Twitter: Dak's stock keeps rising

khiladi

Reaction score
https://www.atr.org/updated-tony-romo-new-highest-paid-a7539

Oh, and good. Give Dak a contract that "allows for plenty of wiggle room." So we all agree that you can give a massive, franchise deal to your QB and still build a "championship" "elite roster."

Glad we got that out of the way.

No, he was the fifth highest player in the league with his contract. “No state taxes in Texas” nor does “after taxes” have anything to do with how things impact the salary cap. That’s like saying Dak’s endorsement deals are part of his contract, even though that’s a clear benefit for him to stay in Dallas.

And Romo, unlike Dak, was carrying a bum roster, while Dak walked into a situation surrounded by three all-pro linemen and top flight RG and Dallas baby-sat him and all his mistakes for five years. And he’s still mediocre and can’t even score against good defense and on grass where his WRs aren’t beating everybody in man coverage with their speed regularly.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
I wish Dak was still the quarterback.
I wish he had to play behind this offensive line for the past three games.

How did Dak become so great all of a sudden? Seems like it was just last year he was choking and costing us the division title.
Yeah, that was Dak.
1-3 this year, 8-8 last year.
He really had the Cowboys on a roll.

And that was an offensive line of Frederick, Martin, Smith, Collins, and Williams.....Elliott when he was Elliott. He did squat against the above .500 teams.. and feasted on the bottom feeders. Kind of like where Dallas is now. NO thanks, the guy has reached his ceiling, and it is only a 6'6" ceiling...we need at least 10' ceiling. Heck Mahomes is cathedral ceiling..

Sevenup3000

Reaction score
No, he was the fifth highest player in the league with his contract. No state taxes in Texas nor does after taxes has nothing to do with how things impact the salary cap. That’s like saying Dak’s endorsement deals are part of his contract, even though that’s a clear benefit for him to stay in Dallas.

Great...so make Dak the 5th highest player in the NFL and get him the same "elite roster" that we got Romo when he was still on his massive deal.

Glad that we are clearing these things up.

So the next time we hear some idiot say that paying Dak will cause us not to have a elite roster -- you will remind them that Tony Romo got his money and his elite roster -- so no excuses for the Dallas Front Office.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

How did Dak become so great all of a sudden? Seems like it was just last year he was choking and costing us the division title.
Yeah, that was Dak.
:lmao::lmao2::popcorn:

khiladi

Reaction score
And Romo’s contract actually gave them 5 million more to work with. He was at 16.8 million but the new contract put him at 11 million the first year. Dallas actually wanted to come to an extension to get more room to work with.

khiladi

Reaction score
And the salary cap is dropping because of COVID too. Jones is playing a different ball game over all, which is lower what he believes are the inflated salaries of NFL players. There is a reason every player and his mamma want Dak to get paid ridiculous money.

khiladi

Reaction score
Great...so make Dak the 5th highest player in the NFL and get him the same "elite roster" that we got Romo when he was still on his massive deal.

Glad that we are clearing these things up.

So the next time we hear some idiot say that paying Dak will cause us not to have a elite roster -- you will remind them that Tony Romo got his money and his elite roster -- so no excuses for the Dallas Front Office.

Dak had an elite roster that was finally built for Romo, but we wasted five years to train the mediocre QB. So we supposed to rebuild for him, when he’s supposedly been carrying the team that needs to be rebuilt up front?

NumOneQB

Reaction score
Dak had an elite roster that was finally built for Romo, but we wasted five years to train the mediocre QB. So we supposed to rebuild for him, when he’s supposedly been carrying the team that needs to be rebuilt up front?

Finally built? Revisionist history with the Romo crowd as usual. Romo had a helluva squad multiple years during his run.

khiladi

Reaction score
Finally built? Revisionist history with the Romo crowd as usual. Romo had a helluva squad multiple years during his run.

Yeah, I’m sure Romo had the speed like Cooper and Gallup and Ceedee Lamb on the outside all on one.. I mean Ogletree and Laurent Robinson are shoe-ins for the HOF. Marco Rivera, Julius Jones, Patrick Crayton, Columbo, Gurode.. all greatness written all over them..

leeblair

Reaction score
We'll me and the NFL experts will agree to disagree.
You mean the "experts" that all picked the Cowboys to be one of the top teams this season?
Yeah, they really help your argument.
They're too busy sucking up to their networks and cashing their huge paychecks to know what football is about these days.
They won't call it the way it is if it isn't popular.
Too many people have other reasons why they want to see Dak get the next big contract, and it has very little to do with football.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Dak's stock is the same.

The Cowboys aren't a QB away, they're at least 6-7 good defensive players probably more away from being competitive. I'm not saying Dak isn't the guy, but the issues still remain from when he was healthy.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
He wasn't injured against the Jets or Bills, or maybe you forgot.
He passed for 278yrds with an 89.4 QBR against the Jets. Our defense couldn’t stop Darnold who threw for 338 and 2 tds. Against the Bills he threw for 355 yards 2 tds and 1 int with a 91.8 QBR and ran for 25 yards and the Bills ran for 258 yrds. You obviously have no clue.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
You mean the "experts" that all picked the Cowboys to be one of the top teams this season?
Yeah, they really help your argument.
They're too busy sucking up to their networks and cashing their huge paychecks to know what football is about these days.
They won't call it the way it is if it isn't popular.
Too many people have other reasons why they want to see Dak get the next big contract, and it has very little to do with football.
When I talk about the experts I’m not referring to the media talking heads at BSPN :espn: I’m talking about real experts. Like Belichek, Aikman, JJ. Those types.

Mr_Slicky

Reaction score

Yeah, that was Dak.
A lot of people seem to have forgotten that.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
No, he was the fifth highest player in the league with his contract. “No state taxes in Texas” nor does “after taxes” have anything to do with how things impact the salary cap. That’s like saying Dak’s endorsement deals are part of his contract, even though that’s a clear benefit for him to stay in Dallas.

And Romo, unlike Dak, was carrying a bum roster, while Dak walked into a situation surrounded by three all-pro linemen and top flight RG and Dallas baby-sat him and all his mistakes for five years. And he’s still mediocre and can’t even score against good defense and on grass where his WRs aren’t beating everybody in man coverage with their speed regularly.
Reading you haters reasons for hating Dak is like reading Hitlers BS.

renny

Reaction score
When Dak leaves it will be to NEW ORLEANS replacing a retired Brees with a real coach and organization. That will be a scary team.

renny

Reaction score
And then complain about the rest of the team not being good enough. Thats the irony that the pay Dak crowd doesn't want to hear.

We want him to get all the money and we also want to blame the defense, oline, or whatever.

If Dak was as good as you think he is there wouldn't be a huge debate.

People don't debate on the type of QB Patrick Mahomes, Aaron Rodgers, Russel Wilson are...

They debate on guys like Kirk Cousins or Jimmy Garropolo.

Dak Prescott is the lightning rod for this convo because the ones that are delusional enough to say pay him also want to blame everything around him for not being good enough. The people you disagree with also agree that he needs everything but there is only so much "pie" to go around.
You're right Wilson, Rodgers and Mahomes all have a great coaching staff.