Dak will never be cheaper to sign than today

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Since when did winning the Heiman give you endorsements?
I won a “Heiman “ trophy one year.Lol
th

aikemirv

Reaction score
Since when did winning the Heiman give you endorsements?
Seriously dude - just give up on that point! Your contention is that winning the Heismann does not set you up for endorsements if you are graduating - you want to die on that hill?

Buzzbait

Reaction score
The bigger issue is do the Cowboys think he’s hot stuff. And do they think he won’t be as hot next year?

Well it's after 3 pm and no deal, so apparently the Cowboys don't think he's hot stuff, or at least not hot enough to justify Dak's greedy demands.

cern

Reaction score
I’m not sure he needs anything more than he’s had in previous 4 years. You’re either sold on him or not.

Regardless the price isn’t going down barring very unusual circumstances. Standing firm now will ultimately just cost more later.

Our ownership is getting ripped for not resigning him arguing it will cost us millions more moving forward.
I think the fo handled it very professionally.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Well it's after 3 pm and no deal, so apparently the Cowboys don't think he's hot stuff, or at least not hot enough to justify Dak's greedy demands.
I’ll be curious how far apart we actually were. Reports out of Dallas is Cowboys mismanaged negotiations not striking a deal. And it will be costly if they intend to sign him next year .

starcity214

Reaction score
Simple because QB's are the hardest position in sports to find, and when you find one you retain them

If they were willing to let him go, they would have tagged him with a non exclusive tag and saved money.

I have zero indications that they are willing to let him go. I cant keep you from thinking otherwise. I just dont see any reality in that.

Again we are talking about the Cowboys view of Prescott. Not yours

Look at Alex Smith's career.

Journey man good enough enough to be a starter but not good enough to get you over the hump.

You people act like we're losing Mahomes or a prime Aaron Rodgers..

Dak, what he was for us, can be replaced by a cheaper option.

What did Dak do for us that a guy like Cam or Dalton can't?

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
We missed our opportunity to sign him last year choosing to wait and see how he performed in 2019. Now if we wait until 2021 he’s going to be much more expensive .

At least about 7 million more just on the Franchise Tag but an extended contract next year will surpass anything we could arrive at today.

Assuming we still want Dak for years to come if we don’t sign him today it’s going to be a poor financial decision compared to next year or years ahead.

The only conclusion we can arrive at today if we don’t extend him is we aren’t sold on Dak and that message will be loud and clear.

If he doesn't get to at least the NFC championship game this year he won't be anymore money either, even a 2nd tag at 37-38m for a season is a 2 year average of 34m. He will cost more if he gets the team somewhere it hasn't been before if he doesn't he may actually wind up costing less

cern

Reaction score
I’ll be curious how far apart we actually were. Reports out of Dallas is Cowboys mismanaged negotiations not striking a deal. And it will be costly if they intend to sign him next year .
The world is full of examples of the unknowing criticizing the knowing. Now all those unknowing who said the cowboys would cave are having to accept they were wrong. Todd france got impaled.