Dak, Zeke, Cooper, Lawrence, Jaylon Smith, Jones, 2XCollins, Beasley, Brown. Who are you keeping?

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
DAL is 75m to 90m under the cap this year

The only big deals they have due are DLaw and maybe Beasley

Dak, Zeke, Cooper and BJones are under contract

Any deals with be next year when we are 120m under the cap and they will be staggered to hit farther down the road

Lee, Crawford and Collins will be gone soon enough

There are NO WORRIES at all with the cap , now or next year..... then a new CBA will be in play after 2020

Depending on Jerry's expectations on the new CBA, could be a good time to lock players in. But I'd only go with guys were confident about, or very short contracts.

I think you have to do something with Dak, because he needs to sit out without a big chunk of locked in money. Next year's salary just doesn't justify the injury risk to his impending guaranteed money.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Depending on Jerry's expectations on the new CBA, could be a good time to lock players in. But I'd only go with guys were confident about, or very short contracts.

I think you have to do something with Dak, because he needs to sit out without a big chunk of locked in money. Next year's salary just doesn't justify the injury risk to his impending guaranteed money.
That would be the worst advice ever

He gets no closer to a payday by sitting out

Even if he gets hurt next year he gets a big extension

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
That would be the worst advice ever

He gets no closer to a payday by sitting out

Even if he gets hurt next year he gets a big extension

If he gets seriously hurt, he gets a much smaller new contract. If he gets hurt in a career ending way, he doesn't get a penny more.

I betcha a nickel he holds out without an extension next year.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
The way I see it:

-Dak, no choice (look at Kirk Cousins, and he was the best FA quarterback in years). Probably gets $25MM/season.
-Zeke, no choice. He's getting Gurley money.
-Cooper, no choice. Brandin Cooks' deal is probably going to be the starting point for negotiations.
-Lawrence, no choice. He's getting more than Olivier Vernon.

-Jaylon, I definitely think you pay him. For one, LB is one of the cheapest positions out there, and two, after the way this team has supported him, I don't think he's going to be out to screw us for every penny. I think both sides really want him to be here and a deal shouldn't be tough to do. 4 years $40 million would be my guess.

-Byron, if Richard stays I am 100% paying him, if Richard leaves I have a few more doubts. But he's a core player in this defense IMO, as a 26 year old All Pro with minimal injury and off-field risk. If we keep running press-man, he'll be worth the money. I'd offer him a Kyle Fuller contract (4 year, $56 million extension to his rookie deal) at the minimum.

-Maliek Collins: I don't think either side wants to sign a deal right now. Maliek's arrow is pointing up after a strong finish to the year, but over his career, he's basically been a JAG with a chronically bad foot. Management's not in a hurry to pay a guy like that, and Collins isn't in a hurry to sign for injury-prone JAG money when he's got the potential for more. We'll see how his 2019 goes.

-La'El Collins: Run game mauler who's never really developed as a pass blocker. I'm really not that high on him, and with an OL shortage across the league, I think other teams will value him more than we do. Replacing tackles is hard though. In the end, I think he walks and leaves us with a big hole on the OL.

-Beasley: Phased out of the offense as the season wore on, doesn't want to be here, he's looking like a pretty easy cut.

-Anthony Brown: this one is going to be tough. Brown's a heck of a slot corner, but we may not have the money left to pay him after we're done dishing out mega-deals to our stars, and Jourdan Lewis is behind him just itching for more snaps.

zenmastersauce

Reaction score
Ah couch gms again that dives into who fans hate the most. Seems like you accomplished what you wanted to avoid.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
DAL is 75m to 90m under the cap this year

The only big deals they have due are DLaw and maybe Beasley

Dak, Zeke, Cooper and BJones are under contract

Any deals with be next year when we are 120m under the cap and they will be staggered to hit farther down the road

Lee, Crawford and Collins will be gone soon enough

There are NO WORRIES at all with the cap , now or next year..... then a new CBA will be in play after 2020
I agree about Dak but Zeke said he wants a new one publicly; and IMO he holds all the leverage.

The Natural

Reaction score
Irreplaceable: Zeke, Jaylon, Cooper

Easily replaceable: Byron, Collins (dt), Brown

I dont know about the rest but these are three I’d sign and three I would be fine letting go.