Twitter: Dak's stats vs Top 5 Scoring defenses

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Right. That’s what stats are. So why is it those same stats are used to show how bad someone is? Then it’s no longer fake news.
It goes both ways. It’s up to everyone to filter fake news.

What’s often mistaken though is facts which are often claimed fake news simply because they don’t align with your agenda or opinion.

Facts aren’t fake news just the opinion or narrative which can be drawn with them.

HungryLion

Reaction score

What’s often mistaken though is facts which are often claimed fake news simply because they don’t align with your agenda or opinion.

Facts aren’t fake news just the opinion or narrative which can be drawn with them.

opinion isn’t fake news. It’s just opinion.

fake news is when people purposefully lie or mislead. If somebody is offering an opinion, based on facts. That’s not fake news. Just opinion.

Stats aren’t fake. Stats aren’t lies. Conclusions drawn from them can be opinion though.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
opinion isn’t fake news. It’s just opinion.

fake news is when people purposefully lie or mislead. If somebody is offering an opinion, based on facts. That’s not fake news. Just opinion.

Stats aren’t fake. Stats aren’t lies. Conclusions drawn from them can be opinion though.
If you believe an opinion to be true then it can become fake news. Lies are lies.

If I believe my wife is the most beautiful women I’ve ever seen it might not be a purposeful lie just an opinion based on my emotional attachment that I truly believe.

Haimerej

Reaction score
If you believe an opinion to be true then it can become fake news. Lies are lies.

If I believe my wife is the most beautiful women I’ve ever seen it might not be a purposeful lie just an opinion based on my emotional attachment that I truly believe.

Beauty is subjective. If you think she's the most beautiful woman you've ever seen then only you can determine if it's a lie or not. Weird analogy. I suggest not letting her see it since you implied it was a lie.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

That makes no sense. So you have a opinion you consider it fake news lol?

HungryLion

Reaction score

No. If you believe somebody else’s opinion to be true. That’s your decision and choice.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
That makes no sense. So you have a opinion you consider it fake news lol?
No, I said if you believe your opinion is the truth you might present it as such.

All opinions are basically fake news until proven to be true. We might believe our opinions to be true but if they were then we’d basically just be stating facts. Any spin or narrative supported by facts are usually fake news. Purely speculative opinion often driven by agenda or beliefs.

Last edited:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I can definitely dig on the good magic this threads "vibing" in victory resonance with,,, as last weekend my Little Brother was zingin'off texts to me about this Viking's game & somewhere along the corresponding back,/ forth, chit-chat, he got his casing-liner bent outta' shape& clearly was suffering the full on effects of being in a panty wadded snit,,, Shirley it wasn't anything contained within my texted replies could've triggered him,,,huh?

:lmao:LMAO:lmao:
I doubt it. You've always seemed like a reasonable man. :thumbup:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

It's only "fake news" if you present it as a true fact, rather than making it clear that it's your opinion.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Beauty is subjective. If you think she's the most beautiful woman you've ever seen then only you can determine if it's a lie or not. Weird analogy. I suggest not letting her see it since you implied it was a lie.
No, my analogy implies that all such opinions based on emotional attachments are only truthful to the eye of the beholder which definitely applies to sports.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Not sure when these defenses were actually "top 5." He could be basing it on the defense's league ranking at the time they played the Cowboys. He should be basing it on their ranking at the end of the season, when there's been a large enough sample of games played. Also, he's talking about total defense -- not pass defense. Against elite pass defenses, Dak has struggled.

Prescott rating differential -21.0
vs. Top 5 Pass Defenses (6 games)
111 of 187 (59%) 1180 yd (6.3 ypa) 6 td 5 int 77.4

vs. #6-32 Pass Defenses (44 games)
929 of 1394 (67%) 10464 yd (7.5 ypa) 66 td 21 int 98.4

The above doesn't include 2019 games because we don't know which pass defenses will finish in the Top 5 yet.

It should be noted that Romo had a 74.7 rating in his first 6 games against Top 5 pass defenses. Aikman had a 68.5 rating in 6 games against Top 5 pass defenses during his first two Pro Bowl seasons (1991-92). In other words, it's common for young QB to struggle against the best pass defenses -- even good young QB.

Lucky for us, Minnesota’s pass defense is pretty pedestrian.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Lucky for us, Minnesota’s pass defense is pretty pedestrian.
They get a lot of sacks, which doesn't show up in passer rating. They'll be just the second Top 10 sack% defense we've faced, after the Saints. According to ANY/A (basically passer rating with sacks thrown in -- a stat I don't much like for QB but that I should have used a couple of years ago to determine those Top 5 pass defenses), the Vikings rank 7th. The best ANY/A defense Dallas has faced so far is the Saints (14th).

So this is probably the best pass defense we've seen so far. Fortunately, their strength is up front. If our OL is up to the task, the Vikings aren't as strong in the back.

Qcard

Reaction score
C’mon now . That might not present the same facts and support this narrative. Lol

Dak is great against top 5 scoring defenses. Wooohoooo
But not top 5 defenses I’m betting.
Tweet with Dak's stats against top 5 overall defenses coming soon....will it makes a difference?? ehh I doubt it... the Never Dak'ers will die on that island

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Tweet with Dak's stats against top 5 overall defenses coming soon....will it makes a difference?? ehh I doubt it... the Never Dak'ers will die on that island
It should make a difference. There’s a place for Elite talent without Elite teams. It’s called the Hall of Fame.

And don’t lump us all into one basket. Everyone is subject to criticism. Dak has assets and weaknesses. He’s not as great as some think and not as bad as others say. It always falls somewhere in the middle.

Last edited: