Dale Hansen and I exchange emails

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He was railing about all these QBs that have had similar stats as QC and generally on the QC bandwagon about how we must go 16-0 or it will be a disaster of letting QC go and all of this silly stuff..

My email to him...

================
First off the comparisons you were making on the ticket today (8/16/2004) were silly....QC was not those other QBs and QC started before many of those on your list so he had more playing exp during those first three years.

However this is really the final word and no matter how much you want to argue about the situation, no matter the conspiracy theories you may wish to throw out there it makes no difference because the bottom line is this...

If QC was that good, if the team thought he had more upside, he would still be on this team no matter the drug problems and no matter what Bill says about it not making a difference.

Last but not least....PLEASE tell me all of this whining you do on this topic (and others) is nothing more then a "Bit"...please tell me it is just a bit to get people fired up because it just seems so out there that it really is hard to take you serious if you are really trying to be serious.

BTW thank you and Norm for being the only two that I have found on the ticket that actually talk about sports for the majority of your program.

Listener via the net from West Virginia.

Thanks.

===================================

His reply....I guess the old guy is not computer friendly
:D

the stats were not silly ... becuz MOST of the stats i was citing were starters ... and even if they weren't starting .. what's the difference ???? young quarterbacks throw interceptions

and you're rite ... if parcells thot he was GREAT ... he would still be here ... and i'm sorry ... but it's not a bit ... i'm tired and disgusted by the criticism of a player when so much of it ... not all .. but much of it has nothing to do with how he plays

and that's why it's not silly ... someone needs to shine a light on the dark side of this society ... and i do

plus try to talk sports a little more than others

============================

My Reply...

If a few emails by a few "haters" or flat out Racist...blinds you to the bad QB play by QC.

Then maybe, just maybe, you should take a valium and ignore some of them.

Not being sarcastic at all....but with everything in sports you will have those that go to the extreme ends on a player...the super haters and the super lovers of a player ala QC.

For the most part it will make life much easier for all if some would just ignore those that are clearly supporting or hating QC just because of his race...BOTH sides are so biased that they will never see the good or bad, and even if they do see it, they will ignore it.

Either way, thanks for replying to my email....just take your valium and chill out before we all hear a ticket update about how you had a heart attack or stroke on the station while screaming on about something that really does not make much difference to the cowboys anymore....QC. :)

One last thing...the whole they better go 16-0 for this season angle...that is the type of extreme action that is well above your skills, intellect and age.

Take Care and Thanks again,

===========================================

His reply....

well you don't know my skills and intellect apparently ... sarcasm works for me .... and by loving the good sarcastic "bit" as much as i do ... it helps me ignore the age

you never grow old if you never grow up ... and i won't

but if they won 10 in spite of carter ... and lost 6 becuz of carter ... they SHOULD go 16 and 0

dale'

===========================

My Reply...

Aha....so part of it IS a "Bit" which is what I was asking about in the previous email.

That makes me feel so much better....really...I thought the old guy was losing his marbles.

Once again...if you believe the idiots that think we only won 10 despite Carter and only lost 6 because of Carter....then maybe you are once again letting those "idiots" get the better of you and your blood pressure.

Better way to deal with the idiots is not give them the attention they crave.

Lowering yourself to their standards...only makes for silly shock radio...and once again I have heard enough of your shows before to know you are much better.

But to each his own...maybe you really like those emails and thrive on them to give you something to scream about on your next show.

Either way take care.

==============================

His last reply and then I never replied as it was enough for me....

i do like the e-mails .... and i always take care ... you too

dale'

================================

So in the end most of his stuff is a bit...even though he does get aggitated by all of it, yet he is still the one who keeps it going as part of his bit.

Either way I just like him better when he is on other topics instead of keeping on the same thing over and over and over.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Just a few thoughts.

It surprised me seeing a man Hansen's age using so many cyber style abbreviations. Not that there is anything wrong with it, and certainly it makes sense someone who gets so many emails would learn the shorthand, but the "thot" and the "becuz" are amusing here, considering the age factor.

I would like to believe this man's defense of Quincy was motivated by what he so often claimed it was: a sense of outrage at that segment of the fanbase, whatever it's size, that were so obviously biased against him from the start. I read enough "I am not defending Carter's play - I am a critic of those of his detractors who judge him by a double standard", to have thought he was sincere. But if it was all something of a gimmick, a ratings ploy, a deliberate attempt to keep the controversy swirling, then it's a shame, if it is so. "Someone needs to shine a light on the dark side of society" is most certainly correct, Dale , but if you weren't doing it out of a sense of injustice, a fundamental comittment to fair play, but only to keep the pot stirred, what does that make you? A media *****, nothing more.

That segment of the fanbase most certainly did need to be called out, and Carter, regardless of his faults, did "deserve" that particular defense. But if Hansen was doing nothing more than inflame the rednecks for ratings purposes, he was never a "supporter" of Carter, or of any of us. I have heard this man refer to himself at least a half a dozen times as "an old, fat, white guy" in a blatant attempt to shame his audence into realizing we all need to look at ourselves, our ethno-centric perspectives, our white privilege and our biases. In the end, tho, "an old, fat, white guy" is exactly what I began to suspect Hansen was. I suspect he has no more desire to change the status quo than the least enlightened of his audience, only those folks aren't in a position to manipulate public opinion like he is.

Another phony. So what else is new?

TLW47

Reaction score
Dale Hansen is an old fat white guy.

Still he's the only sportcaster I liked when I lived in Dallas because he wasn't on Jerry's payroll (remember how he got fired on the radio broadcasts) and I always thought he had the best Cowboys coverage.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LaTunaNostra said:
Just a few thoughts.

It surprised me seeing a man Hansen's age using so many cyber style abbreviations. Not that there is anything wrong with it, and certainly it makes sense someone who gets so many emails would learn the shorthand, but the "thot" and the "becuz" are amusing here, considering the age factor.

I would like to believe this man's defense of Quincy was motivated by what he so often claimed it was: a sense of outrage at that segment of the fanbase, whatever it's size, that were so obviously biased against him from the start. I read enough "I am not defending Carter's play - I am a critic of those of his detractors who judge him by a double standard", to have thought he was sincere. But if it was all something of a gimmick, a ratings ploy, a deliberate attempt to keep the controversy swirling, then it's a shame, if it is so. "Someone needs to shine a light on the dark side of society" is most certainly correct, Dale , but if you weren't doing it out of a sense of injustice, a fundamental comittment to fair play, but only to keep the pot stirred, what does that make you? A media *****, nothing more.

That segment of the fanbase most certainly did need to be called out, and Carter, regardless of his faults, did "deserve" that particular defense. But if Hansen was doing nothing more than inflame the rednecks for ratings purposes, he was never a "supporter" of Carter, or of any of us. I have heard this man refer to himself at least a half a dozen times as "an old, fat, white guy" in a blatant attempt to shame his audence into realizing we all need to look at ourselves, our ethno-centric perspectives, our white privilege and our biases. In the end, tho, "an old, fat, white guy" is exactly what I began to suspect Hansen was. I suspect he has no more desire to change the status quo than the least enlightened of his audience, only those folks aren't in a position to manipulate public opinion like he is.

Another phony. So what else is new?

Good takes and all along I imagined they were bits so he was doing nothing but "Shock Jock" tactics to get a great reaction...plus most on the ticket were not for Carter while he was and Galloway as well so he helped carve his little nitch knowing it would get negative reactions...and in radio negative reactions to what is said equals ratings.

Funny thing is that he does indeed act like a bitter old man in other areas, he does incite negative reactions with his "I am a rebel not going to take crap" type attitude...yet at other times he makes very sound points without going to extreme measures.

This too makes me think that most of the stuff he does negative is once again just a bit ...he knows his good points will score well and the bit points will encite reaction.

Which is really sad IMO because as I told him...Norm and himself are really the only guys on the ticket that more often then not stick to sports.

Oh well...at the very least he answers his emails and some at the ticket are very good at doing that so that is a positive IMO...Norm or his assistant have also answered my emails on numerous occasions.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Good takes and all along I imagined they were bits so he was doing nothing but "Shock Jock" tactics to get a great reaction...plus most on the ticket were not for Carter while he was and Galloway as well so he helped carve his little nitch knowing it would get negative reactions...and in radio negative reactions to what is said equals ratings.

Funny thing is that he does indeed act like a bitter old man in other areas, he does incite negative reactions with his "I am a rebel not going to take crap" type attitude...yet at other times he makes very sound points without going to extreme measures.

This too makes me think that most of the stuff he does negative is once again just a bit ...he knows his good points will score well and the bit points will encite reaction.

Which is really sad IMO because as I told him...Norm and himself are really the only guys on the ticket that more often then not stick to sports.

Oh well...at the very least he answers his emails and some at the ticket are very good at doing that so that is a positive IMO...Norm or his assistant have also answered my emails on numerous occasions.

He and Norm (not Norv) are the only ones I can listen to for more than ten minutes. And ONLYy when they do sports. I don't know how a radio station can bill itself as "sports" radio and do so little sports. Sports radio I am familiar with is sports 24/7, and even the stray movie reference is challenged by a caller as irrelevant. I usually just rely on TrickBlue's summaries of Spags' Ranch Reports now. I really don't want to patronize that station in any way.

Maybe I was a little harsh on Henson, but if he is so enlightened, what is he even doing at the Ticket? The tone there is clear enough, the "humour" aimed enough (they've been playing that Snoop Dog Grammy goof every three minutes since March, was it really funny after the first time?") It's Redneck Radio thru and thru. Like every product or service, there is a target audience and the demographic, judging by the discourse, "humour" and calls is heavily weighted with just that element Hansen purports to "shed light on". Hansen I have found to be just as provincial, culturally limited, and narrow minded as the rest of them. Only his neanderthal takes come after a sarcastic reminder of how progressive he is. LOL

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LaTunaNostra said:
He and Norm (not Norv) are the only ones I can listen to for more than ten minutes. And ONLYy when they do sports. I don't know how a radio station can bill itself as "sports" radio and do so little sports. Sports radio I am familiar with is sports 24/7, and even the stray movie reference is challenged by a caller as irrelevant. I usually just rely on TrickBlue's summaries of Spags' Ranch Reports now. I really don't want to patronize that station in any way.

Maybe I was a little harsh on Henson, but if he is so enlightened, what is he even doing at the Ticket? The tone there is clear enough, the "humour" aimed enough (they've been playing that Snoop Dog Grammy goof every three minutes since March, was it really funny after the first time?") It's Redneck Radio thru and thru. Like every product or service, there is a target audience and the demographic, judging by the discourse, "humour" and calls is heavily weighted with just that element Hansen purports to "shed light on". Hansen I have found to be just as provincial, culturally limited, and narrow minded as the rest of them. Only his neanderthal takes come after a sarcastic reminder of how progressive he is. LOL

As far as the Snoopy grammy thing....they are called drops...and they are just played (I imagine) over and over on the internet in place of some commericals.

Your take on the Neck Radio is a good one IMO....I really am surprised they have not got in trouble with some of the obvious lines they have said or used and then act like it is all OK because they made a funny.

I too have found that normally all I listen to anymore is Norm and Dale on occasion...I find myself listening to the 103.3 ESPN station over the net more...even though that Brian Estridge (SP?) is about an idiot.

And those emails that I wrote were just the proof I needed IMO to validate the feelings I have had about Dale.....he is just an old fickle guy that plays it up for the ratings.
He is a guy that has the mentality of...I am a bad mofo and I do not care who knows it LOL....when in fact he has more bark then he will ever have bite.

Norm on the other hand I get a kick out of....sometimes he gets so excited about a story or even a promo he is doing that you can actually here him slobbering like he is in post orgasmic bliss HAHA.