Dak & Wentz are not on same level

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Brees did less with more at the same point of his career as Dak, but you failed to see that even when pointed out. It's easy to judge him now because of his history, but it was far from clear at the same point in their careers as Dak. Brees wasn't a HOF caliber QB his first 3-4 years, he was let go because of his inconsistent play and significant injury. I never said we would have won a Superbowl with Brees, nor did I say the Chargers would have either, it's just you reading what you want to hear. There's no way to be sure since there's a lot more than one player to win a SuperBowl, coaching, scheme, other players, injuries, luck etc that go into it. You hate Dak, just come out and say it, you would rather this team lose and get rid of Dak than see us win with him.
Now, you’re just angry I’m not slobbering over Dak as you are.

What I hate is we don’t have an Elite prolific passing QB. I simply don’t get too attached to individual players unless they’ve won a championship or HOF talent. Everyone is fair game for criticism. If this talent level was any other position than our QB he wouldn’t be as protected and not as sensitive issue.

What I’d prefer to have is a QB with similar talent level as our RB and WR. Basically the same thing we had both times we won World Championships before.

Yes, if we continue surround Prescott with an Elite cast he can win some games and keep us in the hunt if we also have a top 10 defense . It’s still left to be seen if he can elevate his game on the bigger stages to contend against the more Elite teams, their prolific offenses and QB’s.

Last edited:

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
Hey you are a cowboys fan, you should know!

I'd be highly disappointed in you if you didnt watch atleast 14 cowboy games a season.
Lol you're talking about the games against Minny and NY, right?
Of course, that Giants game was crap.
Vikings game wasn't pretty but Dak wasn't terrible. Could have done a lot more, of course, but wasn't terrible.
But then he was uber efficient against Tampa and tore Detroit a new one.
Then threw three TDs against GB in the playoffs.
:huh::huh::huh::huh:

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
Lol you're talking about the games against Minny and NY, right?
Of course, that Giants game was crap.
Vikings game wasn't pretty but Dak wasn't terrible. Could have done a lot more, of course, but wasn't terrible.
But then he was uber efficient against Tampa and tore Detroit a new one.
Then threw three TDs against GB in the playoffs.
:huh::huh::huh::huh:

Cmon bro we are talking Detroit and Tampa. Get real. And the only reason his stats were decent against GB was because he had to pass heavy just to catch up.

Why didnt he do that in the beginning of the game?

Right!

glimmerman

Reaction score
time will tell. Up to now, its been Dak. Potential tends to be one of those words that gets teams drafting in the top 10 every year and coaches fired.
And so far Dak has made several clutch plays and drives. I have heard wentz chokes. I don’t pay attention to him so I can’t say for sure. But I know Dak has played well under pressure. The NFL is a pressure cooker..

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Now, you’re just angry I’m not slobbering over Dak as you are.

What I hate is we don’t have an Elite prolific passing QB. I simply don’t get too attached to individual players unless they’ve won a championship or HOF talent. Everyone is fair game for criticism. If this talent level was any other position than our QB he wouldn’t be as protected and not as sensitive issue.

What I’d prefer to have is a QB with similar talent level as our RB and WR. Basically the same thing we had both times we won World Championships before.

Yes, if we continue surround Prescott with an Elite cast he can win some games and keep us in the hunt if we also have a top 10 defense . It’s still left to be seen if he can elevate his game on the bigger stages to contend against the more Elite teams, their prolific offenses and QB’s.
You have a bizarre and disturbing obsession with the word slobbering.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
And so far Dak has made several clutch plays and drives. I have heard wentz chokes. I don’t pay attention to him so I can’t say for sure. But I know Dak has played well under pressure. The NFL is a pressure cooker..
His win or go home and/or postseason games have been pretty dang good.

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
Cmon bro we are talking Detroit and Tampa. Get real. And the only reason his stats were decent against GB was because he had to pass heavy just to catch up.

Why didnt he do that in the beginning of the game?

Right!
Your whole argument about Dak "getting exposed" as a rookie is based on two games.
I'll give you the Giants game, that's for sure.
The Vikings game? Eh, it was mediocre but not terrible.
And no disrespect, but saying he got "exposed" based solely on such a small sample isn't a very good argument.
If you want to talk about him getting exposed, why not being up the second half of 2017 instead? You'd have a good argument then.
Then I would also bring up the second half of 2018 to show that he rebounded.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Which one.

Dak's two postseason losses came in games where the Cowboys allowed at least 30 points.

The Cowboys have never won a postseason game in which the opponent scored at least 30 points, regardless who played QB for Dallas.