News: Dallas Cowboys not considering release of LB JSmith to create salary cap room

fivetwos

Reaction score
Seriously its as if certain guys on this team walk on water.

More positive reinforcement off bad play.

I truly think Jerry thinks these guys will perform because they owe him. Doesn't work that way with pro athletes.

I guess if Garrett got 10 years to learn on the job Jerry needs 30 to figure out that he isnt the guy for the job.

DenCWBY

Reaction score
The whole Jaylon cut thing was media created. The guy played over 90% of the snaps at Linebacker while the next guy was injured and played only half the games. I bet they pick up LVE 5th year option too.
Yep the reason he remained healthy throughout the year, he ran away from any initial blocking or ball carrier contact and then jumped on the scrum pile after contact was made. Great way to stay healthy while "leading" the worst D in the NFL.

Mannix

Reaction score
-------I want this team to cut someone who is considered a "leader" and a "Cornerstone" this may finally establish something that has been missing since Jimmy. Accountability.

If it were already next Monday, this would be March's early candidate for post of the month.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I'm glad to hear the FO isn't considering giving up on Jaylon. I think all he needs is a change in scheme and responsibility. Dan Quinn will fix him.

bigE79

Reaction score
The whole Jaylon cut thing was media created. The guy played over 90% of the snaps at Linebacker while the next guy was injured and played only half the games. I bet they pick up LVE 5th year option too.
He might have played 90% of the snaps but he stunk 85% of the time and the other guy is pretty much useless also.

ICP

Reaction score
Lol, well did anyone expect them to release a 'Cornerstone' of the team?

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Unless he can repair a dead nerve in his knee beyond the possibility of medical science it's not happening.

He's playing on one leg.
That aspect is mixed into this...they took him injured and were so eager to see any reward from that investment they went overboard with him after his one good year of production.

"You don't waste a 2nd on an injured player" is why he got paid so quickly. He wasn't 100% but looked like he was on the way, so they eagerly extended him to a new contract only to see his agility stall again/avoid blocks to the point of running around them.

Zeke/Jaylon were the first 2 picks of the Dak draft and both got extensions for more than what was needed to keep them. This team is so mismanaged lol

ondaedg

Reaction score
Not from the sound of things. They tend to believe his issues don't stem from him. I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with you...I'm just telling you how Jerry and co. will spin this.

It’s ok if you disagree but point taken. I just don’t understand how the coaches watching Jaylon get thrown out of the play with one arm or when he inexplicably chases the wrong ball carrier think he is salvageable.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
Tape dosent lie. We have a linebacker who dosent like contact, can only turn and cut in one direction, and comitts the stupidest penalties at the worst times. Somehow this is one of the leaders and play callers for the defense.

ondaedg

Reaction score
Great. Looking forward to more 4th Q down by 2 touchdowns swipes or the bad angles to avoid contact.

The guy sucks.

And he’s not a small guy. It is so weird that he won’t take on blockers like you would expect from a LB. It’s like he thinks he’s a 190lb corner.

Flamma

Reaction score
They don't have to. They can create $14 million of room by restructuring Amari Cooper's deal and by re-doing Zeke's and Zack Martin's they can approach $50 million of cap room. That's enough to tag Dak if they need to and add a couple bargain free agents like they always do.

Cutting Smith creates a ton of dead money and nobody's trading for him with that contract. Dallas' only hope is to cross their fingers that Dan Quinn's scheme suits Jaylon better.

Agreed on most. But I'd leave Zeke's contract alone so that Dallas can part ways as soon as possible.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
And he’s not a small guy. It is so weird that he won’t take on blockers like you would expect from a LB. It’s like he thinks he’s a 190lb corner.

He knows exactly what he is doing. He isn’t afraid. He just isn’t motivated to exert himself and take a hit. He is saving himself for life after football.