Twitter: Dak's stock keeps rising

khiladi

Reaction score
You STILL have not answered my question. I will ask it again:

How did Dallas get Romo a "Championship Roster" by 2016 yet Romo was given the highest contract in NFL history?

Romo wasn’t given the highest contract in NFL history. In fact, his contract allowed for plenty of wiggle room.

khiladi

Reaction score
My favorite part of watching Dallas move the ball with a mediocre DeNucci after Moore decided to abandon his high-school play calling and run the ball and throw in a couple play action passes, aka “Dak play calling”, until the idiocy play calling that led to a well timed blitz by the Eagles resulting in the fumble.

Even a guy like Ben could do what Dak did with less than five years of training!

khiladi

Reaction score
Yeah allowed them to overpay Dez Bryant....great.

So basically you confirmed that Romo wasn’t paid the highest contract in history and in fact, that contract actually set the stage for us to completely revamp the OL and build an all-pro line and RG only to waste it away catering to the mediocre QB that is Dak..

khiladi

Reaction score
Reality is, if Moore didn’t decide to try that high school offense, where he had Zeke taking the snap three times, and then go away from it finally, but then completely abandon the run behind ZACH MARTIN and call a stupid reverse, we most likely could have won the game with a garbage DeNucci at QB. Not difficult... I know..

DeNucci looked his best when Moore actually ran the same play calling they do for Dak, including the comeback routes and even he recognized the isolation routes that Gallup had because of man coverage..

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
So basically you confirmed that Romo wasn’t paid the highest contract in history and in fact, that contract actually set the stage for us to completely revamp the OL and build an all-pro line and RG only to waste it away catering to the mediocre QB that is Dak..
That offensive line was in place before Dak got here but nice try. You want to go down the list of Pro Bowler offensive linemen Romo had in his reign? Gurode? Flozell? Leonard Davis? Fredericks? Zack Martin? Tyron Smith?

khiladi

Reaction score
That offensive line was in place before Dak got here but nice try. You want to go down the list of Pro Bowler offensive linemen Romo had in his reign? Gurode? Flozell? Leonard Davis? Fredericks? Zack Martin? Tyron Smith?

1. So you mean the Romo contract allowed us to build that all pro-line... so we decided to dump Romo when we had an all-pro like finally in place for a mediocre five year experiment at QB and now we have Philbin as OL coach.. Thanks!!

2. So when does pro-bowl equal all-pro?

3. Please tell me how many of these greats even sniffer the pro-bowl without Romo.. Leonard Davis was a bust, Gurode couldn’t even call plays at the line, Marco broke-back Rivera. PLUS Garrett as the play caller..

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
1. So you mean the Romo contract allowed us to build that all pro-line... so we decided to dump Romo when we had an all-pro like finally in place for a mediocre five year experiment at QB and now we have Philbin as OL coach.. Thanks!!

2. So when does pro-bowl equal all-pro?

3. Please tell me how many of these greats even sniffer the pro-bowl without Romo.. Leonard Davis was a bust, Gurode couldn’t even call plays at the line, Marco broke-back Rivera. PLUS Garrett as the play caller..

Just stop with the analogies..

So who the hell did I list that wasn't a All Pro at some point?

DAk's contract won't stop you from signing people if you do what you are suppose to do with the contracts of Cooper, Jaylon, Lawrence, Jaylon, Zeke, Crawford, etc......stop talking about Dak's contract its irrelevant at this point.

khiladi

Reaction score
This joke offense was simplified for Dak over five years. Dak wouldn’t have lasted in any other organization period. We had all the pieces in place, but we decided to dumb down the offense for this ‘victim’.

khiladi

Reaction score
So who the hell did I list that wasn't a All Pro at some point?

DAk's contract won't stop you from signing people if you do what you are suppose to do with the contracts of Cooper, Jaylon, Lawrence, Jaylon, Zeke, Crawford, etc......stop talking about Dak's contract its irrelevant at this point.

Neither Gurode nor Davis were.. to even like Romo’s conditions to Dak’s is a joke.. Romo was masking issues, Dak was being Baby-sit at this teams expense.

Dak had an all pro line that we wasted away to train that average QB. Now we got to rebuild the line and go back to watching Dak bum around when this OL had completely become a wash.

RoboQB

Reaction score
When I read this title from the OP, I can't help but remember how the OP
called members fools for saying Dak will likely command nearly $40mil per year.
Now, it seems he may ask for north of that.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
You STILL have not answered my question. I will ask it again:

How did Dallas get Romo a "Championship Roster" by 2016 yet Romo was given the highest contract in NFL history?

Was that a championship roster? We had an average Defense.

I like to call teams that actually win championships teams with championship rosters.

I don’t think Dallas being 1 and done would qualify. Or did I miss the parade?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Neither Gurode nor Davis were.. to even like Romo’s conditions to Dak’s is a joke..

Dak had an all pro line that we wasted away to train that bum. Now we got to rebuild the line and go back to watching Dak bum around when this OL had completely become a wash.
Leonard Davis and Gurodge were never All Pro's? Please. So Romo had bums in 2014 and 2015? You keep saying stupid stuff just to defend Romo and knock Dak. Damn man why don't you go retire with him in the booth?

Kingofholland

Reaction score
No QB will win without a respectable defense. Yesterday the defense played pretty well for the first time and it's shame we had no offense.

Hard to value Dak after a severe injury even with evidence of the offense falling off a cliff. I think he's headed for the tag again or gets an offer similar to the one last year. Even though he's expected to recover we have no idea if he will be the same when he returns.

Sevenup3000

Reaction score
Was that a championship roster? We had an average Defense.

I like to call teams that actually win championships teams with championship rosters.

I don’t think Dallas being 1 and done would qualify. Or did I miss the parade?

So now we are saying that a Rookie, throw away, "garbage" QB took a average defense and non-championship roster to 13-2 and the best record in the NFC? As a rookie that began camp as 4th string? That is our position?

Great, so Dak Prescott deserves an extension for that alone.

Sevenup3000

Reaction score

khiladi

Reaction score
Leonard Davis and Gurodge were never All Pro's? Please. So Romo had bums in 2014 and 2015? You keep saying stupid stuff just to defend Romo and knock Dak. Damn man why don't you go retire with him in the booth?

No, they weren’t. Gurode was part of the OL that allowed 40 sacks in 10 games in 2006, once Flozell went down. Nobody knew who Gurode was accept for Cowboys fans who constantly were yapping at how awful the line was. Columbo eas a journeyman. Leonard Davis was a complete bust in Arizona for years.