News: Dallas Cowboys not considering release of LB JSmith to create salary cap room

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
I would say the team can't possibly get worst by cutting Jaylon and having 2 years of dead cap space. We were the worst D in the league with him playing 95%+ of the snaps (some of you consider that a plus for him, it really isn't when we were as bad on D as we were). Even if we sign another Thomas or draft a LB in the mid-rounds, they can't really be much worse than Jaylon, but there would be addition by subtraction by getting rid of a pansy that says 'its all love' in his interviews. It's not what I want to hear from my star LB. Those words have never been spoken by Urlacher, Wagner, Lewis, Kuechly, etc. etc.

It's all 'style' with no substance. You can just tell the media around him isn't a fan of him, and they've met him in person.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
Jaylon's pff grade was around 50th in the league if I remember correctly. Meaning on average, every team in the league had one linebacker better than Jaylon Smith. Some had two or three. And Jaylon was the highest grade lb on the team. LB is a huge need on this team which is terrible when you realize we used a 1st, 2nd, and paid a big contract at that position. We have nothing to show for it. I'm taking a lb in the draft for sure, high if the value is there. We probably need to take 2 or 3.

Last edited:

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
they won't even snuff up the butt of a LB in the draft for the same reason others suggest...admitting you were wrong is not what the Jones' do

Praxit

Reaction score
Great. Looking forward to more 4th Q down by 2 touchdowns swipes or the bad angles to avoid contact.

The guy sucks.
giphy.gif