Dallas Cowboys- culture over content

willia451

Reaction score
You guys are insane. Almost nothing would I enjoy more than to log on one day, and have zero posts in months. What the hell are you doing?

This is going nowhere. How many years do u need?

Incredible.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I have 8th row seats behind the Cowboys bench. This has not been my experience. All the fans in my section are loud and up all the time. The stadium was loud at all of the games I went to this year, except the Broncos.

Don't know why this myth is parroted on here all the time. Jerry has his faults on the sunlight part of the stadium, but he has not run off good fans that I can see.
I don’t imagine you can see them as they aren’t there. He ran us off from Texas Stadium.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When people blame Jerry it's for a reason. Jerry's here to make money. He's achieved everything a living owner could possibly do....3 World Championships and he's enshrined in the HOF for eternity.

Players come to Dallas and it's current culture tells them, they've arrived! They get the best facilities, first class accomodations, premier exposure, and historical presence from a storied franchise. They immediately get this without ever putting in any effort.

This entitled culture must end. This team was loaded with talent yet they were one-and-done in the playoffs.

Culture over content.....your thoughts?

Jerry is no longer here to make money. He's already made more money than he and his progeny can spend in their lifetimes. Jerry is here to build a super bowl champion and he's been at it since the 90's dynasty fell apart. All the money does is buy him a lack of consequences for his failures.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Jerry is no longer here to make money. He's already made more money than he and his progeny can spend in their lifetimes. Jerry is here to build a super bowl champion and he's been at it since the 90's dynasty fell apart. All the money does is buy him a lack of consequences for his failures.
Yep

The record revenue provides him the means to continue his selfish ways.

I’ve been arguing on these forums for the last 14 years that the only way to challenge his ways is at the box office & cash registers. Otherwise we lose.

J_Allen

Reaction score
Switzer winning the SB set this in motion. Anybody remember Jerry and Barry holding the Lombardi and shouting we did it our way baby. Jerry wouldn't let go of the trophy and they basically were having a tug of war over it. He wanted credit , he wanted to be in the limelight he wanted to be a "football" guy. So not only have some of our coaches been traing on the spot with no previous experience so has Jerry Jones and he hasn't gotten any better in the bubble that is the Cowboys front office.

And everyone who saw that Super Bowl knew it was the very end for the Cowboys and super bowls. No one knew it would be this long.

J_Allen

Reaction score
That's what some of these players have to go. You didn't show up in the playoff game last week? You make over 10 million a year? You're gone.

I'm sick of this ****. Demarcus lawrence, amari cooper, Ezekiel Elliott all need to go.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I thought people came here to see the Jerry World Art Museum and could care less about the game going on inside.
and it isnt even art lol. I doubt anyone likes that except the one who bought that crap.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Watching the playoffs this weekend I haven’t seen a team we would have beaten. Not sure why so many fans are upset we didn’t go further in playoffs?
yeah I thought that too, especially the kc buff game
Dallas is way behind kc and buffalo, and several others are several levels above cowboys.

doomsday808

Reaction score
It sure feels that way....I've been to two games there and had great club seats both times....when I got up to scream on a 3rd down I was one of only a few in the sections and got looked at like I was nuts....

So odd after living in Baltimore for a number of years and seeing that stadium
It is really odd and frustrating watching it on TV. The first 50 rows are sitting down in their comfy $3,000 per ticket recliners looking up at the big TV in the sky instead of the game that is happening right in front of them. Only a few, but most don't seem engaged at all.

GMO415

Reaction score
That's what some of these players have to go. You didn't show up in the playoff game last week? You make over 10 million a year? You're gone.

I'm sick of this ****. Demarcus lawrence, amari cooper, Ezekiel Elliott all need to go.
Everyone player this weekend was Hungry. It showed.

According to MM our players were nervous? They are weak minded!

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Everyone player this weekend was Hungry. It showed.

According to MM our players were nervous? They are weak minded!

They (inwardly) suspect that they're victims of their team's culture, just like the fans are.

They'll never admit that they're simply fronting for JJ. That'd make any player "nervous."

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
The culture here is a no-accountability, excuse-making machine, starting at the very top and dripping like maple syrup down a stack of pancakes. The owner/GM makes excuses for himself and his kids not putting a product on the field that wins in the playoffs.

He just hires and fires the wrong people over and over. Since the last time we were in a conf championship, we’ve had 6 different HCs, 7 different offensive coordinators, 8 different DCs, over 70 different assistant coaches…and 1 completely unaccountable GM.

There’s a very simple truth behind all our problems: Just because you are rich enough to own the Cowboys doesn’t mean you and your kids are qualified to be “football people” running the Cowboys. If he didn’t have Will McClay helping with draft, this would be a contender for the worst franchise in football.
:hammer::hammer:

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
We are not too far removed the luliness from the JG decade. It's going to take time to turn it around. No excuses next year.

Day one Dak and this entire team should be stating "it's not about the journey. It's about a championship."
I have long maintained the 2nd biggest mistake Jerry made was staying in bed with JG too long.

Flamma

Reaction score
When people blame Jerry it's for a reason. Jerry's here to make money. He's achieved everything a living owner could possibly do....3 World Championships and he's enshrined in the HOF for eternity.

Players come to Dallas and it's current culture tells them, they've arrived! They get the best facilities, first class accomodations, premier exposure, and historical presence from a storied franchise. They immediately get this without ever putting in any effort.

This entitled culture must end. This team was loaded with talent yet they were one-and-done in the playoffs.

Culture over content.....your thoughts?

I would try to entice Bill Cowher out of retirement. I can't imagine this going on with him as coach.

Creeper

Reaction score
2021 was the first year in the last 26 when I saw them make moves during the season to improve the team. Cutting Jaylon Smith was a bold move. Benching Connor Williams was also a bold move. It just was not enough.

TheHerd

Reaction score
The weird thing about Jerry is that he's the only owner, as far I can recount, who actually DID play the game at a high level. Co-captain of a national championship college team.