Dak vs Rodgers Game Winning Drives

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Lol.....okey doke.
You truly do not feel that you do not have a chance to win every game with Dak? That is typical Cowboys fans. Dak ain't perfect but he aint no punk either. Dak has more than proven that he does not shrink in the moment.

Blake

Reaction score
I think we need a universal definition for "clutch".

To me, it means someone who doesn't get rattled and does all he can do for his part, to win a game. It means you can count on him to lead the team to victory, and you never feel like you're going to lose a game before it even starts.

It doesn't mean falling behind in the first half because he doesn't turn it on until the second half.

So... Romo basically.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You truly do not feel that you do not have a chance to win every game with Dak? That is typical Cowboys fans. Dak ain't perfect but he aint no punk either. Dak has more than proven that he does not shrink in the moment.
There have been several games in which I felt Dak wouldn't be able to beat the opponent's defense. For the most part, I was right, but fortunately our defense was even better against the opponent's offense.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Simply put it is the drive that puts the winning team ahead for the last time, confined to the fourth quarter or overtime.
QB goes 8-8 on a drive ending with a 12 yard, game winning TD pass with 7 seconds left? Game winning drive.
QB hands off on the first play of the fourth quarter to the running back who runs for a 75 yard touchdown with 14:45 left that ends up being the final score of the game? Also a game winning drive.
In isolation the GWD says zero about the QBs performance. The QB can have everything, or nothing, to do with it.
And why do you think a RB can make that 75 yard TD? Because you have to have a balanced offense with the threat of a good passing QB.

Blake

Reaction score
Do you ever add anything to a conversation, or just come in to say something negative about Romo?

It's an argument that makes you look hypocritical if you believe Romo was a superb QB because of his 4th quarter comebacks; many of which were in response to his poor play in the first half. It's worth noting, and I'm going to throw it back in your faces anytime I please.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Largely agree.

It's only really worth noting when a QB plays/played on a team with a poor offensive line/weak defense.

Impressive stats from Romo as he mostly had to contend with both including one of the historically worst defenses to have ever played in the league.

Regarding Brady, well the style of coaching by Belichick has kept a lot of games close, perhaps trusting Brady to get it done on the last drive given his high level of efficiency.

Whereas Rodgers will have blown out teams and often been let down by a poor defense.

Not sure I'd agree Belichick keeps games close. If anything he runs up the score more than anyone.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
It's an argument that makes you look hypocritical if you believe Romo was a superb QB because of his 4th quarter comebacks; many of which were in response to his poor play in the first half. It's worth noting, and I'm going to throw it back in your faces anytime I please.

Romo's numbers for first and second half were similar outside of his 2007, 2008, and 2012 seasons. Not sure what you're talking about.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
There have been several games in which I felt Dak wouldn't be able to beat the opponent's defense. For the most part, I was right, but fortunately our defense was even better against the opponent's offense.
ohhh everyone but Dak and JG gets credit syndrome. Running pretty rapid among Cowboys fans.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Oh, I didn't realize I'd mentioned a word about Romo.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
ohhh everyone but Dak and JG gets credit syndrome. Running pretty rapid among Cowboys fans.
I give Dak credit when it's due. Beating the Saints, for instance, was more about our defense than our offense.

Blake

Reaction score
Oh, I didn't realize I'd mentioned a word about Romo.

Doesn't matter if you did or not. Romo is certainly applicable in a discussion in which Dak's 4th quarter comebacks are being maligned by the herd, considering that is his "great" accomplishment

Red Dragon

Reaction score
As others have pointed out, "come-from-behind" or "game-winning drives" actually aren't a good criteria. They indicate a team finds its trailing or tied often.

The 1992-1995 Cowboys, and Aikman, had very few deficit-overcoming or game-winning drives, due to usually being dominant.

dfense

Reaction score
While slightly amusing, these posts are really ridiculous.

Dak was up to 48 games before he threw a TD in the last 2 minutes of any game he's been in and that was to Beasley in the end zone against the Giants the final game of last season. I'll even give you the OT throw to Cooper against the Eagles that was really close to a pick. That's 45 games. He also dived in from the 1 foot line against Washington.

But in reality, 3 full seasons without a TD throw in the last two minutes of any game. Why don't you compare that to Rodgers. Or better yet, anybody.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Would happen to have examples?
I give Dak credit when it's due. Beating the Saints, for instance, was more about our defense than our offense.
In 3 years you give Dak credit for just one game?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Doesn't matter if you did or not. Romo is certainly applicable in a discussion in which Dak's 4th quarter comebacks are being maligned by the herd, considering that is his "great" accomplishment
I see. And how exactly did I "malign" Dak's fourth quarter comebacks?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Would happen to have examples?

In 3 years you give Dak credit for just one game?
Read it again. That was an example of a game which I felt Dak wouldn't win, but our defense kept an otherwise high scoring offense to few enough points for us to win.

I credit Dak for being probably the best player against the Rams, even though we lost. I think we could have won that game, if not for dropped passes, even as bad as our defense played.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Comparing Rodgers to Dak is like comparing a Ferrari to a Fiat..... common folk's let's all get back to planet Earth!!!!:omg: