Video: Dallas and Dak Don't Show Up – NFL Wild Card Playoff Weekend | Kurt Warner Game Tape Breakdown

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
This confirms a few things. First, Dak is making bad decisions. But also Moore is designing poor plays. I am becoming more convinced than ever that Kellen Moore is the problem with Dak and he needs a better OC and QB coach.

Fake news! The problem with anyone is brought on by themselves. The problem with Dak is Dak.

Haimerej

Reaction score
Did I dispute that there were missed reads by the QB? Did I dispute that other teams don't also repeat plays?

You're manufacturing talking points to argue against that I never actually said.

It's pretty clearly pointed out in this video that this particular route concept was snuffed out well by the Niners/Fred Warner, yet Moore repeatedly kept going to it. Whether other teams repeat plays is irrelevant to that point. Whether Dak missed some reads is irrelevant to that point. Reading is your friend.

Yes... reading is your friend.

Let me repeat-

"there were missed reads by the QB in those repeated plays."

Yes, Warner played it well. But again- there were guys open.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
We didn't show up. Have at it.

this was a mixed bag, that pointed to Dak missing throws, but play designs and route combinations were bad too. not sure if the team lost confidence in Moore since nobody was on the same page.....Dak carries some of the blame for sure, but not all of it.

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
Yes... reading is your friend.

Let me repeat-

"there were missed reads by the QB in those repeated plays."

Yes, Warner played it well. But again- there were guys open.

The issue on this particular concept that Kurt Warner pointed out three times in the video was not a misread. The issue was a route concept designed for man that Dallas kept running against zone, that San Francisco had studied and defended flawlessly. There were plenty of other missed reads by the quarterback throughout the game. Nobody is disputing that. So I don't know why you keep bringing it up. That is an entirely separate issue from how the Niners shut down this one specific route concept and why the Cowboys kept going to it. What part of all of this is so confusing for you?

J_Allen

Reaction score
It was obvious watching the game the Cowboys didn’t show up. They came out flat right off the bat. You would have never thought it was a playoff game for them.

It wasn't a playoff game for them. It was a game where they show up and then go home as quick as they can. They have never been interested in playing in the postseason because they're all losers. Every single one of them except for Parsons.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
The offensive side of the team has to make some drastic change. They knew this is how the Niners were going to play them since everybody has played us this way since the Denver game. Yet they didn't do a thing. I don't know if it's just arrogance or what but if you know your offense isn't good against a style of defense, you need to adjust. And before some of you say, Dak sucks and just get a new QB, that wasn't a realistic solution mid season.

Amari alluded to this in one of his interviews where he said the offense need to make changes to let the players do what they are good at. Looking back at it now, I think he was taking a shot at KM and Dak. Basically saying "Kellen, Dak has trouble with this type of looks, make some changes. I can beat this type of coverage if you throw me the damn ball ".

Basically saying "Kellen, Dak has trouble with this type of looks, make some changes. I can beat this type of coverage if you throw me the damn ball “.

I think you are onto something......

mahoneybill

Reaction score
I have said it for years Dak is afraid of throwing interceptions. He won't throw unless the receiver is "college open" pro open is a different thing. He needs some more gunslinger attitude at times.

I have said it for years Dak is afraid of throwing interceptions

Bingo. Sure looks that way on many occasions

Steve007

Reaction score
Nah, wait till next year as Coop and Gallup will be gone the offline older and Zeke slower........
Prescott will be booed at home on a regular basis.
I've already increased by Bourbon order as the upcoming "best of Dak" demands it!

P.S.Between the refs and fans he will be lucky to make it to the locker room....
It will be worse after next year. Dak cap hit grows. The cowboys will have to restructure contracts like crazy, but it's going to catch up with them. When this team falls from these bad contracts it's going to be ugly.

Zman5

Reaction score
this was a mixed bag, that pointed to Dak missing throws, but play designs and route combinations were bad too. not sure if the team lost confidence in Moore since nobody was on the same page.....Dak carries some of the blame for sure, but not all of it.

Definitely. As I posted, most QBs have issues when the defense play coverage and can get to the QB with 4. It's not just unique to Dak.
Question is, can HC, OC and Dak fix this by next season because this is what we are going to get from opponents until we beat it. Dak being able to get of the pocket quickly and throwing accurately on the run will help but there has to be more improvements next year.

Nexx

Reaction score
I have said it for years Dak is afraid of throwing interceptions. He won't throw unless the receiver is "college open" pro open is a different thing. He needs some more gunslinger attitude at times.

hence why the offense gets going when he has no choice but to start ripping it

Wolfpack

Reaction score
Thanks for posting, Kurt's stuff is great to watch.

I know Dak has poor foot work and is a slow read but the play design was a revelation for me. KM can go coach the Jags, we need a legit OC and OQ coach.

Birch_Wood

Reaction score
What I got from Kurt's teaching:
-Holding the ball too long
-not reading the coverage accurately
-not aware whose coming in hot
-Kellen Moore has a beautiful mind

Haimerej

Reaction score
The issue on this particular concept that Kurt Warner pointed out three times in the video was not a misread. The issue was a route concept designed for man that Dallas kept running against zone, that San Francisco had studied and defended flawlessly. There were plenty of other missed reads by the quarterback throughout the game. Nobody is disputing that. So I don't know why you keep bringing it up. That is an entirely separate issue from how the Niners shut down this one specific route concept and why the Cowboys kept going to it. What part of all of this is so confusing for you?

I'll say I was mistaken in saying he missed reads on all of them, but there's no doubt the plays worked.

12:48 in the video is the first time he brings it up. It's a completion to Amari Cooper because the LB went with the corner route.

14:36 they run it again, another completion. I would argue the corner route would be the better option because the CB stayed low and Schultz had leverage on the LB, perfect example of the high/low concept he refers to in beating zone.

16:40 Dak makes a great throw, beating Warner to the spot and hitting CD Lamb for a big gain.

So there's the 3 plays that you said they, "defended flawlessly."