News: Dak Wants Cowboys To Pay Him ‘Right Behind Mahomes’ - And Pay Him ‘Respect’

Bigdog

Reaction score
Dak need to show some respect to the Cowboys by not being absurd in his asking price. That is insulting. He has 1 playoff win and has not taken the team to the SB and he wants to be the 2nd highest paid player in the NFL. Trade him. He will find out what the NFL stands for- Not For Long when you make those asinine demands

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Respect Daks request and then go trade for Russ Wilson

tenor.gif

Nemesis4u

Reaction score
I didnt want dak at 35 mil a season let alone at what they are asking. Please people just think whats better for the long term of this team dak taking up 20-30% of the cap or a couple picks we could get for him and using the money to build the team. Dak is not a top 3 QB. He's around the 6-11 mark depending on who you ask. I know it sucked years with quincy carter but if we get dak we are gonna be 8-8-9-7 again for the next forseeable future. A guy like Fitzpatrick or Jones from bama or Trask from florida + 2 premium picks and 40 million in cash is sooooo much better then resigning dak.

plymkr

Reaction score
Ok so that article kind of settles 2 things. One in 2018 they offered Dak 30 million a year which was top 5 QB pay. In 2019 they upped it to 35 million a year.

So this settles the discussion that the Cowboys tried to sign Dak in 2018 and 2019. Offers were made to Dak. Dak chose to play on his rookie deal for 2018 and 2019.

I feel top 5 QB money for a QB that isn't in the top 5 is more than fair and "respectful". No one can say that Dallas disrespected Dak and let him play on his rookie contract anymore. That's been debunked. Dak made a decision to play for peanuts when he was offered 30 million in 2018 and 35 in 2019.

Dak is being stupid here.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
yep..and I will say it again, one must wonder if this isn't a ploy to get out of Dallas? Sure get the feeling he wants out.

Gee, I wonder why a QB would want out of Dallas?

It's almost as if Dak, and his agent, know this is a loser organization as long as Jerry and Stephen are playing fantasy football.

I can't imagine what gave them that idea. :rolleyes:

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
yep..and I will say it again, one must wonder if this isn't a ploy to get out of Dallas? Sure get the feeling he wants out.
Let him try and roll,, the non exclusive,,, can we just start using the simple abbreviation .."NET".. for those paying attention,, lol
not at you Raymon,, just those following its much easier because I believe the NET is in the works and will be discussed heavily here.