News: Dak Wants Cowboys To Pay Him ‘Right Behind Mahomes’ - And Pay Him ‘Respect’

kskboys

Reaction score
Cousins wanted out of DC and so he played his hand that way. I think Dak is doing the same thing to get out.
Cousins wanted a huge payday but wasn't worth what he was asking. Which has proven itself out in MINNY. Right now, Dak is just a decent QB, bottom of the top 10 or so type. Overpaying him is NOT the answer. Time to move on.

Good thing is, this might force Jerry to finally rebuild!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rayman70

Reaction score
Cousins wanted a huge payday but wasn't worth what he was asking. Which has proven itself out in MINNY. Right now, Dak is just a decent QB, bottom of the top 10 or so type. Overpaying him is NOT the answer. Time to move on.

Good thing is, this might force Jerry to finally rebuild!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Me thinks JJ knows it too.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Ok so that article kind of settles 2 things. One in 2018 they offered Dak 30 million a year which was top 5 QB pay. In 2019 they upped it to 35 million a year.

So this settles the discussion that the Cowboys tried to sign Dak in 2018 and 2019. Offers were made to Dak. Dak chose to play on his rookie deal for 2018 and 2019.

I feel top 5 QB money for a QB that isn't in the top 5 is more than fair and "respectful". No one can say that Dallas disrespected Dak and let him play on his rookie contract anymore. That's been debunked. Dak made a decision to play for peanuts when he was offered 30 million in 2018 and 35 in 2019.

Dak is being stupid here.
Each year was below market and well below his peers who he was outperforming. Cowboys were faster to get ty craw to the table than Dak. Speaks more about the FO than the player

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Threads like this remind just how delusional Cowboys fans can be, even in 2021.

Is Dak Patrick Mahomes? Of course not. But Patrick Mahomes wouldn't drag this joke of a team to a SB, so expecting Dak to do it is just silly.

But players should want to play in Dallas, right? Why? Because the Cowboys won SBs before they were born, or at best when they were in diapers?

Jerry and Stephen Jones are NFL laughingstocks. Do you think any team in the NFL is concerned with what these jokers are doing after 25 years of nothing? Do you think agents are trying to hitch their stars wagon to these morons after 25 years of nothing?

TAKE OFF THE SILVER AND BLUE GOGGLES!

Rayman70

Reaction score
tenor.gif
its why are here..HOPE . Don't be a buzz kill...or a Karen. YW...

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Yeah, you got like 6 lovers and 6 haters who go at each other like married couples, majority just want what's best for the team.
All anyone in this entire NFC East division had to do was just trip over their own feet to at least win this mess,, thats what is so frustrating from fan perspective when you see people in
pivotal positions to make basic evaluations and fail at a monumental level when you consider the amount of money they make to just be average.
Sorry, but that dont cut it in my book,,, I dont care how much Jerry paying his boys, I would talk up all to get under a rolling buss.
Dont care about all the talk, choosing sides,, its just facts and logic.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Threads like this remind just how delusional Cowboys fans can be, even in 2021.

Is Dak Patrick Mahomes? Of course not. But Patrick Mahomes wouldn't drag this joke of a team to a SB, so expecting Dak to do it is just silly.

But players should want to play in Dallas, right? Why? Because the Cowboys won SBs before they were born, or at best when they were in diapers?

Jerry and Stephen Jones are NFL laughingstocks. Do you think any team in the NFL is concerned with what these jokers are doing after 25 years of nothing? Do you think agents are trying to hitch their stars wagon to these morons after 25 years of nothing?

TAKE OFF THE SILVER AND BLUE GOGGLES!
whose your team? because it cannot be Dallas..that much is obvious. Give it a rest.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
how dare I root for the team...wow...

We both root for the team. One of us is just completely delusional when it comes to what this team is in 2021, and it's not me...wow.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Gee, I wonder why a QB would want out of Dallas?

It's almost as if Dak, and his agent, know this is a loser organization as long as Jerry and Stephen are playing fantasy football.

I can't imagine what gave them that idea. :rolleyes:
because its a pressure cooker here. DUH

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Yes. However, he has chosen to keep him, which means he is happy w/ the representation.

At this point, I'm not sure what to conclude. I want to like Dak, and I used to, but this is making that like wane for me.
Thats what is actually more concerning, that Dak actually stayed with him.

Rayman70

Reaction score
We both root for the team. One of us is just completely delusional when it comes to what this team is in 2021, and it's not me...wow.
I want to win and we have a cap. In order to do that we must not accept a terrible deal that will cripple our ability to fix a woeful d. My guess is the money isnt that big a issue. Its the years.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I want to win and we have a cap. In order to do that we must not accept a terrible deal that will cripple our ability to fix a woeful d. My guess is the money isnt that big a issue. Its the years.
It was the term, it always is,, damn, just look at the money KC payed, they dont care about the money they care about the term.

mardwin

Reaction score
Ok so that article kind of settles 2 things. One in 2018 they offered Dak 30 million a year which was top 5 QB pay. In 2019 they upped it to 35 million a year.

So this settles the discussion that the Cowboys tried to sign Dak in 2018 and 2019. Offers were made to Dak. Dak chose to play on his rookie deal for 2018 and 2019.

I feel top 5 QB money for a QB that isn't in the top 5 is more than fair and "respectful". No one can say that Dallas disrespected Dak and let him play on his rookie contract anymore. That's been debunked. Dak made a decision to play for peanuts when he was offered 30 million in 2018 and 35 in 2019.

Dak is being stupid here.

Dak is not a top 5 QB, the front office went out of its way to make an such offer and he feels disrespected???

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
why are you here? Are you even a fan? I am truly askin.

I grew up an hour away from Pittsburgh in the 70s and I rooted for the Cowboys. Try that and get back to me, genius.

Dudes grow up in Fort Worth rooting for the Dallas Cowboys and act like that takes some sort of dedication - any idiot could do that. :rolleyes:

So don't even attempt to preach to me about being a fan. The fact that you've got some delusional vision of the Cowboys - or maybe just aren't that bright - is no reflection on me. I'd bet a thousand dollars that you would've rooted for whatever team was in your back yard.

The fact is Jerry and Stephen Jones have turned the Dallas Cowboys into a joke. Whether you choose to accept that is irrelevant.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Here’s the thing. Most on here will say he doesn’t deserve that amount. But let him test free agency and he’s absolutely get it. Now will we give in to his supposed demands ?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Mahomes long-term deal averages $45 million per year. So the $40-$44 mil the Prescott camp wants doesn't surprise me, and shouldn't surprise many.
Yep. It really shouldn't. That's the market. Especially based on what Watson got.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Here’s the thing. Most on here will say he doesn’t deserve that amount. But let him test free agency and he’s absolutely get it. Now will we give in to his supposed demands ?
That is the thing. He will no doubt get it. That's why they are asking for it. They know he will get it from someone. Commanders would give it to him and not think twice about it.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Cowboys have gone up 5M each year, so Dak will sign for around 40M per. Put some respeck on Dak's name!!!

Cowboys have to pay a tax, and they should pay more to all their players for forfeiting their (players) hopes and dreams of a SB.

I've been saying this is for a minute, if Dak is smart he'll leave, but first he's gonna get all the blue cheese from Jerry he can...not a bad plan by France.