News: Dak Wants Cowboys To Pay Him ‘Right Behind Mahomes’ - And Pay Him ‘Respect’

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Ok but understanding how the Cowboys have used free agency and salary cap space for the last 5 years....what do you think the Cowboys will do with any "savings" they have by letting Dak go in favor of Dalton?

The objective is not to "lose games". You're paying Dak to win. And yes he was 2-3 last year. If I thought Dak's ceiling or even his floor was to start the season 2-3 then I'd agree with you. But I don't. IF you want to make this black and white and give Dak full blame for going 2-3 then yes I can understand why you feel the way you do. I just disagree here. I honestly believe in the games Dak went 2-3 in it was a complete mess from top to bottom. Dak would start games off slow....Zeke was struggling...defense was bad...McCarthy was bad....everything that could go wrong would go wrong.

We can agree on how the Cowboys have bungled the signing of free agents and handled contract extensions.

At the end of the day the fundamental point is that Dak Prescott is he worth what he is demanding given that he isn’t all that is needed to secure wins. The answer is a simple no. We can claim that that’s the market, okay why would I reduce my chance at wins in a team sport simply because other teams have driven up the price of one position?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
We can agree on how the Cowboys have bungled the signing of free agents and handled contract extensions.

At the end of the day the fundamental point is that Dak Prescott is he worth what he is demanding given that he isn’t all that is needed to secure wins. The answer is a simple no. We can claim that that’s the market, okay why would I reduce my chance at wins in a team sport simply because other teams have driven up the price of one position?
Because you don’t reduce your wind by signing Dak.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Because you don’t reduce your wind by signing Dak.

I disagree the impact of his contract will be felt when the team struggles to retain other players whose contracts come up. When that happens we now need to patch up those holes as they leave. It’s basic math and the pie can only be sliced up in so many ways. That is part of Jerry and his breaking trusts failing when they handed out giant contracts to middling players or for RBs.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Nah I didn't misunderstand you. I peeped EXACTLY what you were doing. You have a issue with me defending Dak. Its clear. Why it bothers you or anyone else I have no damn idea. But that's something you're going to have to get over especially on a Cowboys forum.
LOL Throwing down that victim card. Poor rocy. Everybody out to get him and he just doesn't know why.

Your defending Dak means nothing to me. You only stand out because of your constant, delusional hypocrisy towards other posters. Irrational and immature hypocrites seem to draw my attention and, like I said, you stand out. It doesn't even bother me, it amuses me. I just can't resist pointing out the obvious to the oblivious. I'm just trying to help. ;)

Credit where credit is due though, you are right about one thing. You do "have no damn idea".

Carry on.

Over and out.

:starspin:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I disagree the impact of his contract will be felt when the team struggles to retain other players whose contracts come up. When that happens we now need to patch up those holes as they leave. It’s basic math and the pie can only be sliced up in so many ways. That is part of Jerry and his breaking trusts failing when they handed out giant contracts to middling players or for RBs.

This team has locked everyone up so who are they failing to retain? Quite frankly, who is even worth retaining at this point? I want some of these guys gone who are here long term as it is....

I hear you when you talk about the pie.....my issue isn't Dak's piece of the pie though. The Jaylon, Lawrence and Zeke pieces are more concerning to me because that is money you could actually use to "build around Dak". That money would go further than whatever money you'd save from downgrading from Dak to Dalton.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
LOL Throwing down that victim card. Poor rocy. Everybody out to get him and he just doesn't know why.

Your defending Dak means nothing to me. You only stand out because of your constant, delusional hypocrisy towards other posters. Irrational and immature hypocrites seem to draw my attention and, like I said, you stand out. It doesn't even bother me, it amuses me. I just can't resist pointing out the obvious to the oblivious. I'm just trying to help. ;)

Credit where credit is due though, you are right about one thing. You do "have no damn idea".

Carry on.

Over and out.

:starspin:

:laugh: @ Over and out. Oh boy.......have a nice day Vtwin.:facepalm:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
You are being absurd now.

Why would I say “I want to be paid right behind Mahomes” is what Dak stated when I referenced the EXACT quote for everybody to read and argued this was idea about being the highest-paid player has been his position since “day 1”? You flat out stated the quote I brought was not what Dak stated, which had to do with being the highest paid player, because you very well know this quote applied to the same circumstances Dak is in now.

And it was exactly what Dak stated and now you to trying to get around it with this nonsense that Dak didn’t say the above words, which I never stated he did.

I also mentioned on this thread that Dak said his contract was about respect in the interview he did last off-season.

It is exactly what Dak stated.

Just quit with the nonsense, such as “you’ve been sucked” when you are flat out wrong.. it’s not a good look.
You've been sucked.

What does the bold sentence mean?

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Its not about it being "comparable". Was the offensive like trash even when Zack Martin was out there? Yes. You can't be serious trying to argue that Dalton had it bad but Dak had it good? Sacked 10 times in 5 games but the offensive line was good? Just silly.
It's not about being comparable? How ridiculous is that? It is 100% about being comparable. That's the point of a comparison.

The comparison is that Dak had it much better (not necessarily good/great, but much better).

Only a complete fool would not recognize a drastically different OL for the other guys. And not just on paper, but in actual performance.

And the line, while still very poor, was significantly improved when Martin was in the lineup.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
So what are you even going on about then? Why are you harping on 2 games? Here's another math problem...if Dak played 5 games...Gilbert and Dinucci played 2...how many games did Dalton play?
I didn't "harp" on two games. Again, how do you call other people liars when it's all you seem to do?

I listed it as a contributing factor. And 2 games (or 2.3) was at least 1/3 of the games used for one side of the graphic I was responding to.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It's not about being comparable? How ridiculous is that? It is 100% about being comparable. That's the point of a comparison.

The comparison is that Dak had it much better (not necessarily good/great, but much better).

Only a complete fool would not recognize a drastically different OL for the other guys. And not just on paper, but in actual performance.

And the line, while still very poor, was significantly improved when Martin was in the lineup.
I mean I don't know what to tell you. A bad line is bad to me. I guess if you want to say they were better with Zack Martin out here then I guess I can't really disagree with that. Did Zack Martin miss the Cardinals game where Dalton sucked? Can't remember.....

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I didn't "harp" on two games. Again, how do you call other people liars when it's all you seem to do?

I listed it as a contributing factor. And 2 games (or 2.3) was at least 1/3 of the games used for one side of the graphic I was responding to.

What did I just lie about in that post?

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I mean I don't know what to tell you. A bad line is bad to me. I guess if you want to say they were better with Zack Martin out here then I guess I can't really disagree with that. Did Zack Martin miss the Cardinals game where Dalton sucked? Can't remember.....
Most of it. 2 OL went down in the first 10 plays or so.

There's degrees of bad, and it makes a big difference.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
That I was harping. Or anything close to it.
But you were harping....is that something you really want to be argumentative about though?

Most of it. 2 OL went down in the first 10 plays or so.

There's degrees of bad, and it makes a big difference.

There's 5 linemen. If you just have one good one out there.....that's not enough to make you go from bad to good.

bigE79

Reaction score
Just stop while you're ahead as:

What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Some men, you just can't reach.

So you get what we had here last week -- which is the way he wants it.

Well, he gets it.

And I don't like it anymore than you men.
Cool hand luke....one of my favs

bigE79

Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys 1st round draft picks since 2017:

2017: Taco Charlton BUST and released
2018: LVE JURY STILL OUT had played well then injuries
2019: NOTHING NADA CERO
2020: CeeDee Lamb Good rookie season but had some drop issues; luxury pick not a need

So Dallas isn't in much better shape in terms of draft picks. As for my point: you referenced the failings of the Rams and Eagles yet they have gone to (Rams) and won a Super Bowl (Eagles) recently whereas Dallas has done nothing.
Lamb was a luxury we didn't need.

Sheepherder

Reaction score
If in fact this is an accurate report then all bets are off and JJ & Co. need to assign the non-exclusive franchise tag to Dak and allow him to shop himself elsewhere so as to recoup whatever draft pick compensation deal they can obtain while also recognizing this team needs to change the me first big money deal culture and rebuild a TEAM.
You are so right my friend.