Dallas Cowboys Games On Vhs!!

Jon88

Benched
Reaction score
TheHustler said:
if you're selling them, thats very very illegal.

You're right, but since the NFL isn't exactly hurting for money, I really don't see a problem with it.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you are selling them, what is the going rate for a game? Is it more for a playoff game? Shipping costs? Details man details!

stag hunter

Hater
Reaction score
on the ethical scale of relativity, selling someone a vhs tape of a football game ranks a little bit less than downloading music. The NFL's income is not based on selling copies of old games, so realistically they are not being harmed by the bootleg sale of those tapes. If you were selling copies of the '93 cowboys championship team highlights, which is sold by the nfl for profit, you'd be hurting their income. But he's not, so i think the hustler should chill out.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Copyright infringement is against the law.

It doesn't matter if you think they won't miss the cash. they own the rights and therefore have the right to not want someone selling their product.

How you can justify this is how the youth of today justify stealing music.

Stealing is stealing. No matter what you think the circumstances are.

mocowboyfan

Reaction score
I've got game tapes going back much beyond that. And they are not for sale. Besides, who beside me would want them? Sometimes the "drunken" finger stayed on the pause button too long after a commercial.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
mocowboyfan said:
I've got game tapes going back much beyond that. And they are not for sale. Besides, who beside me would want them? Sometimes the "drunken" finger stayed on the pause button too long after a commercial.
Ha ha!

I only have last years games, but I will give them for copying to any Cowboys fan. Especially any who where in military overseas last year.

Always hated selling of game tapes, and not just because of the ethical issue, which is most certainly relevant, even on a "tiny scale" . Unless you think theft of intellectual or entertainment property should only be a crime for the Chinese.

I think they should, like books we cherish, be shared, not sold . Entrepreneurship is great, but has to have some limits that transcend the ebay mentality. Has to be something you feel is too valuable to sell.

I put that limit on family members and football tapes.

If you got tapes, SHARE THEM.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
As much as I would love reliving watching the Cowboys lose game after game in the late 90's, I will have to pass.

ghst187

Reaction score
can't we download them illegally somewhere for free?

Jon88

Benched
Reaction score
stag hunter said:
on the ethical scale of relativity, selling someone a vhs tape of a football game ranks a little bit less than downloading music. The NFL's income is not based on selling copies of old games, so realistically they are not being harmed by the bootleg sale of those tapes. If you were selling copies of the '93 cowboys championship team highlights, which is sold by the nfl for profit, you'd be hurting their income. But he's not, so i think the hustler should chill out.

Totally agree, and The Hustler should change his name to "The Tight *ss."

TheHustler

Reaction score
if you guys have no morals that is your own problem.

this is different than downloading music. this is copying a song from the radio and selling it for profit.

you guys think its okay because the nfl wont miss it? then steal a pack of gum from safeway. no, make it some candy. no, lets make it a steak or two. no, how about an entire load of groceries? forget that, just commit armed robbery.

illegal is illegal. who are you to decide what amount of illegality is okay?

someone should lock this thread asap as the site owner can be considered liable.

thor_01

Reaction score
TheHustler said:
if you guys have no morals that is your own problem.

this is different than downloading music. this is copying a song from the radio and selling it for profit.

you guys think its okay because the nfl wont miss it? then steal a pack of gum from safeway. no, make it some candy. no, lets make it a steak or two. no, how about an entire load of groceries? forget that, just commit armed robbery.

illegal is illegal. who are you to decide what amount of illegality is okay?

someone should lock this thread asap as the site owner can be considered liable.

hey i applaude your level of integrity, and having been a peace officer for the state of Texas for over 20 years it is refreshing to meet someone who has your moral attitude............

but this is the Cowboys we are talking about, so are them tapes free or what lmao

Big D

Reaction score
mocowboyfan said:

how far back? I'd sure be interested in seeing them!