Dak will not win a championship in today's NFL

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
The offense scored a pretty high number of points per drive against the Rams. They actually did well with the number of opportunities given to them.

The problem is, the defense played so god awful horrible that they didn’t have many opportunities.

The offense would have had to be perfect to beat the Rams, given how bad the defense was. And no, Dak wasn’t perfect.

Either way, and ignore the point I made if you wish. But getting ZERO turnovers in the playoffs isn’t going to win championships either, no matter who your QB is probably.
The offense had eight drives. The Rams nine.
You might want to rethink the disparity in number of opportunities argument.

Points per drive for the entire season is irrelevant. Lumping every drive of the season together ignores the situational aspect of a single game and the individual drives of that game. Not all drives are equal and the expectations and goals of each drive vary given the specific circumstances at the time.

Getting turnovers is obviously a good thing. Not giving the ball away is even more important though. If the offense doesn't turn the ball over, blaming the defense for not taking the ball away is hollow and weak.

Dak missed some very critical throws to very open receivers that ended drives. Not deep high percentage throws. Short to mid range throws that you expect your QB to complete. That is a fact. Hitting those throws continues drives and probably leads to points. That keeps the defense off the field and changes the complexion of the game.

The defense sucked but somehow managed to keep us in the game. The offense could not give them the help they needed and Dak missing drive killing, high percentage passes on a few occasions was a big part of that.

Dak and the offense were just as much responsible as the defense.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Th
Short to mid range throws that you expect your QB to complete. That is a fact. Hitting those throws continues drives and probably leads to points.
Bingo! This is also why Dallas has such a hard time scoring TDs in the redzone. Daks is not accurate enough for the coaches to trust him to throw strikes into traffic in the endzone. Even he doesnt trust himself as evidence of him holding the ball too long. Too many fade routes end in FGs. I cant remember any time I have seen Dak fire a quick slant for a TD inside the 10 yard line into the endzone.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Th

Bingo! This is also why Dallas has such a hard time scoring TDs in the redzone. Daks is not accurate enough for the coaches to trust him to throw strikes into traffic in the endzone. Even he doesnt trust himself as evidence of him holding the ball too long. Too many fade routes end in FGs. I cant remember any time I have seen Dak fire a quick slant for a TD inside the 10 yard line into the endzone.
:hammer::hammer::hammer: Quick slant. Hardly ever see one

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
It's obvious with the four best defenses(Bal, Dal, Chi, LAC) being put out of the playoffs that defense will no longer win championships with today's offenses.

That brings me to our QB. Dak is not a pure passer, we will need to pass to win in this league from now on. Our style of ball just wont cut it and anyone who believes it would are fooling themselves.

High scoring offenses are becoming a trend and it will only spread throughout the league as the years go. Dallas will certainly have to "join'em" to bring competitive football to this fanbase.

Now I know most of you will tell me that Dak needs a fair chance with better coaching but I disagree. Dak simply is not built for this new trend that will soon take over this league in the next few years.

Not only is Dak not talented enough but he has hit his ceiling and is not a player that can even develope the skills needed to succeed in this jungle. He just doesnt have it.

The rams, saints, and cheifs will be there every year to intercept teams like Dallas and so will the newcomers that are starting to look for the mcveys, Payton's, and Reids.

Dak was given a chance to prove he could carry this team and he failed yesterday. He failed to run when opportunities where there, he failed to be accurate, he failed to extend drives, giving the ball back, which contributed to the rams continuing their scoring party on the defense.

When you get hit in the mouth you have to hit back everytime. Slip ups by the captain righting the ship are unacceptable.

Dak is not a captain. He is a players that cant keep up with the herd.

If you are not skillful enough to run with the herd then out the door you shall go.

As a fanbase who have put up with loads of BS through out the years, we dont deserve just competitive football. We deserve "competitive championship" football.

Dak as a handicap will never give our fanbase that.
Gotta hand it to ya...the thread has juice.

Philmonroe

Reaction score

Points per drive for the entire season is irrelevant. Lumping every drive of the season together ignores the situational aspect of a single game and the individual drives of that game. Not all drives are equal and the expectations and goals of each drive vary given the specific circumstances at the time.

Getting turnovers is obviously a good thing. Not giving the ball away is even more important though. If the offense doesn't turn the ball over, blaming the defense for not taking the ball away is hollow and weak.

Dak missed some very critical throws to very open receivers that ended drives. Not deep high percentage throws. Short to mid range throws that you expect your QB to complete. That is a fact. Hitting those throws continues drives and probably leads to points. That keeps the defense off the field and changes the complexion of the game.

The defense sucked but somehow managed to keep us in the game. The offense could not give them the help they needed and Dak missing drive killing, high percentage passes on a few occasions was a big part of that.

I think that post you quoted is the downside of google and stats. People think they can stats you to death with no context at all and in this case my man didn't even check his stats to see that the Boys only had 1 count it 1 less possession than the Rams. If he missing stuff like that that you'd think he'd check before making that declaration what else could he possibly be missing?

Supercowboy1986

Reaction score
I agree context is essential and it is often overlooked due to the obsession with people on this forum about being “right” about things they have no control over.

That said, the ending score was 22-30, which was a one possession game. I don’t know if DP would of scored if he had that extra possession but it’s worth noting.

I think that post you quoted is the downside of google and stats. People think they can stats you to death with no context at all and in this case my man didn't even check his stats to see that the Boys only had 1 count it 1 less possession than the Rams. If he missing stuff like that that you'd think he'd check before making that declaration what else could he possibly be missing?

Philmonroe

Reaction score
I agree context is essential and it is often overlooked due to the obsession with people on this forum about being “right” about things they have no control over.

That said, the ending score was 22-30, which was a one possession game. I don’t know if DP would of scored if he had that extra possession but it’s worth noting.
I can give you they had one less possession but how the guys post comes off the Cowboys had it significantly less times than the Rams. I don't know if he would've scored so I can't speak on that just people like using numbers with no context and that's because they parrot what some talking head said and don't actually know the stuff themselves. If you have a deep knowledge of a certain subject you can use numbers and put them in context but the avg fan just tries to use numbers like nobody see games or anything but the numbers. I think that's where a lot of this Dak civil war comes from.

Sevenup3000

Reaction score
Dallas has never been that team to consistantly get turnovers and they faired just well the regular season. Why all of a sudden you stress it now just to make an excuse for Dak?

You know I'm sure at points during the season this defense prayed that Dak would cut them some damn slack atleast once so they dont feel there effort was for not.

And I'm not talking turnovers, I'm talking the regular 3 and out deals to give Dak and the offense the ball back, only to have him go 3 and out, overthrow wide open WR's, take stupid sacks etc.

You fail and ignore the fact that the defense needed dak for once and he failed.

There you go again...let's try this again.

Who exactly was the Dallas QB in the home game vs the Eagles? What about the away game vs Giants?

Sevenup3000

Reaction score
They dont take into account how often we thow deep.

Player A attempts 10 long balls and hits on 7....all for TDs
Player B attempts 4 long balls and hits on 3...also for TDs

Player B has a higher completion percentage but his team scores less than half the number of TDs via long balls

This, in turn makes it harder fir Team B’s run game as well

Instead of talking in hypos...lets look at some actual stats:

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/player-stat/gross-yards-per-passing-attempt

Dak Prescott finished tied for 17th with Aaron Rodgers for yards per attempt. Dead in the middle of the NFL.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
There you go again...let's try this again.

Who exactly was the Dallas QB in the home game vs the Eagles? What about the away game vs Giants?

The past doesn't get you past the 2nd round of the playoffs buddy.

Who was the QB in the Rams game? Bet you forgot!

Willfreedom909

Reaction score
Lol at people who think Dak is anything but average. Dude averages 23 td passes a season. Yall probably thought Vick was elite too
Vick was far better than tony. Even tony will tell you that.

Dak has elite potential but he’s held back by this coaching staff

Sevenup3000

Reaction score
The past doesn't get you past the 2nd round of the playoffs buddy.

Who was the QB in the Rams game? Bet you forgot!

I am going to assume given your non-answer that it was Dak...
Now praytell, how many points in the 4th quarter did the defense give up in those games...and how many rushing yards did Dallas have in the 4th quarter...
Should be a fairly easy to answer question...You know, since Dak NEVER helped out the defense/won a game...must have been Cooper Rush...or maybe Tony Romo...

And for fun, I will answer your question: The QB that had a 100 QB Rating...and two scores...

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Th

:hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer:

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
I am going to assume given your non-answer that it was Dak...
Now praytell, how many points in the 4th quarter did the defense give up in those games...and how many rushing yards did Dallas have in the 4th quarter...
Should be a fairly easy to answer question...You know, since Dak NEVER helped out the defense/won a game...must have been Cooper Rush...or maybe Tony Romo...

And for fun, I will answer your question: The QB that had a 100 QB Rating...and two scores...

How many points did dak put on the board with his arm? That's right, not enough, because he isnt built to be an NFL QB in situations where he has to outgun anyone or carry a team on his back when Zeke or the defense struggles.

What a disappointment.

Ken

Reaction score

Yes, he "missed" because a ball went through Cooper's hands, another bounced off of Zeke's shoulder, another was dropped by Gathers. 2 others were thrown at the marker and poorly spotted.

Missed.....lol

Ken

Reaction score
How many points did dak put on the board with his arm? That's right, not enough, because he isnt built to be an NFL QB in situations where he has to outgun anyone or carry a team on his back when Zeke or the defense struggles.

What a disappointment.
First of all, I can't believe your dumb thread is still going.

2nd of all, he came within inches of a 2nd td to Gallup. But ya, keep bashing the guy who actually played well in the game.

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
Get legit coaching in Dallas. A few more players in key spots. Dallas will win.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Yes, he "missed" because a ball went through Cooper's hands, another bounced off of Zeke's shoulder, another was dropped by Gathers. 2 others were thrown at the marker and poorly spotted.

Missed.....lol
Here we go again with this agenda rationalizing... lol.

All season the "he got two hands on it he should of caught it" argument had been required to defend Dak. While there is some validity to that argument it ignores the details that matter a great deal and actually points out Dak's accuracy troubles. Putting the ball close enough to be caught is something an average QB can regularly do.

The throw Cooper "dropped" was high and behind. Had he caught the defender would have been able to close and tackle for minimal gain. Had the pass been accurate Cooper is able to catch it in stride for a much larger gain.

Same with the pass to Gathers. Behind, forcing the inexperienced Gathers to have to reach back right at shoulder pad and make a difficult catch.

How come you left out the bad miss to Gallup on the drive after the Cooper miss?

How about the opening drive of the second half when he threw a ball into the dirt in front of a wide open Zeke in the flat?

These things are not anomalies. This has been a consistent pattern all season. These were not difficult, low percentage passes. They were routine plays with plenty of time to execute them.

These are the plays that make the difference.

It's also been pointed out that Dak or the coaches almost never call for the quick hitters in traffic in the redzone. It is easy to see why we have so little redzone success with that aspect of the attack missing. We are easy to defend in the redzone because of it.

I don't understand how and objective football fan can't see and understand this.

Ken

Reaction score
Here we go again with this agenda rationalizing... lol.

All season the "he got two hands on it he should of caught it" argument had been required to defend Dak. While there is some validity to that argument it ignores the details that matter a great deal and actually points out Dak's accuracy troubles. Putting the ball close enough to be caught is something an average QB can regularly do.

The throw Cooper "dropped" was high and behind. Had he caught the defender would have been able to close and tackle for minimal gain. Had the pass been accurate Cooper is able to catch it in stride for a much larger gain.

Same with the pass to Gathers. Behind, forcing the inexperienced Gathers to have to reach back right at shoulder pad and make a difficult catch.

How come you left out the bad miss to Gallup on the drive after the Cooper miss?

How about the opening drive of the second half when he threw a ball into the dirt in front of a wide open Zeke in the flat?

These things are not anomalies. This has been a consistent pattern all season. These were not difficult, low percentage passes. They were routine plays with plenty of time to execute them.

These are the plays that make the difference.

It's also been pointed out that Dak or the coaches almost never call for the quick hitters in traffic in the redzone. It is easy to see why we have so little redzone success with that aspect of the attack missing. We are easy to defend in the redzone because of it.

I don't understand how and objective football fan can't see and understand this.
As I have stated before...Jeffries has the same ball go through his hands and everyone rightly blames Alshon. Same ball, same result(minus the game crushing int)....Dak's fault. It is a fact, they should catch these balls.

I am not exactly sure which Gallup play you are referring to but I was focused on the 3rd down plays as it was in response to your following statement:

"Dak missed some very critical throws to very open receivers that ended drives. Not deep high percentage throws. Short to mid range throws that you expect your QB to complete. That is a fact. Hitting those throws continues drives and probably leads to points. That keeps the defense off the field and changes the complexion of the game."

Now, it looks to me you are referring to the 2nd and 7 play that Gallup clearly, VERY clearly, ran the wrong route. Gallup continued his route inside right into the defender instead of where Dak through it expecting him to settle and catch the ball for a first. Rookie mistake he has made all season.

And yes, Dak did make a bad 2nd down throw to Zeke in the flat. Hardly cost us the game. The next play Zeke had the ball bounce off his shoulder pad when he slipped and likely gets the first down if he catches it.