Video: Dak with Roger

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I wish Cowboys fans would stop comparing Cowboys QBs to each other. Everyone has their favorite and will angle their argument to reflect that their favorite is the best.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I predicted 7-9 this season. Let me guess, you were around 14-2.

I tend to be right a lot over the years, don't I? Because I don't look at my team through pom poms and glitter. I see it for what it is.

No predicted 10. You think high of yourself great I'm sorry I don't see you as an expert I see you as a message board poster with an opinion nothing more

Doomsday101

Reaction score
the whole great team thing you mentioned that the whole beef or a at least a good chunk of it coming from the dak haters. I should have highlighted that part of your statement sorry. I see Erod was the first of the deniers to come through others will follow.

Pappy or Amari they all preach the same story

My comment of Roger I stand by it. I watched it 1st hand. I watch this team being built under Landry, I saw the championship games vs Cleveland and GB and the SB vs the Colts. Roger helped get them over that final hump but Cowboys were winning and do so consistently and reaching the title games. Romo did not walk into that nor did Dak.

starfan1

Reaction score
My comment of Roger I stand by it. I watched it 1st hand. I watch this team being built under Landry, I saw the championship games vs Cleveland and GB and the SB vs the Colts. Roger helped get them over that final hump but Cowboys were winning and do so consistently and reaching the title games. Romo did not walk into that nor did Dak.

Your no different than most of us here. Ive been a fan since early 70's so I seen same things. Im really on your side here. But the other side is not completely wrong Dak walked into the ideal situation as this team was built for the crip and it was and is solid on that side of the ball. But the under achieving of this team is not solely because of Dak. There are a lot of culprits and plenty of blame to go around but the detractors will exaggerate things.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Your no different than most of us here. Ive been a fan since early 70's so I seen same things. Im really on your side here. But the other side is not completely wrong Dak walked into the ideal situation as this team was built for the crip and it was and is solid on that side of the ball. But the under achieving of this team is not solely because of Dak. There are a lot of culprits and plenty of blame to go around but the detractors will exaggerate things.

Dallas has not shown much in terms of consistent play be it Romo or Dak at QB and as you said it was not solely on either guys. of course they both shared in it. It now falls to this new staff to get consistent play out of this team that goes for offense and defense. I have never tired to build Dak into a HOF QB, for me I see a QB who has continued to develop and improve

morat1959

Reaction score
For the Dak homers talking about his great fantasy stats this season. Let this sink in...his record when trailing at the half in 2019...0-8! That’s the only stat you need to look at.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
I mean exaggerate much. Id hate to derail this extremely productive Dak hate thread but tony's defenses weren't the statistically worse for his time let alone NFL history. Dak walked into a good situation and hasnt taken full advantage of it but just like Romo its not all his doing. Tony defenses were the middle of the road and times bottom of the league and at times they were top 10 they were never NFL history statistically bad.
I mean exaggerate much. Id hate to derail this extremely productive Dak hate thread but tony's defenses weren't the statistically worse for his time let alone NFL history. Dak walked into a good situation and hasnt taken full advantage of it but just like Romo its not all his doing. Tony defenses were the middle of the road and times bottom of the league and at times they were top 10 they were never NFL history statistically bad.

The 2013 Cowboys defense was bottom of the league worst. It was also the worst defense in Cowboys franchise history statistically and if I am remembering correctly one of the five worst NFL defenses of all time. That was absolutely a historically bad defense that made this year’s defense look like the 85 Bears

That’s how you end up at 8-8 when you have the fifth ranked scoring offense in the league

starfan1

Reaction score
The 2013 Cowboys defense was bottom of the league worst. It was also the worst defense in Cowboys franchise history statistically and if I am remembering correctly one of the five worst NFL defenses of all time. That was absolutely a historically bad defense that made this year’s defense look like the 85 Bears

That’s how you end up at 8-8 when you have the fifth ranked scoring offense in the league
Romo's teams didn't win because they had the statistically worst defenses in NFL history. Ya good ole Monty Kiffen. His statement is broad brushed and simply not true yes in 2013 they sucked and were 32 in league but he also had much better defenses than that which makes that particular statement a bit of a reach.

erod

Reaction score
Nope.

There was a year that Dallas literally had the statistically worst defense in NFL history.

And during Romo's time, Dallas' defense in many of those years gave up more points than any Cowboy teams in franchise history.

Dallas basically had to score 35 points to beat good teams. Romo failed to score more than 28 too many times. That was his career.

cowboyec

Reaction score
can't even enjoy a cool video of Roger and Dak without it turning into a debate about Dak...unreal.
just enjoy the video.

Nav22

Reaction score
Dak stepped into a 13-3 caliber team with the most powerful offensive line in football with the top running back in football.
He's had ample talent around him to be successful.
He responded by going 8-8 this year in the weakest division in the NFL.
Um, Dak took over a 4-12 team.

He was such a huge upgrade at QB over Weeden/Cassel, as a rookie no less, that we won 13 games. Best rookie season for a QB in NFL history.

Zeke was also a big upgrade at RB over McFadden.

I like how you tried to slide “caliber” in there so you wouldn’t come off like TOO big of an idiot. Nice try!
:lmao2:

Reactions: CWR

CWR

Reaction score
Dak stepped into a 13-3 caliber team with the most powerful offensive line in football with the top running back in football.
He's had ample talent around him to be successful.
He responded by going 8-8 this year in the weakest division in the NFL.

Wrong he stepped into a 4-12 team and had a big part of making them 13-3 his rookie season.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
So does Roger take the blame for a bad pass to a wide open Jackie Smith?

joseephuss

Reaction score
Shame on Dak for not being Roger Staubach, one of the best QBs in Dallas Cowboys history and NFL history. Many teams have never found their Roger Staubach level QB.

black label

Reaction score
Greatness and mediocrity....nice combination. Division titles, NFC championships and Super Bowls vs winning regular season games and one playoff win...again another nice contrast. You can fit all of Dak under Roger’s little fingernail.
:laugh: