Dak will not win a championship in today's NFL

glimmerman

Reaction score
3 years and made the playoffs 2 of them. Missed the one year by a game. This is a team sport. If our Defense played the way they played all year then it would be us playing the saints this weekend. Could our Offense put up more points? Yes. But this Defensive performance was the worst I saw. I know the rams have a good team but we played lost. Kind of brings it back to coaching.

Redline360

Reaction score
Dak has the potential to be an elite quarterback? Who the **** honestly thinks that. Dak has the potential to be an above average quarterback(not elite) if he improves in several areas.

Sloppy footwork
Horrible Pocket awareness
Can not read defenses fast enough
Accuracy issues
Does not step up into the pocket enough
Holds the ball to long
Does not anticipate routes

His scouting report was dead on and sadly after his first three years those issues still remain with little to no fixes. "Natural" talent is also a key factor when people bring up the discussion of comparing quarterbacks.

Also....coaching plays a huge roll in a young quarterbacks career but sadly the coaching staff we have do not play to his strengths

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
As I have stated before...Jeffries has the same ball go through his hands and everyone rightly blames Alshon. Same ball, same result(minus the game crushing int)....Dak's fault. It is a fact, they should catch these balls.

I am not exactly sure which Gallup play you are referring to but I was focused on the 3rd down plays as it was in response to your following statement:

"Dak missed some very critical throws to very open receivers that ended drives. Not deep high percentage throws. Short to mid range throws that you expect your QB to complete. That is a fact. Hitting those throws continues drives and probably leads to points. That keeps the defense off the field and changes the complexion of the game."

Now, it looks to me you are referring to the 2nd and 7 play that Gallup clearly, VERY clearly, ran the wrong route. Gallup continued his route inside right into the defender instead of where Dak through it expecting him to settle and catch the ball for a first. Rookie mistake he has made all season.

And yes, Dak did make a bad 2nd down throw to Zeke in the flat. Hardly cost us the game. The next play Zeke had the ball bounce off his shoulder pad when he slipped and likely gets the first down if he catches it.

This is pointless bank and forth as I am certain I'm not going to change your mind and I am very confident in my perception of the reality.

I will say that I don't understand the minimization of the impact of a play simply because it wasn't third down. You have to take advantage of the opportunties as they present themselves and failure to do so is just that, failure.

Jefferies and the Eagles have absolutely nothing to do with Dak and the Cowboy's. Completely irrelevant point.

You have no idea who was responsible for the Gallup miss. From my angle, expecting Gallup to stop in that situation is foolhardy. It would have allowed the defender to close and he had wide open field in front of him. My money is on Gallup read the play correctly and Dak did what he has consistently done all season. Missed the moving receiver behind him.

Obviously my point wasn't that one play cost us the game. However, in that situation starting the second half with the ball, knowing the offense was going to need to put some points up, that drive and subsequently that play was huge.

For all we hear about Dak's clutch "gene" he needed to be clutch before the last drive of the game and he wasn't able to do it.

aikemirv

Reaction score
As I have stated before...Jeffries has the same ball go through his hands and everyone rightly blames Alshon. Same ball, same result(minus the game crushing int)....Dak's fault. It is a fact, they should catch these balls.

I am not exactly sure which Gallup play you are referring to but I was focused on the 3rd down plays as it was in response to your following statement:

"Dak missed some very critical throws to very open receivers that ended drives. Not deep high percentage throws. Short to mid range throws that you expect your QB to complete. That is a fact. Hitting those throws continues drives and probably leads to points. That keeps the defense off the field and changes the complexion of the game."

Now, it looks to me you are referring to the 2nd and 7 play that Gallup clearly, VERY clearly, ran the wrong route. Gallup continued his route inside right into the defender instead of where Dak through it expecting him to settle and catch the ball for a first. Rookie mistake he has made all season.

And yes, Dak did make a bad 2nd down throw to Zeke in the flat. Hardly cost us the game. The next play Zeke had the ball bounce off his shoulder pad when he slipped and likely gets the first down if he catches it.

Not the same ball. Daks was a high fast ball from probably 7 yards away. The worst part of that play is he had the first just running for it.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
So what's to become of dak after kitna becomes QB coach and Moore and Garrett calls the plays?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's obvious with the four best defenses(Bal, Dal, Chi, LAC) being put out of the playoffs that defense will no longer win championships with today's offenses.

That brings me to our QB. Dak is not a pure passer, we will need to pass to win in this league from now on. Our style of ball just wont cut it and anyone who believes it would are fooling themselves.

High scoring offenses are becoming a trend and it will only spread throughout the league as the years go. Dallas will certainly have to "join'em" to bring competitive football to this fanbase.

Now I know most of you will tell me that Dak needs a fair chance with better coaching but I disagree. Dak simply is not built for this new trend that will soon take over this league in the next few years.

Not only is Dak not talented enough but he has hit his ceiling and is not a player that can even develope the skills needed to succeed in this jungle. He just doesnt have it.

The rams, saints, and cheifs will be there every year to intercept teams like Dallas and so will the newcomers that are starting to look for the mcveys, Payton's, and Reids.

Dak was given a chance to prove he could carry this team and he failed yesterday. He failed to run when opportunities where there, he failed to be accurate, he failed to extend drives, giving the ball back, which contributed to the rams continuing their scoring party on the defense.

When you get hit in the mouth you have to hit back everytime. Slip ups by the captain righting the ship are unacceptable.

Dak is not a captain. He is a players that cant keep up with the herd.

If you are not skillful enough to run with the herd then out the door you shall go.

As a fanbase who have put up with loads of BS through out the years, we dont deserve just competitive football. We deserve "competitive championship" football.

Dak as a handicap will never give our fanbase that.

The Rams don't beat the Cowboys without their running game dominating the Cowboys defense.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Of course, "Today's NFL" is not the same as what "Today's NFL" was a few years ago, and is different than it will be in another year or two, so I don't think it's fair to say Dak can't win based on that. It's an ever changing things. This year the final 4 teams happened to be high powered offenses, but a year from now a top defense or two may be in the mix.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
We can win a championship with Dak, if Dak doesn't ask for more than 15 million, if he wants more than that, then move on. Because he is no Rodgers and can not carry a team.
Because the Packers are winning or at least playing in the Superbowl on a regular basis since Rodgers started getting paid. :facepalm:

lukin2006

Reaction score
Because the Packers are winning or at least playing in the Superbowl on a regular basis since Rodgers started getting paid. :facepalm:

He has won more SB than we have in the last 23 years. Dak needs to many weapons because he is an average QB...why can not some of you see that. The only good qualities he has is he seems clutch.

I still prefer the QB to be my best offensive weapon, he is behind Zeke, Cooper and will be behind Gallup. That's right, the QB of the Dallas Cowboys is at best the 4th best player on offence. I never doubted that Romo and Troy were our best offensive weapons.