Twitter: Dak: "We have the right guys. I promise 2018 will be a great year"

ICP

Reaction score
Oh, well now I feel soooo much better. If anything I'm starting to think maybe Dak did have a hand in Dez going bye bye. Who does he think he's gonna throw the ball too? He doesn't have anything better than he did last year.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
A lot of Dak's struggles happened after Tyron Smith got hurt and Zeke's suspension. This offense is a ball control control the LOS and slowly march the ball down the field while dominating TOP. Not an offense built to toss the ball around and get large yards in a hurry. The problem the Cowboys have is that the Defense is unpredictable. The 2016 season we saw this same ball control offense win 13 games. Then they run into GB in the playoffs, turnovers by the offense which requires us to rely on a defense which lets face it wasn't going to stop anyone and sure enough they let us down. Until you fix the defensive line, linebackers and secondary it's not going to matter much what the offense can and cannot do.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
2018 will be good for zeke, but if your a dallas receiver you know it'll be tough sledding.

Praxit

Reaction score
..well, thats good. Nothing like good ole' enthusiasm.

Swagger

Reaction score
Unless we establish a truly elite defense it's highly, highly, highly unlikely that we can land a Superbowl as to win a Superbowl you need your QB to be able to accurately nail a few 40 yard passes to win close games when it really matters against QB's who can light it up should they need to in order to win a game. The fact that we just let Dez leave says it all about Dak Prescott's ability to throw the ball downfield. Yes, last season Dez dropped more catches than he normally does but firstly, he isn't Inspector Gadget, and secondly, he was in my opinion effectively our best cornerback last season! No joke. He prevented so many more interceptions.

I just don't see us winning a Superbowl anytime soon even though we have had the strongest team we have had for well over a decade over the past two seasons which makes it frustrating.

Swagger

Reaction score
A lot of Dak's struggles happened after Tyron Smith got hurt and Zeke's suspension. This offense is a ball control control the LOS and slowly march the ball down the field while dominating TOP. Not an offense built to toss the ball around and get large yards in a hurry. The problem the Cowboys have is that the Defense is unpredictable. The 2016 season we saw this same ball control offense win 13 games. Then they run into GB in the playoffs, turnovers by the offense which requires us to rely on a defense which lets face it wasn't going to stop anyone and sure enough they let us down. Until you fix the defensive line, linebackers and secondary it's not going to matter much what the offense can and cannot do.

All joking aside how many pro-bowlers does he need on the offensive line?

bsbellomy

Reaction score
I hate our fans these days. This team didn't trade draft picks to move up to get Dak. He was a compensatory 4th round pick that saved our 2016 season and broke rookie records, had a great start to 2017 but fell into a sophomore slump. Now apparently he can't throw straight and no one can wait to take a jab at him.

No it's just we realized that he's not that good when he's actually getting pressure from the defense, and doesn't have the best RB in the league to take the pressure off him.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Our team is worse as of right now than last year. Which was worse than the year before. First time since Parcells was here I’m expecting a losing season.

A full year with Elliott and none of the season long circus surrounding that situation alone should make the offense better. That is way more valuable than Dez. If Tyron Smith can stay healthy, that’s another plus. On defense, with some experience under the belt of all of the kids that unit could very well be on the upswing. And we haven’t even had the draft yet. For the team to be worse, any negative from losing Dez would have to not only offset all that, but go way beyond it.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak common now.....did Jerry tell you to say that????:eek:

Derekmtl85

Reaction score
lol at the people angry about him saying this.

Yeah, confidence sucks and doesn't belong on a team trying to win.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
C'mon guys consider the venue. What was he gonna say, it was a clinic apparently. Not sure what kind of clinic, probably not a football clinic, maybe a lift the spirits kind of thing. Was it better that he say "yeah, we're gonna suck" like many of you negative nellies

Mattitude

Reaction score
A full year with Elliott and none of the season long circus surrounding that situation alone should make the offense better. That is way more valuable than Dez. If Tyron Smith can stay healthy, that’s another plus. On defense, with some experience under the belt of all of the kids that unit could very well be on the upswing. And we haven’t even had the draft yet. For the team to be worse, any negative from losing Dez would have to not only offset all that, but go way beyond it.

“If” Tyron can stay healthy. Let’s go with that not being a positive

I don’t thing the secondary gaining a year offsets the loss of Hitchens and the aging of Lee another year and another “if” in Jaylon.

Way ytoo manny “ifs” this year

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
No it's just we realized that he's not that good when he's actually getting pressure from the defense, and doesn't have the best RB in the league to take the pressure off him.

OK, so if he doesn't pan out, we lose out on a 4th round compensatory pick? Who cares? It's not like how pot committed teams like the Rams are in Goff or all the teams trading up this year for qbs. At worst we got a surprise 12-4 season from Dak that gave us hope when things look dour post Romo.

And you don't bail on the Rookie OPOY after one half bad season where everything went wrong down the stretch, that's stupid. So what you do you want the team to do? Give up on Dak? No, because he's still our best option (yes, over any incoming rookie qb or Cooper Rush).

I can understand the shots people take at him if Dak was a first rounder with the attitude of a Manziel... but he's not. He's a great kid with a great story....so why keep bringing your qb down? If he regresses he regresses, we would have been in the same position regardless once Romo retired.