Twitter: Dak will focus on accuracy next year

starcity214

Reaction score
Is that why he was there in the 4th round after 8 QB had been taken....Jerry you scouting animal you!!!!

Fix the Accuracy
Fix the Tunnel vision for downfield
Fix the Deer in the headlights look when pressured
Fix the i have no pocket awareness if my life depended on it
Fix the bad commercials (common Dak try harder there lol)
Fix Blaming your WR when its evident you couldn't hit the side of barn, and sooner or later having one of them getting KILLED with your the high pass you specialize in Dak.

Fix Fix Fix Fix Fix Fix dang Jerry you sure found a diamond in the rough there........

P.S. No need to fix the following.....Handing off to Zeke that he's got down to a tee....

Good post .

If Dak had a "generational type" of arm , I would understand it if the team waited on him to develop but the ceiling for Dak is pretty low. He is average at Best in all QB metrics and the only way average QBs stick around is if they are football geniuses or have perfect technique. Dak doesn't have either of those things.
It's like we are trying to turn a KIA into Maserrati...

starcity214

Reaction score
Ok... I try to be respectful on the Dallas board but this was pretty funny...

Watching the NFL network and they are interviewing Dak and Carr at the NFL Experience inside the Mall Of America in the passing accuracy section where they have 5 targets
Carr nails all 5 targets in 5 throws
Dak misses every single one

Felt bad for the guy...

I like people who call it like they see it.

The slobberers -

"The targets Dak was trying to hit get no separation"

"We need faster targets"

"Dak is accurate! His targets are overrated"

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
The fact that Dak had so much to do with Moore's introduction to the coaching ranks says a lot about why that change came about. Dak will be the biggest benefactor of that hire, so it's probably a good thing for him and his development that he was granted his wish. He's obviously more confident working with Kellen than he had been with Wilson.

I won't claim to have been a big fan of Wade Wilson before Kellen was handed that position. Maybe Moore won't have too tough of an act to follow. We'll see. The coming season should provide a clearer indication as to how deserving Kellen was to have been awarded that position. In any event, Dak got what he wanted. Let's hope it serves him well.

Last edited:

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
No, but they can be confusing sometimes. Those numbers have almost nothing to do with blitzes. They're games with a high amount of pressures vs. games with a low to above average amount of pressures. The overwhelming majority of successful pressures came when teams were rushing four, and most of those were in games when we were missing Smith or Martin. Daks' actually been very good against the blitz so far.

Prescott's passer rating vs. blitz
2016 111.7
2017 109.9

I'm still concerned that the drops during pressure situations stayed about the same but the drops in non pressure situations more than doubled. I want to know how many of those passes that he threw behind or high that guys that got a hand on but didn't catch were counted as drops.

lukin2006

Reaction score
Is he following Jason Garret’s process, fix one part of your game a year...so we’ll have a good qb in 8 years...sheesh...this team is sad...how could anyone like what we saw from Prescott...at least bring a veteran in to push Dak.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Dak is not very accurate but he has a lot of poise. Can those two things meet in the middle somewhere and produce a SB victory with the right pieces around him? All the other talk about Dak is just a waste of time.
Dak would have a better opportunity to succeed with more surrounding support if we had a better front office and coaching staff. I’m not sure he’s on the right team to expect that?

We appear to be a dysfunctional team that relies on its elite talent to carry it. If Dak isn’t any more elite than Romo which I thought he might be initially I’m not sure why we’d expect greater results under Garrett, Jerry and son?

weaver21

Reaction score
I still can't believe anyone talks about giving up on Dak. Idea of it is ludacris.

I agree it's stupid to be giving up on him so early, but there are definitely concerns in terms of his play that we saw this season. He's a great guy and has a good character and seems like a hard worker, but I think it's fair to say we need to see some major strides forward from Dak in 2018. If he has a similar year to what he had in 2017 or he even regresses again, you have to start to thinking of a replacement. Having said all that, we all know of our coaching issues and none of that has helped Dak either so I'm not even sure Dak could succeed here under Garrett. 2018 is a big season for Dak and we need to see him take steps forward into becoming a franchise quarterback.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Your biased is so deep you're blind.
Lol im biased?

When has Romo went 6 games in a season without throwing a TD?

When has Romo had a 3-game losing streak as the starter?

When has Romo thrown 4 pick sixes in a season?

When has Romo struggled to put up points against a teams 3rd string defense?

I can go on and on pal

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Lol im biased?

When has Romo went 6 games in a season without throwing a TD?

When has Romo had a 3-game losing streak as the starter?

When has Romo thrown 4 pick sixes in a season?

When has Romo struggled to put up points against a teams 3rd string defense?

I can go on and on pal
The irony in your cherry picking is entertaining.

HungryLion

Reaction score
He needs to fix his footwork.

All of his problems stem from that.

The inconsistent accuracy and issues of dealing with heavy pressure.

If he can fix his footwork he is going to be fine. If he can’t, then the cowboys will need to look for the next QB.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
He needs to fix his footwork.

All of his problems stem from that.

The inconsistent accuracy and issues of dealing with heavy pressure.

If he can fix his footwork he is going to be fine. If he can’t, then the cowboys will need to look for the next QB.
Him not seeing the field is because of his footwork?

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Starts with the footwork. He really needs to move around the pocket better as well. He needs to climb the pocket and sidestep the pass rush and fire instead of hanging in the pocket and then spinning out of the pocket anytime the rush comes close.

YR

HungryLion

Reaction score
Him not seeing the field is because of his footwork?

Him not seeing the field is because of his age and level of development.

He sees the field fairly well for a second year QB IMO.

Can’t expext him to see the field as well as a guy who has been in the league for many years.