News: Dallas Cowboys: Rico Gathers took hundreds of snaps at offensive tackle

Rockdoc

Reaction score
i dont know if Hannah will be here so Rico maybe on active roster

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys: Rico Gathers took hundreds of snaps at offensive tackle
http://thelandryhat.com/2017/03/02/...-takes-hundreds-of-snaps-at-offensive-tackle/

The Dallas Cowboys knew what they were getting into when they drafted former Baylor basketball star Rico Gathers with their final selection in the 2016 NFL Draft. Not having played organized football since junior high, Gathers was attempting to make the difficult leap from the hardwood to the field, on a professional level.

The Cowboys drafted Gathers in the sixth round (217th overall) with their eyes wide open, fully understanding that he was a developmental player. The then 22-year old’s amazing athletic ability was simply too impressive to ignore. Gathers spent his entire rookie campaign on the Cowboys practice squad.

Working on his own, with Dallas’ tight end coach and legend Mike Pope, who recently retired, and with the Cowboys new tight end coach Steve Loney; Gathers took as many reps as anybody did on the team in throughout the year according to head coach Jason Garrett...
I luuuuuu dis dude.

jrumann59

Reaction score
They aren't moving him to tackle, he was there because they needed bodies due to injury.

The plan is still very much for him to play TE.

Also to help him get more snaps at just blocking.

Pants

Reaction score
I have mixed emotions, every time I see "rico", I think Rico Suave (think '90's rapper?), and I throw up a lil bit in my mouth