Twitter: Dak's stats vs Top 5 Scoring defenses

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Currently the Cowboys are 1st in offense and 6th on defense.

We are 4-1 against teams with a losing record and 1-2 against teams with a winning record.

My hunch is once we begin playing the better teams on our schedule our team rankings will fall along with Daks rankings. We shall see.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You're all about narratives.
Of course. That’s the driving force in the Media and fan forums as such. Selecting facts or formulating data to spin or support a narrative. Also called fake news. Instead of presenting or reporting the facts and let us decipher and draw our own conclusions without influence.

And these stats you provided disputes the narrative that was being presented in this thread. Well done!

shabazz

Reaction score
Not to be a drag here, but how do these "top 5 scoring defenses" compare to just plain "top 5 defenses"? I'm guessing they're not the same teams?

BINGO! Finally someone exercising Critical Thinking. Scoring Defenses? Really? Talk about Cherry picking a non relative stat.

Next week it will be; " Dak vs Defenses that lead the league in Penalties"

Sorry but not fooled

InTheZone

Reaction score
Of course. That’s the driving force in the Media and fan forums as such. Selecting facts or formulating data to spin or support a narrative. Also called fake news. Instead of presenting or reporting the facts and let us decipher and draw our own conclusions without influence.

And these stats you provided disputes the narrative that was being presented in this thread. Well done!
:clap:

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score

You realize you're the one who has repeatedly acknowledged you're not writing for a publication and that whatever you say may or may not be the truth, it's up to the reader to decipher if YOUR narrative is accurate or not?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You realize you're the one who has repeatedly acknowledged you're not writing for a publication and that whatever you say may or may not be the truth, it's up to the reader to decipher if YOUR narrative is accurate or not?
Yes , absolutely. I have often created a narrative based on what I believe based on the evidence and my interpretation.
That doesn’t mean I can’t dispute others.

Swagger

Reaction score
The reality is that he's similar to Derek Carr. That's his ceiling which is middle of the road.

They are pretty similar really.

Derek Carr plays well when his offensive line does.

Derek Carr has struggled when his offensive line has done.

Basically Dak Prescott.

Both are able to produce satisfactory results when the O-Line plays lights out.

However, both are unable to carry a team when the O-Line doesn't dominate.

It's a weird one because these days I think to win a Superbowl a QB needs to be able to carry a team at certain moments and in a few games to get it done.

To be fair, Nick Foles and Joe Flacco were able to do this so it makes me question whether other middle of the road QBs can step up and do the same.

Batman1980

Reaction score
The reality is that he's similar to Derek Carr. That's his ceiling which is middle of the road.

They are pretty similar really.

Derek Carr plays well when his offensive line does.

Derek Carr has struggled when his offensive line has done.

Basically Dak Prescott.

Both are able to produce satisfactory results when the O-Line plays lights out.

However, both are unable to carry a team when the O-Line doesn't dominate.

It's a weird one because these days I think to win a Superbowl a QB needs to be able to carry a team at certain moments and in a few games to get it done.

To be fair, Nick Foles and Joe Flacco were able to do this so it makes me question whether other middle of the road QBs can step up and do the same.

Yeah those numbers for Amari Cooper in Dallas and Oakland definitely bear this out, oh wait.

Dak isn't quite middle of the pack, he's somewhere in the top 10-15. Probably closer to top 10, especially with Rivers fading and Ben on the shelf.

Swagger

Reaction score
Yeah those numbers for Amari Cooper in Dallas and Oakland definitely bear this out, oh wait.

Dak isn't quite middle of the pack, he's somewhere in the top 10-15. Probably closer to top 10, especially with Rivers fading and Ben on the shelf.

How many touchdowns and interceptions have both throw this season and who has had the harder schedule to date? Plus the Cowboys have the superior defense.

Raiders didn't have any sort of running game when Cooper played with Carr...kind of makes the comparison completely irrelevant :facepalm:

Swagger

Reaction score
I am being objective as well because I consider Carr the better quarterback but they are quite similar.

Batman1980

Reaction score
How many of the Raiders' receivers are having the kind of season Gallup or Cooper are having? Williams and Waller are obviously talented but lately Carr is failing at getting them the ball.

15 TDs, 8 INTs
14 TDs, 4 INTs
27 carres for 175 yards, 3 TDs
13 carries for 31 yards, 0 TDs
I know which one I prefer

Swagger

Reaction score
Another Prescott stat that I recently read and this surely is not true...

He's 0 for 11 when trailing by two scores (10 points) at any point in the game.

He never brings the cowboys back in real come from behind games. Franchise QB's do.

ItzKelz

Reaction score

Dak haters around the world collectively are like.....
tenor.gif

Diehardblues

Reaction score

I’m concerned that won’t be good enough for Garrett to win with. That’s about where Romo was.

Not unless we have a generational defense like Ravens or Bucs had with lesser QB’s.

We are a talent dependent franchise where our GM and HC aren’t Elite enough and need to be carried.

Too bad we couldn’t have landed a Mahomes type. It might have been enough for next step.