Twitter: Dak's stats vs Top 5 Scoring defenses

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Scoring against is more legit than yards.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not putting Dak down. I just don't think stats like these are the end all, be all of QB quality. There are a lot of factors that go into the outcomes of every game, and these stats don't reflect things like, how our offensive players matched up with their defenses, injuries to those defenses at the time we played them, how well their offenses played and ToP, or even the simple "any given Sunday" phenomenon.

I like Dak just fine, and I'm liking him more this year than any before, but just about any set of stats can be incredibly deceiving.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I'm not putting Dak down. I just don't think stats like these are the end all, be all of QB quality. There are a lot of factors that go into the outcomes of every game, and these stats don't reflect things like, how our offensive players matched up with their defenses, injuries to those defenses at the time we played them, how well their offenses played and ToP, or even the simple "any given Sunday" phenomenon.

I like Dak just fine, and I'm liking him more this year than any before, but just about any set of stats can be incredibly deceiving.

The thing is there aren’t many stats in which Dak doesn’t do well, advanced or traditional.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The thing is there aren’t many stats in which Dak doesn’t do well, advanced or traditional.
That's probably true, but I bet there are some here who could find some...or manipulate them to make it look that way. ;)

Reactions: CWR

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
What if the Vikings pressure dak and he becomes "buttfumble 2.0". Oh yeah, it will be the offensives line fault.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score

But, this stat is interesting considering that some say that Dak "folds" against good defenses of any kind or type. These other factors do not come into play when some say that he can only perform well against bad defenses. Scoring defense is still important. A team offense can rack up yards and yet end drives with a bunch of FGs. Since Dak has gotten 13 TDs compared to 2 INTs, I say that's good.

irishline

Reaction score
I don't know what stat they're using. They list Dak as being 6-1. Dallas had two L's against defenses that were top 5 in points allowed last season alone: Titans and the Texans.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categoryst...ry=TOTAL_YARDS&d-447263-s=TOTAL_POINTS_SCORED

He also had two losses to top 5 scoring defenses both 2016 (Giants twice) and 2017 (Chargers and Eagles). Not really an indictment of Dak so much as an indictment of where that stat came from (imo of course).

Silverz1972

Reaction score
Name the teams because we haven’t played a top 5 scoring defense this year.

unless you mean scoring defense by defenses that have scored touchdowns And not teams that have given up the fewest points.

Last edited: