Dak's contract isn't like others that have been paid!

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure if you go back a look at what Aikman and Romo percentage of the cap were, Dak's offer will come close. if not the exact same.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Anyone tired of watching all of these analysts, especially Stephen A, talk about how Jerry and Stephen have paid Jaylon, Lawrence, and Zeke but just won't pay Dak? They go on and on about Romo would have been paid and yata yata yata. Do they not realize that Dak's contract is much larger and takes up a larger portion of the Salary cap due to guaranteed money. This is not counting the fact that he just wanted more money and they couldn't come to an agreement. Am I right in thinking that comparing Daks' contract to the others is completely different?

Nothing to worry about. Dak isn't going anywhere. Its was simply a matter of the number of years.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Romo signed a 6 yr deal in 2007 and a 6 yr deal in 2013. If Dak would take a 6 yr deal it would have been done a couple years ago already.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Romo signed a 6 yr deal in 2007 and a 6 yr deal in 2013. If Dak would take a 6 yr deal it would have been done a couple years ago already.

The fact that Dak only wanted 4 years obviously threw off Jones big time. Wasn't used to that.

So he is going to have to decide if he wants a 3 or 4 years deal or nothing at all. Personally I am not worried about it. This will probably actually force Jones to do what he should always be doing. Always looking at options for QB's in the draft, in FA, everywhere.

Hell, if they decided to trade Dak for draft picks and sign a guy like Rogers in a year or two that would be fine also.

morat1959

Reaction score
So lets assume you agree Dak has been a winning QB..... and you agree there are at least 15 teams that wont be starting a winning QB first game of the year next season....now your the GM of a real football Franchise and your job is on the line....Dak goes 10-6 or whatever you think and we get bounce in the divisional round again.....You really think that not one of those teams with a losing QB and a GM whose head is on the line wont offer him more than Dallas?..... this is a real thing when you let your Winning QB hit the Market in today's NFL your negotiations just went south...I don't think he will be the one surprised at how many offers he gets
Your assumptions are wrong. Dak’s never gonna win a SB. He doesn’t have it between the ears.

MikeB80

Reaction score
Anyone tired of watching all of these analysts, especially Stephen A, talk about how Jerry and Stephen have paid Jaylon, Lawrence, and Zeke but just won't pay Dak? They go on and on about Romo would have been paid and yata yata yata. Do they not realize that Dak's contract is much larger and takes up a larger portion of the Salary cap due to guaranteed money. This is not counting the fact that he just wanted more money and they couldn't come to an agreement. Am I right in thinking that comparing Daks' contract to the others is completely different?

the difference is simple Dak wanted a 4 year deal so he could get a new deal in 3 years and get more guaranteed money after the new tv contract...

romo, ware, smith etc....all agreed to long contracts so Dallas could go back and manipulate the numbers and make cap room when they needed it.

Dak decided he was all in on cash the other guys played ball with the organization. He chose his path and that is totally fine. I hope he gets a ton of money as I believe the players are all underpaid, I just hope it is not here.