Dak's not leaving, this isn't an overhaul

cmoney23

Reaction score
Wow. I get this forum can be hyperbolic but my goodness.

Dak isn't leaving. Complaining about it is just dumb. The contract is signed. BUILD A BRIDGE, GET OVER IT.

He was playing at an MVP level. Tied for fourth in the league with 37 touchdown passes to only ten ints with a 104 rating!!! He is what you want in a QB. We have to do better around him.

With that said, this isn't an overhaul, it's a tune-up. And that is going to happen because like all GOOD TEAMS we are going to lose our coordinators and hopefully bring in the right staff to take the leap.

I don't want Dan Quinn to go. KM I'm wavering on but more on Nussmier and Philben.

We went 12-5 and had a tough draw in the first round. Played like crap and had dumb mistakes. We lost. IT HAPPENS. GET BETTER.

goshann

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tough draw. Lol. We were not good over the 2nd half of the season.

Agree it is closer to a tune up than overhaul, but we need to revamp the offense to play to Dak’s strengths. Would go to a quick passing game and make sure we have a quick a slot rcvr like Beasley that can get separation in the middle of the field quickly. That and maybe another TE. He needs to see guys open in front of him or he gets indecisive. Dak needs security blankets and simple passes…

Moore needs to go.

bigE79

Reaction score

Dak isn't leaving. Complaining about it is just dumb. The contract is signed. BUILD A BRIDGE, GET OVER IT.

He was playing at an MVP level. Tied for fourth in the league with 37 touchdown passes to only ten ints with a 104 rating!!! He is what you want in a QB. We have to do better around him.

With that said, this isn't an overhaul, it's a tune-up. And that is going to happen because like all GOOD TEAMS we are going to lose our coordinators and hopefully bring in the right staff to take the leap.

I don't want Dan Quinn to go. KM I'm wavering on but more on Nussmier and Philben.

We went 12-5 and had a tough draw in the first round. Played like crap and had dumb mistakes. We lost. IT HAPPENS. GET BETTER.
Another stat post I see,MVP this most tds that but you forgot about the most important stat..another choke job by the qb with a team that was built to win this year.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
We can fix the oline, we can fix the RB, we can fix the dline, we can fix everything, but we can't fix QB and that's where everything starts.
Nope. You can win with a good but not great QB. You can win with Dak. You CANNOT win with a terminally stupid team that repeatedly shoots itself in the foot and with zero running game. It starts with the Oline. It always has, speaking specifically of the offense. How did Mahomes look in the Super Bowl last year with a crap Oline? 9 points. The defense is in the same boat. Put together a great Dline and see how much better that unit becomes. Football is still and will always be about the trenches. Always.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Nope. You can win with a good but not great QB. You can win with Dak. You CANNOT win with a terminally stupid team that repeatedly shoots itself in the foot and with zero running game. It starts with the Oline. It always has, speaking specifically of the offense. How did Mahomes look in the Super Bowl last year with a crap Oline? 9 points. The defense is in the same boat. Put together a great Dline and see how much better that unit becomes. Football is still and will always be about the trenches. Always.
It starts and ends with QB play and then the trenches. Watch a maestro do it, Tom Brady. Funny how Tom left New England, now their oline stinks. Tom knows how to manipulate a defensive pass rush, he gets rid of the ball quickly. He knows exactly who he's going to throw it to based on coverages. His IQ is top-notch, and unfortunately, Dak is a lower tier football IQ. I'm sorry, but we have to face facts.

TheHerd

Reaction score

You're delusional if you think the current players can get better. They are what they are. We don't need a full overhaul, and I agree we're stuck with Dak for at least a few years. We could cut DLaw, Coop, Jarwin, Collins post 6/1 and free up 53M in cap this year (though it would create 23 in dead cap the next year) and start to populate the team with smarter, hungrier players.

leeblair

Reaction score

Just like 2016, this season was a mirage caused by weak competition and great players around him.
And just like 2016 Dak choked early against good teams and in the playoffs, and it is a mirage that he played great to bring them back.
THE COWBOYS WERE DOWN 23-7! DAK OVERTHREW HIS WIDE RECEIVERS EARLY AND BEHIND THEM!
And just like the years in between, he struggles when the team doesn't carry him.
He's Jason Garrett 2.0. He looks for anyone else who can be blamed, and it's never his fault.
Ol' 8-8, and Young 8-8.
Give Dak to our toughest opponent and hire Garrett to go with him.
Excuses won't build greatness.

TheHerd

Reaction score
It's incredible with all the rules to try to change this one fundamental truth, it still remains a fact. Football is won in the trenches. I was a small, slow running back when I played. But I love offensive line play. Watch the trenches the first few drives and you can predict the outcome relatively frequently.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

:hammer::hammer:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
It's incredible with all the rules to try to change this one fundamental truth, it still remains a fact. Football is won in the trenches. I was a small, slow running back when I played. But I love offensive line play. Watch the trenches the first few drives and you can predict the outcome relatively frequently.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
It starts and ends with QB play and then the trenches. Watch a maestro do it, Tom Brady. Funny how Tom left New England, now their oline stinks. Tom knows how to manipulate a defensive pass rush, he gets rid of the ball quickly. He knows exactly who he's going to throw it to based on coverages. His IQ is top-notch, and unfortunately, Dak is a lower tier football IQ. I'm sorry, but we have to face facts.
Well you’re talking about the best of all time. Sort of like shooting fish in a barrel there. And, Brady always had a great Oline in New England and has another one in Tampa. Put him behind a bad Oline and he’d look a bit different. Still very good because he’s the GOAT, but not the same.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Time for major changes in philosophy and identity. This team can't be pass dominant. They don't have the QB. Put all resources into the trenches and be the team that no one can stop running the ball. Use play action off that propensity to run.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Well you’re talking about the best of all time. Sort of like shooting fish in a barrel there. And, Brady always had a great Oline in New England and has another one in Tampa. Put him behind a bad Oline and he’d look a bit different. Still very good because he’s the GOAT, but not the same.