Dak's stats and where he ranks

quickccc

Reaction score
Yards - 1,066 ........12th (only area that's not top of the league)

TDs - 10 ................Tied 3rd (Mahomes, Brady, Stafford)

QB Rating - 116.9 ..... 5th (Mahomes, Wilson, Stafford, and Taylor who shouldn't count because he played only 2 games and is not playing right now)

Completion % - 75.2%...... 2nd (Murray)

INTs - 2 (too much ties to rank but it's good)

At this point, ranking him in the Top 5 is logical. Top 3 is fanatical but not completely unorthodox. Ranking him below the Top 7, well.... that's just personal bias at this point.

I'm also interested to find where Dak ranks among these following stats as well. ..

- 3rd down conversion

- Red Zone efficiency

- Yards avg. per pass

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
I believe this Cowboys offense is for real & here to stay. Because of Dak!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Dak is still shaking off the rust from no pre season. lol He should be able to pick things up now that he has a few games under his belt this season. lol

Yobwocs

Reaction score
which of the top QBs have an elite running game along with a near elite Oline?

Here's why you're wrong:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...g-top-100-players-2021-season-why-league-best

How many Top 100 players do we have besides Dak? 3. 3. 3. Dak is ranked highest (12th), then the next highest is Martin (50th) and Cooper (75th) and Smith (79th);.

How many do the Bucs have? Or the Packers? The Cardinals? The Rams? The Bucs?

Mahomes doesn't have as great a running game, but his receivers are always open. Hill and Kelce > any weapon we have. Not to mention, Chris Jones > any front 7 player we have. Joe Thuney and Orlando Brown are Top 100 offensive linemen. That's the same amount we have. Chiefs roster is superior, that's why they've dominated since Mahomes took over.

Rodgers has Devonte Adams, who's better than any receiver we have. Their offensive line is possibly better. Jenkins and Bakhtiari are out, but once they're back they have possibly the #1 line in the NFL. Aaron Jones is ranked higher than Zeke. Packers defense might be mediocre, but their offense is superior.

Brady has Brown, Godwin, Gronk, and Evans. Are you kidding me? Bucs also have 4 Top 100 defensive players. That's 4 more than we have. Our roster is better than the Bucs? :muttley:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Kyler Murray 2nd in passing yards....is he elite?

Joe Burrow tied for 4th in TD's....is he elite?

Teddy Bridgewater 7th in QBR...is he elite?

Kyler Murray 1st in Comp %...is he elite?

Patrick Mahomes tied for 4th most INT's....does that make him not elite?

Stats can show whatever you wish them to show but all that matters if team success.
I know its very hard for you to understand since most often you only point to a single stat to argue, but its not a single stat that matters. its combination of several factors....

right now Murray is playing at elite level, better than any other QB this year so far........

Burrow is tied for 4th, but his interception percentage is high, he is 19th in yards, 19th in QBR, so not elite, but playing good

Bridgewater is 18th in TD, 27th in yards, 16th in TD%, so he is playing decent, not great. seems to be playing it safe so not elite

Mahomes is elite....based on past performance and this year despite the Ints, he is 4th in yards, first in TDs, 5th in completion%...he is still elite

this must be very hard for you to accept...you are having a very hard time.....

Last edited:

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
1-2 playoff record in 5 seasons.......let’s see if that stat improves

It is ludicrous that in a team sport wins and loses is only associated with the QB. It takes a team to win and to lose a football game. There are times that a QB will do everything to win a game but his teammates doesn’t do their part. It’s my opinion that we HAD a not so good team (including coaching) but a pretty good QB.

Let’s just look at the one lose to TB. Let’s look at some team members that totally helped Dak NOT GET THE WIN…..

-CeeDee Lamp

-The Kicker

-Conner Williams with the untimely holding

-Tyron Smith with the untimely holding

-Anthony Brown

-DL for the consistent lack of pressure without blitzing. Because blitzing Brady is a death sentence.

-The secondary

-The lack of situational awareness on CeeDee, Zeke and the coaching staff as CeeDee and Zeke ran out of bounds on the last drive which would have run at least 60 to 80 seconds more off the clock. Leaving no time for Tom Brady.

-The entire defense for not being able to make a stop when it counted the most.

-Vita totally manhandling Baidasz

And I’m quit certain that I probably missed a few. But I’ll wait for anyone’s response on what else Dak could have done to get the “W” last game.

Better yet, WHAT DID HE DO TO LOSE that game? Wins and loses are a team result in a team sport!

Last edited:

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Romo's playoff record was 2-4 through 13 seasons. Let's see if that stat improves. Awe... too late. All out of time, which Dak still has plenty of.
Romo was much better in the interception category though. . . . Not in a good way.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

QB Rating - 116.9 ..... 5th (Mahomes, Wilson, Stafford, and Taylor who shouldn't count because he played only 2 games and is not playing right now)

At this point, ranking him in the Top 5 is logical. Top 3 is fanatical but not completely unorthodox. Ranking him below the Top 7, well.... that's just personal bias at this point.
2KZ.gif

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
1-2 playoff record in 5 seasons.......let’s see if that stat improves
64.1 Comp Percentage
794 Passing Yards
5 TDs, 2 Int.

These are Dak Prescott's Playoff stats. Are they extraordinary? No, but they are pretty decent. Not sure where this narrative started that Dak is solely responsible for the lack of playoff appearances and the playoff record.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
He’s playing better IMO through 4 games this year than at the same point last year.

He’s been so efficient through the air.

Of course, the biggest difference between this year and last year is 1) how the defense is playing and 2) TO differential.

Compared to last year, Dak has 2 less TDs and 3 more TOs but overall, his play is relatively comparable. I would say he picked up where he left off and is continuing to improve.

Sydla

Reaction score

And one interception was all on Lamb.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
I haven’t seen a QB for any team improve the way Prescott has. He keeps getting more efficient and more accurate as time goes on.

I am blown away. I was and am the biggest Romo fan there ever was - I think he was absolutely good enough to win a Super Bowl and bad player acquisition and coaching kept us from the promised land. One of my favorite things about Romo is how he found something to improve on each season and kept doing so. By 2014 I think he reached his final form and was just as dominant as any QB in the league.

It took him 11 years to get there (2003-2014).

Dak has improved at a MUCH faster rate, in my opinion. He plays better situational football, his pre-snap checks are phenomenal, and he's finally cleaned up his throwing mechanics and developed into an accurate passer. I'm completely in awe.