Dak was the problem with Dez debunked

jujoboys

Reaction score
yeah basically his skill set is more attuned to throwing to someone wide open rather than tight windows. Dez was very similar to Irvin who used his body to shield himself from defenders. Irvin was never a huge separation guy either but Troy was deadly accurate. No doubt Amari is a better receiver now than Dez is today but more seasoned accurate QB could make very good use of Dez from last year.

Hence, the reason Dez was in such high demand after we cut him (sarcasm). Btw, Michael Irvin was much better route runner than Dez. Irvin created separation with his route running ability and an occasional push off. And Aikman was deadly accurate on most throws but his deep passes were average.

Ken

Reaction score
yeah basically his skill set is more attuned to throwing to someone wide open rather than tight windows. Dez was very similar to Irvin who used his body to shield himself from defenders. Irvin was never a huge separation guy either but Troy was deadly accurate. No doubt Amari is a better receiver now than Dez is today but more seasoned accurate QB could make very good use of Dez from last year.
LOL!

He basically only throws to tightly covered guys. He has done that his whole career. It is why he has led the nfl in tight window throws two years in a row.

Now he gets someone who gets seperation and the guy is running for Rac and tds. How is this possible?

Oh ya...not throwing to slow...catch and fall down players.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Not to mention...there was literally no way that cb intercepts that ball. he barely got a hand on it.

It is called a pass deflection.

And the supposed underthrown ball for a td was not that underthrown at all and it was thrown toward the middle of the field more. If those people who thought it was overthrown would look...Dak can't step into the throw and is hit.

If this happens to Mahomes...these same people are telling everyone how physically gifted he is.

With Dak...he is an inaccurate noodle arm. Go figure.

Looking at the replay around the :52 second mark, you can clearly see number 53 bringing pressure in Dak's face. So, he couldn't exactly hold into the ball for a couple of seconds longer to try and throw it more to the outside away from the DB. He had to get rid of quick and throw it at least where Cooper could make a play on it. Instead of on Cooper's other side where it would have been picked.

Reactions: Ken

Ken

Reaction score
Looking at the replay around the :52 second mark, you can clearly see number 53 bringing pressure in Dak's face. So, he couldn't exactly hold into the ball for a couple of seconds longer to try and throw it more to the outside away from the DB. He had to get rid of quick and throw it at least where Cooper could make a play on it. Instead of on Cooper's other side where it would have been picked.

And you can see on the final replay angle of that video...dak threw it way before Coop even broke.

People bag on his anticipation...this is anticipation and it won the game.

cwbyfn88

Reaction score
One guy gets open buddy and one doesnt. Pretty simple stuff. If you call throwing the ball up for grabs to a covered receiver then sure Dak didnt want to throw him that ball.
That was Dez's style. Big jump ball target. Romo could get him the ball in tight windows. It's not a knock on Dak. But to say it's only one and not a combo of both then it's just biased is all I'm saying. I don't blame Dak for not taking those chances. He has enough INT from miscommunication with WRs

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
They were successful enough to make the Pro Bowl together in 2016. Dez's fall off began in 2017.

Wow you're right. Dez made the pro bowl with 796 yards and 8 TDs

In the NFC alone these players didnt make the pro bowl:
Jordy- 1257 yards and 14 TDs
Cooks- 1173 yards and 8 TDs
Thomas- 1137 yards and 9 TDs

That's crazy

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Wow you're right. Dez made the pro bowl with 796 yards and 8 TDs

In the NFC alone these players didnt make the pro bowl:
Jordy- 1257 yards and 14 TDs
Cooks- 1173 yards and 8 TDs
Thomas- 1137 yards and 9 TDs

That's crazy
And Dez missed 3 games.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
so what debunks the fear that got him the last half of last year and half of this year. Oh yeah!! the made up excuses of everybody was hurt, the offensive line fell apart, the coaches forgot how to coach. *chuckles*..:lmao:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
That was Dez's style. Big jump ball target. Romo could get him the ball in tight windows. It's not a knock on Dak. But to say it's only one and not a combo of both then it's just biased is all I'm saying. I don't blame Dak for not taking those chances. He has enough INT from miscommunication with WRs

Dak strength is not throwing picks. Is this a new petty complain because he had 2 last week?

Throwing the ball to Dez has nothing to do with a tight window. Its just throwing it up for grabs when hes not open. The back shoulder was also popular with those two. New receivers coach doesn't appear to like those.

It should be joyfully obvious what happened with Dak the moment he got a real #1 receiver.

cwbyfn88

Reaction score
Dak strength is not throwing picks. Is this a new petty complain because he had 2 last week?

Throwing the ball to Dez has nothing to do with a tight window. Its just throwing it up for grabs when hes not open. The back shoulder was also popular with those two. New receivers coach doesn't appear to like those.

It should be joyfully obvious what happened with Dak the moment he got a real #1 receiver.
I don't know why you are looking for an argument when we clearly agree on Daks strength. I also agreed with you in an earlier post on what Cooper has done as legitimate #1. My only disagreement with you is you worship Dak as a God and I say it takes two to tango. Clearly Dez and Daks style didn't mesh and as pissed as I was that we let Dez go I'm happy now with Cooper because they actually have a chemistry right out the gate. That's rare. Where as Dak and Dez couldn't get on the same page. With an entire off season of work together. As much as I loved Dez I'm able to admit he wasn't a good route Runner. And his strength was limited to possession receiver and power to break tackles and pull defenders after the catch. Once in a while he could go down the field but that wasn't often. But you know in some people's eyes Dak cannot sin LMAO.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I don't know why you are looking for an argument when we clearly agree on Daks strength. I also agreed with you in an earlier post on what Cooper has done as legitimate #1. My only disagreement with you is you worship Dak as a God and I say it takes two to tango. Clearly Dez and Daks style didn't mesh and as pissed as I was that we let Dez go I'm happy now with Cooper because they actually have a chemistry right out the gate. That's rare. Where as Dak and Dez couldn't get on the same page. With an entire off season of work together. As much as I loved Dez I'm able to admit he wasn't a good route Runner. And his strength was limited to possession receiver and power to break tackles and pull defenders after the catch. Once in a while he could go down the field but that wasn't often. But you know in some people's eyes Dak cannot sin LMAO.

At this time I put Dak in the 12-15 range for a QB. In only his 3rd season and with a marginal Oline and limited options to throw to I think he is right on track. Will never be elite, but can be a top 10 QB eventually and with his leadership and clutch nature that would be amazing for a 4th round pick.

cwbyfn88

Reaction score
At this time I put Dak in the 12-15 range for a QB. In only his 3rd season and with a marginal Oline and limited options to throw to I think he is right on track. Will never be elite, but can be a top 10 QB eventually and with his leadership and clutch nature that would be amazing for a 4th round pick.
Completely agree with you on that point.