Dak will never be cheaper to sign than today

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Dodge makes a nice truck. Lol.
And new ones are now 45K which isn't cheap.
My 08 was 25K off the lot.
Cost has risen crazily... ya know like QB costs, lol.

Still driving my paid off 08 and looking wistfully at the 2020 Rebel editions.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
I'd like to have seen the Cowboys arrive at an agreement with Dak, but an agreement requires 2 sides, and Dak was not satisfied with a fair offer, he wanted too much. He seems to think he's the top dog in the NFL. I think the Cowboys did the right thing.
What happens if Dak wins a SB this year or takes us to Championship game. Then how much will it cost? Peace.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
What happens if Dak wins a SB this year or takes us to Championship game. Then how much will it cost? Peace.
Great question. Probably over 40 million.

Even if he doesn’t it’s likely to be upward of 40 million. The franchise tag next year is over 37 million.

Most analysts I’ve read believe 37 million over 4 years would have sealed the deal this year as it was reported Dallas offered upward towards 35 million for 5 years.

So basically the Cowboys have risked losing Dak over 2 million a year and 1 year less .

1972COWBOY

Reaction score
DAK
tenor.gif

Buzzbait

Reaction score

Obviously the cost will go up. How much? I don't know, but the effect this Covid thing has on the salary cap could very well play a part as well.
The salary cap is determined by revenues, and revenue could possibly take a big hit this year. That creates a big question mark.

Last edited: