Dak vs Rodgers Game Winning Drives

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Read it again. That was an example of a game which I felt Dak wouldn't win, but our defense kept an otherwise high scoring offense to few enough points for us to win.

I credit Dak for being probably the best player against the Rams, even though we lost. I think we could have won that game, if not for dropped passes, even as bad as our defense played.
Dak has had 33 wins in his 3 seasons. In roughly half of those games Dak had 15 or so game winning drives. Cowboys fans have to be better.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dak has had 33 wins in his 3 seasons. In roughly half of those games Dak had 15 or so game winning drives. Cowboys fans have to be better.
Had we been better in the first half to three quarters, those game winning drives wouldn't have been necessary. Cowboys fans have to be more realistic.

I think Kitna will help with Dak's mechanics, and Moore will create plays better suited to Dak's strengths, so hopefully we won't be repeating this argument next year.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Had we been better in the first half to three quarters, those game winning drives wouldn't have been necessary. Cowboys fans have to be more realistic.

I think Kitna will help with Dak's mechanics, and Moore will create plays better suited to Dak's strengths, so hopefully we won't be repeating this argument next year.
Ohhh so in ALL 15 games that we came back in it was ONLY because of Dak that we needed him to be clutch to begin with. Cowboys fans please do better.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Ohhh so in ALL 15 games that we came back in it was ONLY because of Dak that we needed him to be clutch to begin with. Cowboys fans please do better.
You're right, Dak's God. I don't know how I missed it!!!!

DFWJC

Reaction score
Simply put it is the drive that puts the winning team ahead for the last time, confined to the fourth quarter or overtime.
QB goes 8-8 on a drive ending with a 12 yard, game winning TD pass with 7 seconds left? Game winning drive.
QB hands off on the first play of the fourth quarter to the running back who runs for a 75 yard touchdown with 14:45 left that ends up being the final score of the game? Also a game winning drive.
In isolation the GWD says zero about the QBs performance. The QB can have everything, or nothing, to do with it.
And, of course, the defense has to hold the lead

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Read it again. That was an example of a game which I felt Dak wouldn't win, but our defense kept an otherwise high scoring offense to few enough points for us to win.

I credit Dak for being probably the best player against the Rams, even though we lost. I think we could have won that game, if not for dropped passes, even as bad as our defense played.

Dak, Amari, and Gallup were the only ones that showed up for that game. I will give him credit for that, especially since we went against a future (yet debatable) Superbowl team.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dak, Amari, and Cooper were the only ones that showed up for that game. I will give him credit for that, especially since we went against a future (yet debatable) Superbowl team.
I'm guessing you didn't mean Amari Cooper when you said Cooper?

mattjames2010

Reaction score
And, of course, the defense has to hold the lead

As I mentioned earlier, the opponent you're playing also matters.

Like the example I used, you'd think Rodgers was a clutch player in this league - yet, when you look at quality teams he has faced - he's either a guy who put up big numbers and kept a lead or completely flubbed in the 4th quarter.

Dak played a couple quality games this year against high ranked opponents, which came against Philadelphia with a banged up defense. He nearly fumbled away the Saints game, failed to bring us back against the Panthers (though Cam's injury hurt them later in the season), put up 0 against the Colts, looked terrible late against the Titans.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I fixed it. I meant Gallup lmao. Dak, Amari, and Gallup. It's been a long day here, so.... I apologize for my mistake
IIRC, even Amari and Gallup dropped passes they should have caught, didn't they?

I could be mistaken. I just remember thinking that Dak was doing his part in that game, but his receivers were letting him down.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
IIRC, even Amari and Gallup dropped passes they should have caught, didn't they?

I could be mistaken. I just remember thinking that Dak was doing his part in that game, but his receivers were letting him down.

Eh they kinda did drop passes, but I like how they were burning all the corners and defenders that were on them. If they were able to make the same plays with their legs as they were with their hands, we might be having a different conversation right now.

wrongway

Reaction score
Dak is clutch. I don't think anyone can take that from him.

Like Witten said... He was always frustrated with the coaches when it took them so long to go to the hurry up and that is when Dak and even Romo would step it up a level.

Spread teams out and pick up the pace.

Instead Garrett would just rather watch the offense struggle and try to string together 10 plays drives and if it doesn't work for 3 quarters then no big deal. Process.

Dak is a completely different player when we are spread out.
That's one of the problems. Constantly needing 10 play drives or more. Must get more big pass plays from the QB and receivers.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Roger's isnt a Hall of Fame QB in your mind huh
Dan Marino is in the HoF...

I don't care about player's individual accolades. I just want players that win Super Bowls.

Dan Mario's passing stats eclipsed Troy Aikman's but Aikman won 3 SBs to zero for Marino.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
at the current pace through his first three seasons, Dak Prescott is poised to pass Aaron Rodgers in career game winning drives at some point during next season(his fourth). Rodgers has been in the league since 2005.

I only remember one Rogers game winning drive. January 2016. Still hate the "spike call". Dak ain't Rogers just yet but 1 SB win and he ties him too ;)

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
So try using your brain and think about what that actually might mean about game winning drives.
Also try looking up what a game winning drive is, you and the majority of the Dak slobberers on this board don’t seem to understand what they are.

We win drives, not championships around here. Yay!