Dak will never be cheaper to sign than today

glimmerman

Reaction score
We certainly don’t need the distraction with Mikey coming in.
MM has bigger fish to fry. He don’t care if Dak signs a contract or not. If he shows up he should be the starter. Now I don’t know if we didn’t offer anymore money after MM was hired because he don’t want him but that would be a liar because he said he liked him and could win a SB with him. But he hasn’t talked to him. So it’s kind of weird.

aikemirv

Reaction score
I mean if he loses money he loses money. People who bet on themselves usually do it knowing they can potentially lose money. I'm sure from Dak's perspective he wasn't a millionaire prior to getting into the NFL so everything at this point is bonus.

Dak has the luxury of betting on himself because he has endorsement contracts of 50 million.

He has these because he is a Dallas Cowboy but he or his agent don't seem to see the big picture here.

Their loss!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Dak has the luxury of betting on himself because he has endorsement contracts of 50 million.

He has these because he is a Dallas Cowboy but he or his agent don't seem to see the big picture here.

Their loss!
Does Baker Mayfield have all those endorsements because he plays for Cleveland?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Sure - if it means we have no long term commitment to him!

No a believer so a win for me - maybe this is his last year here.
Understood but this is directed more at those who are sold on Dak and wanted to extend him. Thanks for your response!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Ok..

No I do not think they are convinced Dak is a complete answer.

Therefore hold the line on the contract so money is available to sign more and better players to add to Dak.

Hopefully clear enough.

My references to signing Amari to clarify DAKs abilities needing more help is to clarify what I think Dallas is thinking, not me.

Money is what you are asking about. Money equals production.

DAK's production by Cowboy standards is not there yet. I do think they have positioned themselves to go forward with Dak or Dalton or another as yet unknown.

If I had a do over..I would have signed Brady.

For what Mahomes just got, what Dak is being offered..

Brady was the answer for the next 2-3 years.
Understood.

So, you agree waiting another year to sign Dak even if it cost us millions more?

glimmerman

Reaction score
Unless his team does something this year he will lose those endorsements. Or won’t get anymore. He came in hot to the league and was able to capitalize on it. Wasn’t he the overall 1st round pick.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I’ve been dialed in since yesterday. No news here locally.
Getting a bad feeling. Bro, something happened. I really think Daks agent pulling the plug on the deal last year had ticked him off. He is a billionaire so a couple of million don’t bother him just to make a point. What he isn’t thinking about is the salary cap. It don’t hurt his wallet, hurts the team in the future.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Unless his team does something this year he will lose those endorsements. Or won’t get anymore. He came in hot to the league and was able to capitalize on it. Wasn’t he the overall 1st round pick.
He was. But the Browns have NEVER done anything lol. They didn't do anything last year. Von Miller had a bunch of endorsements as well.....

glimmerman

Reaction score
He was. But the Browns have NEVER done anything lol. They didn't do anything last year. Von Miller had a bunch of endorsements as well.....
We are talking about Von freaking Miller. Lol. And he got more after he went to the Broncos didn’t he.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The Chiefs are really a bad example.

1. Mahommes signed a very team-friendly deal. Dak isn't wiling to do that.

2. Mahommes has won a Super Bowl mosly because of the caliber QB he is. Dak has not.

3. The Cowboys have made what many agree is a fair offer. It takes two to tango.
I’m not disputing it was a fair offer which I’d tend to agree with. I’m not really taking sides here on that issue.

I’m playing devils advocate in whether if you are All In on Dak is he going to cost us more after today or not.

And if you are sold on Dak why not pucker up now instead of waiting which will ultimately cost you more. Unless you’re just postering for public perception regardless if it cost you millions more next year or beyond.

Last edited:

aikemirv

Reaction score
You talking about the Heisman Trophy winning #1 overall pick in the draft Baker Mayfield - yeah - that's a solid comp!

glimmerman

Reaction score
We trade Dak for mayfield and a second round pick. They can over pay him next year.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Actually, if Dak can't get us to the playoffs this year, he'll be a lot cheaper.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
Plus the Cowboys seem to simply be against the idea of a 4-year deal. Are they gonna offer a 5-year deal again next year? Is Dak gonna want a 3-year deal next year? If the deal doesn't get done now, it seems unlikely it will get done at all.