Dak's stats and where he ranks

Yobwocs

Reaction score
Yards - 1,066 ........12th (only area that's not top of the league)

TDs - 10 ................Tied 3rd (Mahomes, Brady, Stafford)

QB Rating - 116.9 ..... 5th (Mahomes, Wilson, Stafford, and Taylor who shouldn't count because he played only 2 games and is not playing right now)

Completion % - 75.2%...... 2nd (Murray)

INTs - 2 (too much ties to rank but it's good)

At this point, ranking him in the Top 5 is logical. Top 3 is fanatical but not completely unorthodox. Ranking him below the Top 7, well.... that's just personal bias at this point.

glimmerman

Reaction score

QB Rating - 116.9 ..... 5th (Mahomes, Wilson, Stafford, and Taylor who shouldn't count because he played only 2 games and is not playing right now)

At this point, ranking him in the Top 5 is logical. Top 3 is fanatical but not completely unorthodox. Ranking him below the Top 7, well.... that's just personal bias at this point.
A lot of the rankings are personal preference. A lot of stats to cherry pick. I think he is for sure top 5. And some of that is the players around him. He has a great Offense around him. But he himself is playing very well. And one of his picks was Lambs fault.

Dak needs to work on taking needless sacks and fumbling. But a lot of qbs do this.

USArmyVet

Reaction score

Kyler Murray 2nd in passing yards....is he elite?

Joe Burrow tied for 4th in TD's....is he elite?

Teddy Bridgewater 7th in QBR...is he elite?

Kyler Murray 1st in Comp %...is he elite?

Patrick Mahomes tied for 4th most INT's....does that make him not elite?

Stats can show whatever you wish them to show but all that matters if team success.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Romo's playoff record was 2-4 through 13 seasons. Let's see if that stat improves. Awe... too late. All out of time, which Dak still has plenty of.
He is a playoff win away from having the same track record as Romo. Dak has had a pretty good Offense around him his whole career. 2016 would have been interesting if Romo played the season. That was a special team.

Yobwocs

Reaction score
Kyler Murray 2nd in passing yards....is he elite?

Joe Burrow tied for 4th in TD's....is he elite?

Teddy Bridgewater 7th in QBR...is he elite?

Kyler Murray 1st in Comp %...is he elite?

Patrick Mahomes tied for 4th most INT's....does that make him not elite?

Stats can show whatever you wish them to show but all that matters if team success.

Dak is high in lots of categories not just one like some of those guys you named, but keep trying.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He is a playoff win away from having the same track record as Romo. Dak has had a pretty good Offense around him his whole career. 2016 would have been interesting if Romo played the season. That was a special team.
The thing about that season.....I don't know if Romo could've played better than Dak did in that playoff game. Maybe just as good? Dak was really good in that game probably one of his best games.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Impressive. He's in elite company. The passing yards aren't there but man this year has been crazy. Guys are throwing for 300-400 yards passing and are losing. Its now looking like the more passing yards you have the more losses you will get.

phildadon86

Reaction score
1-2 playoff record in 5 seasons.......let’s see if that stat improves
Lets see if the defense can show up in the playoffs. We blaming Dak for the Rams loss now? The same game we allowed CJ Anderson to run for 200 yards? lol. You people need to schtick

DFWJC

Reaction score
I'll have the updated combo stats QB ratings out tomorrow.
It averages QB rating and Total TDs-Total turnovers.
After yesterday, Dak looks good in both

He was only 11th last week but 3 games is a tiny sample size.
I think he shoots all the way to top 5 after 4 games.
He's playing really well.
We'll see, but I suspect the top 3 (again, after only 4 games) will be Wilson, Mahomes, Stafford or Murray.

Rodgers and Brady are outside that top 5 in this early season, and Burrow is rising fast,
so they may crowd someone out eventually.

Not sure I would count on that being Dak though, as he's trending up and the schedule for the next 2 months is favorable as well.

:flagwave:

As for who anyone "thinks" is top 5 or top10.....that is based on an opinion and relates to not only the stats, but the team surrounding and helping each QB accumulate those states.

I'll stay out of that.
I know our guy is playing plenty good enough, so that's all I need.

Last edited: