Dallas Cowboys Players Want Just 2 Things From Jerry Jones

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
I suspect that players griping about not getting to fly first class can simply purchase their own tickets if they choose to unless these flights are mandatory and players are forbidden from scheduling and purchasing their own flights.

GroundZero1970

Reaction score
Am I the only one who caught this. 87% thought the training coaches were good enough whereas 25% thought they needed more....uhhhhhh what?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What about polling the fans, what do they want from the teams and owners...Give us a SB victory.....I can care less about the facilities not having a sauna or needing a few for trainers.
:laugh:

conner01

Reaction score
As the world's most valuable sports franchise, they should be at least in the Top 3 of every category, if not #1.
They ranked very high
Even in the catagories they were lowest
The need for 53 guys in first class seats really seems petty anyway
Geez your making millions of dollars and you have a few long flights you have to settle for coach seats a year

conner01

Reaction score
What about polling the fans, what do they want from the teams and owners...Give us a SB victory.....I can care less about the facilities not having a sauna or needing a few for trainers.
:laugh:
Every teams poll would be for a SB
Even Chiefs fans would want another one
I agree on sauna but I’d hire the PT folks. You could probably get them to work for free just to have that on their résumé’s
I’d be fairly happy just to see them get to the SB lol

TheHerd

Reaction score
For people the size of professional football players, first class seems like a no brainer, if not a private plane

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The normal business world has several customary structures:
  • Employees --> Boss
  • Employees --> Manager --> Boss
  • Employees --> Supervisor --> Manager --> Boss
Structures can be even more varied depending on company size, etc. For conversational sake, the third example is most like a normal business hierarchy, with the players being the employees, Mike McCarthy as Supervisor, Jones as Manager and Jerry Jones as Boss.

In the normal business world, employees would take it up their problem with their supervisor. The supervisor would relay it to their manager. The manager would then submit the problem to their boss. Problem solving is done through chain of command. Each higher up or leader is considered integral in reaching a resolution.

Is that necessarily true in Jones' world, where the 'manager' and 'boss' are one and the same? The players, a.k.a. employees, consider the understaffing of certified athletic trainers and physical therapists as problematic, along with traveling accommodations.

Would the players consider Head Coach McCarthy, a.k.a. supervisor, necessary in resolving their problems? Jones is both their (general) manager and boss (owner). Jones has always promoted himself publicly as the problem solver and the one person who players can deal with directly. What reason would the players have for not bypassing their head coach and going directly to their general manager, who happens to be the owner as well, to get more trainers and therapists and first-class seating? And if there is no reason, does that automatically minimize McCarthy's leadership role in their eyes?

Just some personal questions inspired by observing 34 years of Jones, an individual so obsessed with being seen as The One in charge that he refuses to allow another qualified football professional be general manager of his franchise for even a single day. It is a 3-decade+ observation that should be obvious to everyone working beneath him. Right?

/rant
In the world of entertainment anything goes.