News: Dallas Cowboys not considering release of LB JSmith to create salary cap room

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
This would require Jerry and Stephen to admit they’re wrong and got taken to the cleaners by Jaylon and his agent.

so they won’t do it.

I think they honestly think in a better scheme/coach they can fix Jaylon and the linebackers. We saw how quick they cut guys like Dontari and traded Griffen last year.

I honestly believe they still have faith in Jaylon and not only that but they like him. That goes a long way right or wrong here. Ask Tyrone Crawford.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I think they honestly think in a better scheme/coach they can fix Jaylon and the linebackers. We saw how quick they cut guys like Dontari and traded Griffen last year.

I honestly believe they still have faith in Jaylon and not only that but they like him. That goes a long way right or wrong here. Ask Tyrone Crawford.

I hope Quinn can at least get him playing ok again.

He has one more season to do it. I do think he is gone next year if not.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I want this team to cut someone who is considered a "leader" and a "Cornerstone" this may finally establish something that has been missing since Jimmy. Accountability.
They can't do that because they don't even hold themselves accountable. They can't fire the GM. They won't fire the head coach......they fired Nolan but that was easy. That's usually the first one to go with the Jones's.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I hope Quinn can at least get him playing ok again.

He has one more season to do it. I do think he is gone next year if not.
I could see that. Next year. Jerry still wants to be right on Jaylon. That's my thinking anyway. And I'm sure Quinn got the job hyping up what he can do for Jaylon, LVE, etc.

Plankton

Reaction score
They don't have to. They can create $14 million of room by restructuring Amari Cooper's deal and by re-doing Zeke's and Zack Martin's they can approach $50 million of cap room. That's enough to tag Dak if they need to and add a couple bargain free agents like they always do.

Cutting Smith creates a ton of dead money and nobody's trading for him with that contract. Dallas' only hope is to cross their fingers that Dan Quinn's scheme suits Jaylon better.

Elliott's contract should not be looked at as one for a restructure. He's likely gone after the 2022 season - pushing more cap charge toward that year and more dead money is a bad idea.

Cutting Jaylon Smith would actually save the Cowboys 400k against the 2021 cap with no additional dead money beyond this season. His 9.4M in dead money is sunk cost and overall irrelevant to whether he should be on the roster or not.

ondaedg

Reaction score

They = JJ. One look at the tape and noone on the coaching staff is going to shed a tear if he is let go.

Plankton

Reaction score
giphy.gif

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
I want this team to cut someone who is considered a "leader" and a "Cornerstone" this may finally establish something that has been missing since Jimmy. Accountability.
When did Jimmy ever cut a leader or cornerstone player? The answer is never. He churned the scrubs at the bottom of the roster if he needed to make an example of somebody.

phildadon86

Reaction score
When did Jimmy ever cut a leader or cornerstone player? The answer is never. He churned the scrubs at the bottom of the roster if he needed to make an example of somebody.
You telling me if Woods came out and made that comment about effort that he wouldnt have had access to the facility the next day? lol

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
They = JJ. One look at the tape and noone on the coaching staff is going to shed a tear if he is let go.
Not from the sound of things. They tend to believe his issues don't stem from him. I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with you...I'm just telling you how Jerry and co. will spin this.

KDM256

Reaction score

Is that's the case, Sean Lee's fragile *** would have been gone long ago. Along with Tyrone "Tweener" Crawford. But the circle jerk here for these lovable losers has been strong for quite some time. Jaylon is just low hanging fruit at this point.