Dak will either make or break his true future with the Cowboys this Thursday

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Factual data.
I don't think so....

I almost wouldn't mind him missing a week or two for injury so this fan-base will be crying for him to come back to rescue us from Rush / White.

I am tired of this nonsense, I mean, this fanbase once called for benching Romo for Stephen freaking McGee, Jon Kitna, Brady Quinn, and whoever else was hanging around.

Dak is our QB through the 2020 season at minimum. Jerry is nothing if not committed to his players (and coaches), for better or worse.

catiii

Reaction score
I think one thing is fact: If this team wants to be in the right frame of mind AND have a chance of making and winning in the playoffs, it needs to run the table and control its own destiny. Lose the momentum late, and we know JG teams usually don't recover. So because of JG's lack of pre-season preparation and early winnable losses, we are NOW in the playoffs by circumstance and necessity whether it feels comfortable or not.

This team needs to WIN OUT and run the table or fughettabout it. And if it happens, THEN we'll know what kind of character the team and coach have really got. No more points and trophies for participation!!

I don't want to see anyone "ringing the bell" and quitting [BUD/S reference] by dropping games due to lack of effort and because someone told them they could lose a couple and still be in the playoffs if xx beats xx and xx loses to xx. No more of that rubbish and no more points left on the field by boneheaded coaching or player stuff ups..

And as far as Jerral Wayne he needs to just sit down and shut up.

TheDuke

How 'Bout Dem Cowboys
Reaction score
So the 12th game of his 3rd season is the end all be all? I guess if he plays poorly they'll have absolutely no choice but to cut him immediately. If he plays well they'll have no choice but to extend him immediately. I mean it is factual data after all.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
No even remotely true. One game won’t mean anything in the grand scheme, especially coming off a 3 game winning streak. Now, should he play well and get a win, it could go a long way to getting many people back on his bandwagon.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think one thing is fact: If this team wants to be in the right frame of mind AND have a chance of making and winning in the playoffs, it needs to run the table and control its own destiny. Lose the momentum late, and we know JG teams usually don't recover. So because of JG's lack of pre-season preparation and early winnable losses, we are NOW in the playoffs by circumstance and necessity whether it feels comfortable or not.

This team needs to WIN OUT and run the table or fughettabout it. And if it happens, THEN we'll know what kind of character the team and coach have really got. No more points and trophies for participation!!

I don't want to see anyone "ringing the bell" and quitting [BUD/S reference] by dropping games due to lack of effort and because someone told them they could lose a couple and still be in the playoffs if xx beats xx and xx loses to xx. No more of that rubbish and no more points left on the field by boneheaded coaching or player stuff ups..

And as far as Jerral Wayne he needs to just sit down and shut up.
Gig Em!! Great game last night! Saw every minute of it. I'm UT season ticket holder, but I support all Texas teams!

Mr_437

Reaction score
Nah, must be already made cause Stephen says he's getting extended.

KingRah

Reaction score
Factual data.
No one expects us to win, but Dak needs to show up win or lose. Look at the Giants patriots game in 07. They played them tough, but they lost. They caught fire in the playoffs. Everyones getting destroy by the New Orleans Paytons. Every other team is below them. That game will break or secure our season. I think we can win. They lean heavily on Thomas. I think if Byron bottles him up, the safeties can help with the role players and the running game. Another thing, I'd force 80% of Brees passes to go outside. Take away the middle and you take away his comfort. I said it before we beat him in 09. Also, he's not super elusive, so Gregory and D Law should complete those sacks they missed the last month.

TheHerd

Reaction score
One game? So is Philly dumping Wentz after his 19-33, 0 TD, 3 int performance against the Saints?

Even the Dak haters would have to say that would be one of his worst games. If Dak replicates that Wentz performance in a 41 point drubbing, this board will explode and probably break the internet

KingRah

Reaction score
One game? So is Philly dumping Wentz after his 19-33, 0 TD, 3 int performance against the Saints?

Even the Dak haters would have to say that would be one of his worst games. If Dak replicates that Wentz performance in a 41 point drubbing, this board will explode and probably break the internet
The thing wentz has going for him is, he had a mvp season before. Dak has never had a real pro bowl season.

KingRah

Reaction score
But he did win rookie of the year or I might have imagined it.
Lets be real. He got that because he plays qb. There is no way Dak was rookie of the year. Zeke had 1600 plus and he missed week 17. He led the league in rushing. Dak didn't wet the bed so they gave him credit. Anything a qb does is magnified. Wentz legitimately had a shot at mvp last year.

TheHerd

Reaction score
The thing wentz has going for him is, he had a mvp season before. Dak has never had a real pro bowl season.

Dak was pretty good in 2016. I know the stars aligned, but he put up some pretty nice numbers.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
Lets be real. He got that because he plays qb. There is no way Dak was rookie of the year. Zeke had 1600 plus and he missed week 17. He led the league in rushing. Dak didn't wet the bed so they gave him credit. Anything a qb does is magnified. Wentz legitimately had a shot at mvp last year.
And he might have won had he not gotten injured. We will never know.

pansophy

Reaction score
I don't think so....

I almost wouldn't mind him missing a week or two for injury so this fan-base will be crying for him to come back to rescue us from Rush / White.

I am tired of this nonsense, I mean, this fanbase once called for benching Romo for Stephen freaking McGee, Jon Kitna, Brady Quinn, and whoever else was hanging around.

Dak is our QB through the 2020 season at minimum. Jerry is nothing if not committed to his players (and coaches), for better or worse.
I have to agree. I have been hard on Dak and while I think he can get a lot of fan traction and praise for playing well (and winning) Thursday, I don't see a way that Dak hurts his extension possibilities with poor play. Dak has been inconsistent and so playing poorly 1 game or another is not new information.

I can understand the Jones wanting to avoid the decade long search for a franchise QB, and indeed there is a lot to like about Dak, so I think we will just end up riding this one out. I will say that I have seen some throws to the outside downfield that give me hope that he is improving...

KingRah

Reaction score
The only positive to having Dak would be a Huge discount if they extend him. Don't cripple your team with your qbs extension. remember the saints went from yearly contenders to missing the playoffs following Bree's first 20 plus million a year contract?

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Not sure how this is true since Jerry already wants to pay Dak and it's not Thursday yet.