Dak will not win a championship in today's NFL

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
It's obvious with the four best defenses(Bal, Dal, Chi, LAC) being put out of the playoffs that defense will no longer win championships with today's offenses.

That brings me to our QB. Dak is not a pure passer, we will need to pass to win in this league from now on. Our style of ball just wont cut it and anyone who believes it would are fooling themselves.

High scoring offenses are becoming a trend and it will only spread throughout the league as the years go. Dallas will certainly have to "join'em" to bring competitive football to this fanbase.

Now I know most of you will tell me that Dak needs a fair chance with better coaching but I disagree. Dak simply is not built for this new trend that will soon take over this league in the next few years.

Not only is Dak not talented enough but he has hit his ceiling and is not a player that can even develope the skills needed to succeed in this jungle. He just doesnt have it.

The rams, saints, and cheifs will be there every year to intercept teams like Dallas and so will the newcomers that are starting to look for the mcveys, Payton's, and Reids.

Dak was given a chance to prove he could carry this team and he failed yesterday. He failed to run when opportunities where there, he failed to be accurate, he failed to extend drives, giving the ball back, which contributed to the rams continuing their scoring party on the defense.

When you get hit in the mouth you have to hit back everytime. Slip ups by the captain righting the ship are unacceptable.

Dak is not a captain. He is a players that cant keep up with the herd.

If you are not skillful enough to run with the herd then out the door you shall go.

As a fanbase who have put up with loads of BS through out the years, we dont deserve just competitive football. We deserve "competitive championship" football.

Dak as a handicap will never give our fanbase that.

jwitten82

Reaction score
It's obvious with the four best defenses(Bal, Dal, Chi, LAC) being put out of the playoffs that defense will no longer win championships with today's offenses.

That brings me to our QB. Dak is not a pure passer, we will need to pass to win in this league from now on. Our style of ball just wont cut it and anyone who believes it would are fooling themselves.

High scoring offenses are becoming a trend and it will only spread throughout the league as the years go. Dallas will certainly have to "join'em" to bring competitive football to this fanbase.

Now I know most of you will tell me that Dak needs a fair chance with better coaching but I disagree. Dak is simply is not built for this new trend that will soon take over this league in the next few years.

Not only is Dak not talented enough but he has hit his ceiling and is not a player that can even develope the skills needed to succeed in this jungle. He just doesnt have it.

The rams, saints, and cheifs will be there every year to intercept teams like Dallas and so will the newcomers that are starting to look for the mcveys, Payton's, and Reids.

Dak was given a chance to prove he could carry this team and he failed yesterday. He failed to run when opportunities where there, he failed to be accurate, he failed to extend drives, giving the ball back, which contributed to the rams continuing their scoring party on the defense.

When you get hit in the mouth you have to hit back everytime. Slip ups by the captain righting the ship are unacceptable.

If you are not skillful enough to run with the herd then out the door you shall go.

As a fanbase who have put up with loads of BS through out the years, we dont deserve just competitive football. We deserve "competitive championship" football.

Unless everything is perfect then your right. We need to draft a qb

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Now I know most of you will tell me that Dak needs a fair chance with better coaching but I disagree. Dak is simply is not built for this new trend that will soon take over this league in the next few years.

Today is gone, I'm worried about tomorrow! Get another agenda, he's here to stay. Like it or not, get on board or become a pain in the butt poster.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I don’t disagree with what you’re saying but look how we just got beat.

We just need to figure out how to be deceptive with our offense.

The Rams give you a few formations but they bait you into things with their tendencies.

Motion, misdirection, playaction, and hurry up.. It’s missing from our offense.

rags747

Reaction score

Now I know most of you will tell me that Dak needs a fair chance with better coaching but I disagree. Dak simply is not built for this new trend that will soon take over this league in the next few years.

Agreed. The only way a Dak could win a SB today is with a defense comparable to the 85 Bears...Ain’t happening folks.

Dodger12

Reaction score
Today is gone, I'm worried about tomorrow! Get another agenda, he's here to stay. Like it or not, get on board or become a pain in the butt poster.

I don't care if he's here to stay, no more than I cared that Garret was here to stay when I saw the obvious. Folks are going to speak their mind about the obvious in this case as well. A lot of folks saw things in Garrett that just didn't translate into being a good NFL HC and folks said to give him time, he's building something. I see the same thing with Dak. He's just lacking the things that are necessities to being a good NFL QB. Yes he's got some leadership skills....yes, he can run. But I like my QB to be able to pass. I'm funny like that.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't care if he's here to stay, no more than I cared that Garret was here to stay when I saw the obvious. Folks are going to speak their mind about the obvious in this case as well. A lot of folks saw things in Garrett that just didn't translate into being a good NFL HC and folks said to give him time, he's building something. I see the same thing with Dak. He's just lacking the things that are necessities to being a good NFL QB. Yes he's got some leadership skills....yes, he can run. But I like my QB to be able to pass. I'm funny like that.
Ok, I'm sorry....

gjkoeppen

Reaction score

I didn't even have to read your entire whine to be able to point out it has flaws, big ones. One of the teams that is going to the NFC championship game, the Rams have a RB, Gurley, who if not injured and didn't play the last 2 games of the season could have ended up as the league's leading rusher. That being said, the rams ran the ball the exact same percentage as the Cowboys so the Cowboys style still works and can still win. As for yesterday ONLY Prescott haters are TRYING to blame him for the loss. Most of the rest of the sporting world has already put the blame on the defense that allowed 273 rushing yards, forced zero 3 and out, forced only a single punt, had zero sacks and only had 3 tackles for a loss. While your at it, please enlighten all of us with your NFL QB coaching experience. Your hatred has blinded you to the truth and you're the one who will have to suffer with that.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
You can win a championship with Dak, it will just be pretty hard. You will likely have to find a way to win four straight games in the playoffs with the lesser of the two QBs on the field. In your typical 12 field playoff, Dak would likely be 11th or 12th depending on if their was a Trubisky type in that year.
Of course, no team seems quite capable of winning this division two times in a row, and a couple of bad breaks and suddenly the team hasn’t been in the playoffs for 3-4 years. Next thing you know Dak is out the door and the shiny replacement is in. Everyone thinks thought the Cowboys of a decade ago would be perennial contenders after making the playoffs in 2006, 2007 and 2009... but it dried up quickly.

aikemirv

Reaction score
The stage was set for Dak to take over that game. Open receivers were everywhere and he did not make the passes to keep the team in the game. I don’t care what you do with scheme and OC, if your QB can’t consistently hit the wide open receivers it does not matter.

The defense stunk but we should have never been out of that game. Never should have only had 7 in the first half. This is the occasion where I said on Saturday where at some point Dak is going to have to put some points on the board on the first half and he did not get the job done.