Dallas Cowboys: A sobering two-deep defensive look before free agency

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Any comment he makes tends to baffle the whole board. Don’t feel alone. If you can figure out the contents of his comment , please interpret so that the rest of us can understand.
I think his avatar should just be a picture of a bicycle helmet.

ondaedg

Reaction score
Best guess.

Our defense not being any good over the last past decade. Blame the defense, its our scapegoat, as usual.

But that's just a guess. Questions still remain.

Since 2011 the defense is:
32nd in INTs
27th takeaways
31st comp percentage allowed
23rd sacks
27th QB Rating allowed
29th total return tds
32nd KR tds
22nd PR tds
31st INT return tds
25th in 4th qtr points allowed

Meanwhile teams like NE are near the top of all those categories. Pretty compelling.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Since 2011 the defense is:
32nd in INTs
27th takeaways
31st comp percentage allowed
23rd sacks
27th QB Rating allowed
29th total return tds
32nd KR tds
22nd PR tds
31st INT return tds
25th in 4th qtr points allowed

Meanwhile teams like NE are near the top of all those categories. Pretty compelling.
We've sucked on the defensive side of the ball for awhile now, but some people don't want to hear that.

conner01

Reaction score
do we have a game tomorrow? I dont get it ? yes its sobering that this was so premature it isnt worth debating.. we have yet to assemble a team for 2020..

meh:facepalm:
The point I think is this is gonna be tough
Lots of turnover, some from FA and some from draft
The draft has to be a homerun
FA has to net some talented guys
Who we keep and who we bring in is gonna be huge decisions
This won’t be easy

Techsass

Reaction score
I own a copy. The wife doesn't like it...
I was too young to get in to see it when it came out. Never did get around to it. I think that was pre-VCR days, but color TVs were everywhere already. (even tho you could probably still buy a new B&W TV at Sears)

Or am I thinking of a different movie?

Last edited:

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I was too young to get in to see it when it came out. Never did get around to it. I think that was pre-VCR days, but color TVs were everywhere already. (even tho you could probably still buy a new B&W TV at Sears)

Or am I thinking of a different movie?
91oonEtWncL._SY445_.jpg

kskboys

Reaction score
Any comment he makes tends to baffle the whole board. Don’t feel alone. If you can figure out the contents of his comment , please interpret so that the rest of us can understand.
Easy stuff. He's saying you shouldn't stereotype a ring tap, since no one knows what in hades it is anyway, and so we might be offending Rosie O'Donnell or something.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
So wait, do you understand what happened? Can you explain it to me?

The OP has a history of wigging out every time someone says something negative about the team in general. Me thinks he deals with enough negativity on a daily basis and when he comes here for an escape it’s just more of the same. I’d send him a case of beer if I knew his address just because, well because it’s a band-aide for shrapnel wounds to say the least.. Hoooorah!!!!

blueblood70

Reaction score
The point I think is this is gonna be tough
Lots of turnover, some from FA and some from draft
The draft has to be a homerun
FA has to net some talented guys
Who we keep and who we bring in is gonna be huge decisions
This won’t be easy
tough? teams do this every season, we turned over nearly 70% of our team from 2015 to 2017..thats why we drafted and were young for this new era started in 2016 , now the defense 4 years later needs an overhaul but this isnt new most deals last 4 years on average so not a lot of overlap when you just went through so much change in 2016..in fact I think its a plus for Nolan and MM because now they can handpick new players to fir their scheme..

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Crawford, Collins, Jelks, Gregory, probably four or five others between free agency and the draft.

Let’s relax and give them time to build this team. If we look like this a week or two before the first preseason game, THEN I’ll panic.

NAW, probably not even then...

If we look like this a week or two before the first preseason game, it's probably two late.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Yeah the 2 deep is crap and some of the starters need to be replaced: #25, #24...#54, #55 might be injury concerns just to add to the situation.

All you hear is when Dak n Amari getting signed. This organization refuses to field a good defense. They have habitually neglected defense in favor of offense and that strategy has been fruitless. This season DAL had a top ranked offense, yet finished 8-8.

Offense is fine... actually they've gone overboard on offensive resources. Time to build a tough, nasty defense...it's past time.

ondaedg

Reaction score
Yeah the 2 deep is crap and some of the starters need to be replaced: #25, #24...#54, #55 might be injury concerns just to add to the situation.

All you hear is when Dak n Amari getting signed. This organization refuses to field a good defense. They have habitually neglected defense in favor of offense and that strategy has been fruitless. This season DAL had a top ranked offense, yet finished 8-8.

Offense is fine... actually they've gone overboard on offensive resources. Time to build a tough, nasty defense...it's past time.

With a different coaching perspective too!

ShiningStar

Reaction score
i said it before i stand by it, im just waiting for MM and crew to decide what to do, they are going to look at film, break down what does and what doesnt work. than we have to work within the roster, FA and draft, so i dont expect a lot of personnel changes, but hopefully stream lining the defense.

maybe they can get more out of ssome players and get rid of some, hopefully even bring in some draftees to cultivate.

as of right now im thrilled with the new staff. lets see waht they can do

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Perfect reason/time to wig out? Until then, I’m easy like a Sunday morning...

To each his own but just saying, this is exactly the approach this team has taken for years. If they continue to do that this time, with a new Coaching Staff, what has really changed. Be easy if that is what you want to do but you can't complain in you are complicit in acceptance of the problem. That's all I'm saying.