Twitter: Dak's stock keeps rising

csirl

Reaction score
What does Gilbert's performance against an umbeaten team do for Dak's value?

jjktkk

Reaction score
Yes....Garrett can teach Dak a thing or too. Look at Garrett Gilbert exemplary step up skills on 7 teams AAF over the past years smh
I had to bust @Rockport chops a little given that he's already sizing up Dak's measurements for his HOF jacket, but one of the criticisms I do have on Dak is his pocket awareness and overall his ability to make plays in the pocket.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
What does Gilbert's performance against an umbeaten team do for Dak's value?
increase his value even more. with Dak, we probably score at least 37. so many missed opportunities, but we have sunk so low in our expectations, that people are actually getting excited about a craapy performance and a loss, cheering the effort....let that sink in for a minute

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Yeah imagine dissin the QB who has only one playoff win in 4 years in favor of a QB who has 0 playoff wins in 12 years.. Stafford, like Dalton is allegedly a better passer than Dak even though the numbers say different. Dak has a higher passer rating, a higher QBR a higher completion percentage and a better TD/INT ratio.. But stats don't matter unless they lead to wins.. But wait.. Dak has a better won/loss record too. But let's put all that aside in favor of "the eye test." We like the way Stafford looks better.. so that's who we would prefer at QB. Yeah.. that's the ticket..
:hammer:

first it was Dalton was going to set this offense on fire, now they are tying their hopes to stafford, which they know they can't and won't have, so they can argue their point.....

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
agreed that what we are discussing. Choices take QB or pay one and build defense..hard choice picking in the top 5 with Daks deal looming..

I have no issues as seen in my hypothetical thread i started ,
Paying dak as long as its not even more insane that last years demands and trading from the top 3-4 to say 7th-10th and still get ours Target defenders with more high draft picks..

the extra high picks with trading down 3-4 positions seems very tempting, might be the quickest way to have next years defense not so lopsided from our offense..
lets say we get a QB and pay him 25M, or are you suggesting to go with bottom of the barrell type QBs? and how is an extra 10-15M going to make this defense great? we signed a bunch of mid level players like griffin, worley, poe, mccoy for about that much and we got what exactly? or do you think one player, one single high priced player (and not sure if 15M will get you that in today's NFL), is going to put this defense over the top?

the discussion about Dak and Daks contract being detrimental to building a defense is so assinine and stupid I don't know where to beging....its like you are in the middle of an ocean, in a tsunami, you see a couple of straws and you feel you are going to be saved!!!! WTTF?

we have not been able to find any defensive players, through FA, signing our own FAs or draft for years now......Hill, LVE, Jaylon Smith, Lawrence, Auwzie, Taco, Poe, Crawford, McCoy, Griffin, Mo Claiborne, Gregory...... you figure if half of those would have worked out, we would have a really good defense.....none of the above are worth it.

we suck at drafting defensive players, no matter where we draft. we suck at handing out over priced contracts to our FA defensive players. we suck at signing FA defensive players. a 100M in cap space for defense alone couldnt' fix this problem. it would be a waste of money.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
dak wants 35 million per year. The going rate. Simple as that. Same thing your going to have to pay Lawrence in 4-5 years. The going rate.

and let’s just take 3 million off his price tag and make it....”not elite money”.

is 3 million going to make us a contender?

your stance is just dumb. You never liked dak and this salary thing is just your latest hang up because it’s all you got left.
:hammer: BAAMMMMM..

even if it was 15M lower....is this defense one 15M defensive FA away from being a dominant defense? that's the stupidity of their argument. but they are laser focused on 5 or 6 M thinking that's the difference between an elite defense and a all time craapy defense like ours......and none of them have provided any realistic alternative to signing any player from FA with realistic availability......

phildadon86

Reaction score
dak wants 35 million per year. The going rate. Simple as that. Same thing your going to have to pay Lawrence in 4-5 years. The going rate.

and let’s just take 3 million off his price tag and make it....”not elite money”.

is 3 million going to make us a contender?

your stance is just dumb. You never liked dak and this salary thing is just your latest hang up because it’s all you got left.
Go look in the Dez thread from yesterday. You will see a correlation between people who hate dak for no reason and the people posting in there.

phildadon86

Reaction score
When did Dak carry us? Define carried us please.
Playoffs. Seattle. Pretty much this entire season until he was hurt. 2016 all year. I can keep going. But you are going to say W/L stats are a QB stat. Unless we talk about Stafford in which case W/L are then a team stat. You sir are biased. Dont like dak for whatever reason it is.
I think I know. Your display picture shows a lot.
Comparing him to Stafford who has no playoff wins is a joke. Also. Stafford cant beat winning teams. Which is the reason you want Dak gone. lol. So make up your mind. Its ok that you completely looked like the biggest moron on here after Dalton looked like a high school QB. And you will never live that down, whats even worse. Is you wont admit you were wrong even though you know you are. You are just that type of person. Stafford couldnt win with freaking Megatron lol.

You are a joke.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Playoffs. Seattle. Pretty much this entire season until he was hurt. 2016 all year. I can keep going. But you are going to say W/L stats are a QB stat. Unless we talk about Stafford in which case W/L are then a team stat. You sir are biased. Dont like dak for whatever reason it is.
I think I know. Your display picture shows a lot.
Comparing him to Stafford who has no playoff wins is a joke. Also. Stafford cant beat winning teams. Which is the reason you want Dak gone. lol. So make up your mind. Its ok that you completely looked like the biggest moron on here after Dalton looked like a high school QB. And you will never live that down, whats even worse. Is you wont admit you were wrong even though you know you are. You are just that type of person. Stafford couldnt win with freaking Megatron lol.

You are a joke.

If I’m a joke then stop quoting me and crying about it.

phildadon86

Reaction score
If I’m a joke then stop quoting me and crying about it.
You cry about getting a new QB daily. If you didnt post it I wouldnt feel the need to comment on it. We get it. You blame Dak for Dez falling off and have never liked him since. A rookie coming in isnt going to fix this team.

blueblood70

Reaction score
lets say we get a QB and pay him 25M, or are you suggesting to go with bottom of the barrell type QBs? and how is an extra 10-15M going to make this defense great? we signed a bunch of mid level players like griffin, worley, poe, mccoy for about that much and we got what exactly? or do you think one player, one single high priced player (and not sure if 15M will get you that in today's NFL), is going to put this defense over the top?

the discussion about Dak and Daks contract being detrimental to building a defense is so assinine and stupid I don't know where to beging....its like you are in the middle of an ocean, in a tsunami, you see a couple of straws and you feel you are going to be saved!!!! WTTF?

we have not been able to find any defensive players, through FA, signing our own FAs or draft for years now......Hill, LVE, Jaylon Smith, Lawrence, Auwzie, Taco, Poe, Crawford, McCoy, Griffin, Mo Claiborne, Gregory...... you figure if half of those would have worked out, we would have a really good defense.....none of the above are worth it.

we suck at drafting defensive players, no matter where we draft. we suck at handing out over priced contracts to our FA defensive players. we suck at signing FA defensive players. a 100M in cap space for defense alone couldnt' fix this problem. it would be a waste of money.

first off im betting MM and this new staff have some better insight to help Jerry and MCClay make better picks that fit this scheme they have vision to run

so I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt..they made Hill better, Gallimore looks solid, , Diggs was bad pick?

Injurers and suspensions dont count its obvious had Gregory not been suspended hes be a great player 16 games year, LVE is not mistake it happens..

top 5 i doubt we go Defense we trade back stay in top 10 grab another first rounder and make the right choices.. stop being one of THOSE GUYS who think that history says we make the wrong choices..

i didnt say its detrimental to building a better defense but it depends on what the FO wants to do overpay a QB because that what the market calls for or

1. Draft a QB in the top 5 most likely Fields or Trask and start a rebuild and use daks Money for bigtime FA Defender or two

2. Trade down stay in top 10 grab trask and a defender later in the first with the haul you can get

3. Or sign Dak and still trade out of top 5 and sty in top 10 grab best defender in the draft

any of the scenarios make sense but yes paying dak 40 mil given recent history could be hard for the FO to want to do..

we are in a crazy year with the offseason having so many options to mull over a direction..

this really depend son Dak, hes not signed because he would play ball

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
first off im betting MM and this new staff have some better insight to help Jerry and MCClay make better picks that fit this scheme they have vision to run

so I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt..they made Hill better, Gallimore looks solid, , Diggs was bad pick?

Injurers and suspensions dont count its obvious had Gregory not been suspended hes be a great player 16 games year, LVE is not mistake it happens..

top 5 i doubt we go Defense we trade back stay in top 10 grab another first rounder and make the right choices.. stop being one of THOSE GUYS who think that history says we make the wrong choices..

i didnt say its detrimental to building a better defense but it depends on what the FO wants to do overpay a QB because that what the market calls for or

1. Draft a QB in the top 5 most likely Fields or Trask and start a rebuild and use daks Money for bigtime FA Defender or two

2. Trade down stay in top 10 grab trask and a defender later in the first with the haul you can get

3. Or sign Dak and still trade out of top 5 and sty in top 10 grab best defender in the draft

any of the scenarios make sense but yes paying dak 40 mil given recent history could be hard for the FO to want to do..

we are in a crazy year with the offseason having so many options to mull over a direction..

this really depend son Dak, hes not signed because he would play ball
I don't assess the current draft picks as they are in their first year, so at least one full season before starting to pass judgement.

and why past history is not indicator of future, when it comes to a team. not just past few years, but past 25 years (outside of Parcells years, which will be a point I will make). however, recent history, with current scouts, GM, etc. shows we haven't done well. Hill, played better than last year, but then again, the bar was set so low, he couldn't help but get better, but he left a lot to be desired. I refuse to lower the bar, so that I can find excitement or approval of a player. there is NFL standards they have to meet for them and the team to be successful

and in regards to history, its happened now 6 times, first year, maybe two.... Jerry holds back, doesn't interfere, depending on how bad the team is and how close he thinks we are. new regime...he is not pushing his way, but Jerry is Jerry and Jerry will remain Jerry and he will get even more involved faster, since he is now, at his age even more desparate than he was in the past. In parcells, Jerry admited finally he didn't know what he was doing, he even said he learned a lot from parcells how to run and organization. we had a couple of good drafts, and then it went down hill again...as Parcells and Jones relationship deteriorated, FA signings got worse and draft was awful and it continued after, as Jones then felt confident about running drafts....

and btw, I like the idea of trading down and getting more draft picks. ideally drop from top 5 to 10-15 range where you can get an impact player and pick up a 2nd or future 1st in the process.

Qcard

Reaction score
I had to bust @Rockport chops a little given that he's already sizing up Dak's measurements for his HOF jacket, but one of the criticisms I do have on Dak is his pocket awareness and overall his ability to make plays in the pocket.
Are you factoring in the porousness of the Oline since 2017?

Or are you still drinking the "All Pro Oline" koolaid the Dak Haters tried to sell us in order to hate on Dak?

jjktkk

Reaction score
Are you factoring in the porousness of the Oline since 2017?

Or are you still drinking the "All Pro Oline" koolaid the Dak Haters tried to sell us in order to hate on Dak?

Regarding the Cowboys O-Line since 2017, t have not studied stats, but strictly from the eye test I thought the line played at least adequately. Obviously injuries to the O-lLine play a factor, bnd one of Dak's weaknesses, is his pocket awareness, and his ability to escape the pass rush and step up into the pocket to make plays.