthed player caused problems before
The results prove you wrong.

Proof

Reaction score

You mean when he said if he’s not getting the ball he needs to do better? Lol

Hadenough

Reaction score
Im not paying Dak that kinda money! And the Raiders were stupid to pay Carr that kind of money! That being said Carr has a higher ceiling than Dak but he also has a lower floor. I wouldnt saddle myself to either guy. I would let Dak play out his contract and in 2020 draft Tua, Herbert, or maybe that kid from Clemson will declare by then. Too many people say you can win a SB with a bus driver but go back an dlok at the majority of teams that win a SB, they have premier talent at the QB position.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Some posters standards are higher than regular season wins and doing jack in the playoffs.

We are the Cowboys, not the Browns...………..We dont hang division title banners in the rafters and have parades acting like we actually did something.

When Clappy learns to get past the Divisional round, maybe after another decade or two, then get back to me.
Well you better lower then standards because these past 20 years? We might as well be the Cleveland Browns. We are closer to them then we are the Patriots.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Im not paying Dak that kinda money! And the Raiders were stupid to pay Carr that kind of money! That being said Carr has a higher ceiling than Dak but he also has a lower floor. I wouldnt saddle myself to either guy. I would let Dak play out his contract and in 2020 draft Tua, Herbert, or maybe that kid from Clemson will declare by then. Too many people say you can win a SB with a bus driver but go back an dlok at the majority of teams that win a SB, they have premier talent at the QB position.
Go back and look at the losers too. How many rings does Stafford, Cam, Winston, Mariotta have?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Regular season vs. playoffs bro...………....we got 2 wildcard wins over a decade under Garrett............see my sig!

Now if you are satisfied with those results, then congratulations...........most of Cowboy Nation is not however.
I’m not satisfied I’m just curious how such a bad organization win so many games under a bad coach and quarterback. All I was asking.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Dak is not worth that. If Dak wants more than 15 million, let him go. Tear down the franchise, aim to try and draft Clemson QB.

Great idea, meanwhile as your tear down the franchise in hopes of drafting your Clemson idol, he could get hit by a bus tomorrow.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Not pushing Carr here

Still, a fair question would be “how would each player do if they traded teams?”.

Oakland has a way worse lead RB, oline, and defense.
Give both teams Cooper if you like, but just ask that question

Would Carrs numbers (and team win %) have be better here?
Would Daks have been worse there?

All hypothetical anyway.

And the truth now is that regardless anyone here thinks, Dak is going to be Dallas’ QB next year, and probably beyond

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
I want to see Dak in another series of accuracy contests against David Carr and Jason Garrett again, to see if he has gotten any better.

lukin2006

Reaction score
Great idea, meanwhile as your tear down the franchise in hopes of drafting your Clemson idol, he could get hit by a bus tomorrow.

Yes, he could. If they pay Dak more than what middle of the pack QB's make, then this team will never advance far in the playoffs. Dak is an alright QB, but in no way is he a franchise QB. Amazing how people would rather choose mediocrity over aiming to land a QB that could be the franchise QB.