Video: Dak with Roger

leeblair

Reaction score
I don't want to hear your excuses. Fact Dak walked in as a rookie on a team that just came off a 4-12 season. He did not walk into a great situation and fact is we had won nothing even with Romo. Roger stepped into a situation where the Cowboys were playing for titles already. Dallas has not played in a title game in over 25 years. Not even close to the same.
I don't want to hear your misrepresentations.
That team was 12-4 in 2014. Romo got hurt in 2015 and missed most of the year. The 2015 team was better than the 2014 team.
Don't lie to make your case. It's not fair to others.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Dak inherited the best offense for a rookie in the history of the NFL.

Period.

That is your opinion why would I think you know a damn thing about what your talking about. This team has not won **** is years, not even close and that is a great situation? BS you are clueless

erod

Reaction score
Yes a rookie RB a Rookie QB and managed to go 13-3. Again much different than Roger he stepped into a well coached team who were playing for championship. When was the last time Dallas was playing for a championship? Did Romo bring us to any championship games? You guys can go on about Dak all you want. Sorry I don't share your views

Dak is a bus driver. Teams don't gameplan for him. There's nothing to be afraid of. He's just a good ole solid average NFL quarterback.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I don't want to hear your misrepresentations.
That team was 12-4 in 2014. Romo got hurt in 2015 and missed most of the year. The 2015 team was better than the 2014 team.
Don't lie to make your case. It's not fair to others.

and won what? not a damn thing. Roger walked into a team playing for championships did Dak walk into a team who was already playing for titles? Hell no. Vet QB in 2015 could not do jack yet a 4th rd rookie helps them to 13-3?

leeblair

Reaction score
and won what? not a damn thing. Roger walked into a team playing for championships did Dak walk into a team who was already playing for titles? Hell no. Vet QB in 2015 could not do jack yet a 4th rd rookie helps them to 13-3?
And the Cowboys have won what since Dak took over?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Dak is a bus driver. Teams don't gameplan for him. There's nothing to be afraid of. He's just a good ole solid average NFL quarterback.

Again your view, You may view yourself as an expert, I don't. I think you are entitled to think as you choose and I am entitled to think you don't have a clue.

erod

Reaction score
That is your opinion why would I think you know a damn thing about what your talking about. This team has not won **** is years, not even close and that is a great situation? BS you are clueless
Romo's teams didn't win because they had the statistically worst defenses in NFL history. He regularly lost games even though the Cowboys put up 30+ points. The Cowboys have been a dysfunctional organization for 25 years. Even when they put together talent, it underachieves because of the toxic culture Jerry creates.

Dak inherited the best RB in the league, the best offensive line in the league, a Hall of Fame tight end that he leaned on heavily, and a very solid cast of receivers that Romo managed to make an elite group.

Dak handled it very well as a rookie. He didn't screw it up. But teams got the book on him, and it's been a consistent mediocrity ever since. Doesn't like to throw from the pocket, doesn't read defenses particularly well, doesn't throw an accurate ball, and now suddenly, he can't run anymore.

That's just the way the NFL sees him. Sorry if it doesn't jive with your wishes.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
And the Cowboys have won what since Dak took over?

No they haven't. Dak shares in it as a part of this team but then a lot of people share in it. Again a lot different than the situation that Roger stepped into

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Romo's teams didn't win because they had the statistically worst defenses in NFL history. He regularly lost games even though the Cowboys put up 30+ points. The Cowboys have been a dysfunctional organization for 25 years. Even when they put together talent, it underachieves because of the toxic culture Jerry creates.

Dak inherited the best RB in the league, the best offensive line in the league, a Hall of Fame tight end that he leaned on heavily, and a very solid cast of receivers that Romo managed to make an elite group.

Dak handled it very well as a rookie. He didn't screw it up. But teams got the book on him, and it's been a consistent mediocrity ever since. Doesn't like to throw from the pocket, doesn't read defenses particularly well, doesn't throw an accurate ball, and now suddenly, he can't run anymore.

That's just the way the NFL sees him. Sorry if it doesn't jive with your wishes.

That is they way you see it. You don't speak for the NFL. My god get over yourself, you are an expert in your own head, nothing more. You sit here making claims of what everyone think? No you don't

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
The mental gymnastics have been taken to new heights in this thread by the Dak-haters.

Sure, Roger had Doomsday and Dak has had Marrenelli's quaint defenses to support him.

Sure, Roger took over a championship-level team while Dak took over a 4-12 team.

Sure, Roger had one of the GREATEST and most innovative coaches of all time and Dak has had....Garrett.

Sure, Roger was 27 as a Rookie and Dak is only 26 and just had a season where he threw for almost 5,000 yards and a 3:1 ratio.

Sure, Roger absolutely loves Dak, (but what does he know, the geniuses on this board know soooo much more about being QB in the NFL than Roger Staubach)

Despite, all of that - let's turn this into a chance to bash Dak! Yay! How creative.

erod

Reaction score
That is they way you see it. You don't speak for the NFL. My god get over yourself, you are an expert in your own head, nothing more. You sit here making claims of what everyone think? No you don't
I predicted 7-9 this season. Let me guess, you were around 14-2.

I tend to be right a lot over the years, don't I? Because I don't look at my team through pom poms and glitter. I see it for what it is.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I dont think Roger had even played in the NFL yet when. He was Dak's age. Plus Roger had Landry and a great defense. As if it were all Daks fault. Smh
Bingo, some don't really look at the teams around Staubach and Aikman and what was missing when they didn't deliver.

It was well known back then how Staubach campaigned to get Landry to let him call his own plays. Landry knew that would be a mistake because Staubach would call his own number too much or too many pass plays because he was that type a QB, a playmaker himself. Both Staubach and Aikman were more game managers than Romo was and their job was to get the ball into the hands of the playmakers just as Starr, Bradshaw, Montana and eventually, Elway, learned.

You put any decent QB on the field with a D that he cannot trust to be consistent and he will play differently that he would like to play. Not having a D like that in the last 20 years made Aikman and every other QB play differently. They felt pressure on every drive because that old strategy of keep it close and win it in the 4th hasn't worked in 25 years.

The truth about Dak Prescott is that we don't know his ceiling but he did improve from the previous season. To think a QB has peaked 4 seasons in is to ignore the historical data. And if we think leading a NFL team is just a natural thing to QB's, that's just not the case.

Prescott is like Emmitt or Witten to me. When I think about Emmitt as a runner or Witten as a pass receiver, they don't break the top 5. But consider everything that goes into those positions and how they impact the rest of the offense, they are easily elevated into that area and adding that one little underappreciated element, availability, they're top 2 or 3.

Too much time is spent here examining the critical elements of Prescott's game, the inconsistent accuracy, and not the overall effect of his presence on that team on that field and in that locker room. And that is why they will not tag him, they have to have him on board for stability.

I think one thing some here might not realize is that the D he had at Miss St was better, comparatively speaking, than the ones he's had in the NFL.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
The Cowboys best team was in 2015. They won only 4 games because Jason Garrett was lost without Romo and didn't try to win but the 2015 team should have contended for a Super Bowl with Brandon Weeden, and would have if Garrett hadn't been so incompetent.
I don't usually post negativity, but this is the most stupid post I've read in a few years. The 2015 team was not good. Dez struggled; TWilliams couldn't catch with his hands; our record setting RB was gone. The defense has always sucked.
To think we should have even competed in our own division with garbage QBs like Weeden is absolutely ridiculous.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
There was a time when 3500 yards was elite, and 4000 was almost unheard of. This year 18 guys threw for 3500, and 12 threw for 4000. Yardage isn't even a thing anymore. Jameis Winston led the league with 5109 yards.

Dallas had three games this year without even scoring a touchdown. What kind of "elite" quarterback does that?

Spot on. especially considering the considerable offensive talent he has surrounding him both in the trenches and skill positions. Having 25% of our games be that anemic offensively is frankly embarrassing

starfan1

Reaction score
here comes what? lol Roger proved himself and is in the HOF. Dak is young and still has a career ahead of him. He has shown great improvement in his game despite changing of OC and once again has another OC he will need to learn from.

the whole great team thing you mentioned that the whole beef or a at least a good chunk of it coming from the dak haters. I should have highlighted that part of your statement sorry. I see Erod was the first of the deniers to come through others will follow.

Pappy or Amari they all preach the same story

sean10mm

Reaction score
This thread was started with an amusing fluff video of Dak and Staubach, and the first response is a vitriolic attack on Dak out of left field. Then everything turns into the same weirdos yelling the same arguments at each other over and over.

It's curious that Staubach doesn't seem to regard Dak as a [insert insult here]. He's under no obligation to do anything for anybody, yet he seems to make a point to boost Dak (like he did Romo.) I'm trying to think of why I should take the word of our resident DAK IS SCUM ranters over maybe THE living legend from the Cowboys glorious past and I keep coming up blank.

starfan1

Reaction score
Romo's teams didn't win because they had the statistically worst defenses in NFL history. .
I mean exaggerate much. Id hate to derail this extremely productive Dak hate thread but tony's defenses weren't the statistically worse for his time let alone NFL history. Dak walked into a good situation and hasnt taken full advantage of it but just like Romo its not all his doing. Tony defenses were the middle of the road and times bottom of the league and at times they were top 10 they were never NFL history statistically bad.

Last edited: