Dak's stats and where he ranks

glimmerman

Reaction score
The thing about that season.....I don't know if Romo could've played better than Dak did in that playoff game. Maybe just as good? Dak was really good in that game probably one of his best games.
No doubt. I just saw Romo when he came in during the egirls game and threw that TD pass so easy and quick. But not much escape or running ability. He was just so seasoned and did everything with total ease. So comfortable from his time in the game.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
All play-off success requires making the play-offs.

To discount the road to the play-offs under values the success a QB must display to get to the stage where a QB can succeed or fail.

It's all about play-off wins is a strawman argument that ignores the team surrounding the player you question. And the fact to some the goalpost is being moved because Dak has a team surrounding him that appear, at this stage of the season, to be nearing elite status.

Most of the but, but, but what about comments remind me of SAS. Just an ever changing criteria to support a biased narrative.

Tenkamenin

Reaction score
He’s playing better IMO through 4 games this year than at the same point last year.

He’s been so efficient through the air.

Dak's footwork improved, when he drops back it looks effortless like Brady. Dak will have several monster games this year.

Yobwocs

Reaction score
Acho claims Dak is the 7th best QB. Behind Mahomes, Brady, Rodgers, Jackson, Allen, and Murray.

Wiley laughs at him. He states Dak is Top 5 at minimum. Both agree he's playing at an elite level. Sounds like conversations on this board.

Then he presents this little nugget:

20211004-154807.jpg

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
Acho claims Dak is the 7th best QB. Behind Mahomes, Brady, Rodgers, Jackson, Allen, and Murray.

Wiley laughs at him. He states Dak is Top 5 at minimum. Both agree he's playing at an elite level. Sounds like conversations on this board.

20211004-154807.jpg
The dude on the right has four hands :laugh:

johneric8

Reaction score
which of the top QBs have an elite running game along with a near elite Oline?
In all fairness, Dak has been incredible when our running game sucks in the past, and did you ever think that maybe because Dak is dangerous passing the ball
the running game opens up? If you haven't you should because that is what is happening, especially in the last game..

shabazz

Reaction score
I believe this Cowboys offense is for real & here to stay. Because of Dak!

Disregarding the stat that shows that the Cowboys are 27-0 when they run more than pass doesn’t show much critical thinking

The fact of the matter is that the offenses success is because of the offensive lines manhandling of defenses.

Dak, Zeke, Pollard and the receivers are the ones with the TD credits but they would tell you that the Big Uglies are the main reason

JJHLH1

Reaction score
Dak is elite:

1. Brady
2. Mahomes
3. Rodgers
4. Allen
5. Dak

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Impressive. He's in elite company. The passing yards aren't there but man this year has been crazy. Guys are throwing for 300-400 yards passing and are losing. Its now looking like the more passing yards you have the more losses you will get.

I think that is what makes Dallas so dangerous. We don't need to throw the ball for 300-400 yards a game. We can run it down their throats and just beat you.

Secondly, it's a passing league. I'm ok with giving up tons of yardage so long that we can get some INTs and turnovers. We will the turnover battles and being able to keep their offense off the field with our running game, we can beat just about anyone.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
which of the top QBs have an elite running game along with a near elite Oline?
We have an undrafted free agent at RT, a center and LG that are clearly not elite, and a LT that, while still a strong player, is not at his peak. This isn't as good an O-Line as 3-4 years ago when we did not have the kind of offense we are showing now.

As for the running game, do you think that just magically appeared, and exists despite a bad passing game? Do you think the running game functions without any direction from Dak, who is responsible for reading the defense and calling audibles whenever he sees the need? These aren't new RB's - they didn't just magically become elite this year.

The reality is it is just a more cohesive team, and the running and passing games are feeding off each other. Obviously the coaching is a big part, but so is the leadership and decision making Dak is providing.

Last edited:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Impressive. He's in elite company. The passing yards aren't there but man this year has been crazy. Guys are throwing for 300-400 yards passing and are losing. Its now looking like the more passing yards you have the more losses you will get.
The thing is he is functioning a bit like Aikman - what's best for the team is the goal. If the running game is working, he's happy to lean on that, but they can also lean on his arm when needed as well.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Disregarding the stat that shows that the Cowboys are 27-0 when they run more than pass doesn’t show much critical thinking

The fact of the matter is that the offenses success is because of the offensive lines manhandling of defenses.

Dak, Zeke, Pollard and the receivers are the ones with the TD credits but they would tell you that the Big Uglies are the main reason

That goes for any offense though...If anyone does not think all Football games are won and lost in the trenches..ask P Mahomes...

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I'll have the updated combo stats QB ratings out tomorrow.
It averages QB rating and Total TDs-Total turnovers.
After yesterday, Dak looks good in both

He was only 11th last week but 3 games is a tiny sample size.
I think he shoots all the way to top 5 after 4 games.
He's playing really well.
We'll see, but I suspect the top 3 (again, after only 4 games) will be Wilson, Mahomes, Stafford or Murray.

Rodgers and Brady are outside that top 5 in this early season, and Burrow is rising fast,
so they may crowd someone out eventually.

Not sure I would count on that being Dak though, as he's trending up and the schedule for the next 2 months is favorable as well.

:flagwave:

As for who anyone "thinks" is top 5 or top10.....that is based on an opinion and relates to not only the stats, but the team surrounding and helping each QB accumulate those states.

I'll stay out of that.
I know our guy is playing plenty good enough, so that's all I need.
Nice post
Not sure why we can't all just accept we have a quality quarterback

Nexx

Reaction score
In all fairness, Dak has been incredible when our running game sucks in the past, and did you ever think that maybe because Dak is dangerous passing the ball
the running game opens up? If you haven't you should because that is what is happening, especially in the last game..

but the cowboys pretty much lose everyday they depend on Dak to
We have an undrafted free agent at RT, a center and LG that are clearly not elite, and a LT that, while still a strong player, is not at his peak. This isn't as good an O-Line as 3-4 years ago when we did not have the kind of offense we are showing now.

As for the running game, do you think that just magically appeared, and exists despite a bad passing game? Do you think the running game functions without any direction from Dak, who is responsible for reading the defense and calling audibles whenever he sees the need? These aren't new RB's - they didn't just magically become elite this year.

The reality is it is just a more cohesive team, and the running and passing games are feeding off each other. Obviously the coaching is a big part, but so is the leadership and decision making Dak is providing.

Nate Newton - undrafted free agent.
Mark Tuinei - undrafted free agent
Kevin Gogan - 8th round pick

Doesn’t matter where you get drafted. Steele gave up one pressure and no QB hits last game. Other than that the my two first rounders, second rounder and a 4th rounder in the starting lineup. No one has perfect line. But ours is really good and as close elite especially run blocking as it gets.

USArmyVet

Reaction score

20211004-154807.jpg

With all due respect that stat is since 2020 which means Dak has only 9 games compared to others with 20+ games....besides, does Dak alone score 32.1 PPG? No, it's a team game.