Dallas Cowboys: Time to think about tanking the season

zekecowboy

Reaction score
This is a painful article to read but unfortunately its the truth!

It’s over folks. Let me give it to you straight. I really don’t care that the Cowboys have an easy stretch of games after they host the Pittsburgh Steelers this week. Or that the rest of the NFC East is just as weak.

Without the team’s true MVP in Dak Prescott, the Cowboys are just a stepping stone for other squads. Dallas is the NFL piñata, a punching bag that gives other teams time to practice and sharpen their knives.

Harsh? Yeah. But the Dallas Cowboys deserve it. When you leave Andy Dalton on the field, dazed and confused from a needless, unmeaningful hit, you deserve all the bad rap that goes your direction.

At this point, the Cowboys are doing one thing right. The team is unbelievably synced up on all three phases of football, providing nothing but embarrassing football for all to witness. I mean the Cowboys are so consistent in poor play that you almost feel sorry for them.

As it stands now, the best hope I can claw from this 2020 campaign is pulling in a high draft pick. Yes, I am canceling the Dallas Cowboys chances for the rest of the year. And if you haven’t followed this prescription already, you’re in for a lot of hurt and misery.

https://thelandryhat.com/2020/11/03/dallas-cowboys-time-think-tank-season/

FiveSuperBowls

Reaction score

It’s over folks. Let me give it to you straight. I really don’t care that the Cowboys have an easy stretch of games after they host the Pittsburgh Steelers this week. Or that the rest of the NFC East is just as weak.

Without the team’s true MVP in Dak Prescott, the Cowboys are just a stepping stone for other squads. Dallas is the NFL piñata, a punching bag that gives other teams time to practice and sharpen their knives.

Harsh? Yeah. But the Dallas Cowboys deserve it. When you leave Andy Dalton on the field, dazed and confused from a needless, unmeaningful hit, you deserve all the bad rap that goes your direction.

At this point, the Cowboys are doing one thing right. The team is unbelievably synced up on all three phases of football, providing nothing but embarrassing football for all to witness. I mean the Cowboys are so consistent in poor play that you almost feel sorry for them.

As it stands now, the best hope I can claw from this 2020 campaign is pulling in a high draft pick. Yes, I am canceling the Dallas Cowboys chances for the rest of the year. And if you haven’t followed this prescription already, you’re in for a lot of hurt and misery.

I endorse your message.

zekecowboy

Reaction score
Yes, there are eight contests left to witness. Sure, the Dallas Cowboys can make a run for it. After all, they play ball in a division full of teams just as laughable as Dallas. But why punch the playoff ticket?

No. Really? Tell me. I’d like to know.

Because even if Prescott was quarterbacking this era of Cowboys, the team was in for a “one and done” scenario had they entered the playoffs. That’s even if they made the playoffs in the first place!

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hate this topic! Why do people think its OK to lose on purpose? No frikkin pride......why tank for next years success when you may not even be around to see it? Life's too short to quit and play dead. Don't bother trying to change my mind, because I never will. You enjoy your tucking tail, I'd rather go down fighting.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

Great post. I dont think anyone here has considered tanking.

Flamma

Reaction score
Just now they're figuring this out? The season is over, really? You don't say?

Them

Reaction score
...No...For me that actually happened when I saw Dak go down!...On that day I immediately watched the season sink below the horizon...This team really doesn't need to tank because they're not good enough to win another game... I'd rather see the team fight just see who should be staying or just be cut...Find out what they've got now....They'll get a Top 10 maybe Top 5 draft pick anyway!...

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
If any of us are waiting to see if tanking this season will be publicly announced, we're just not thinking straight. Jerry has already begun to make statements that say the team will allow some of our young guys reps to expose them to live action.

This would really seem about as close to indicating that tanking will occur as anything we might expect. It serves the purpose of seeing what level of talent we have in them, as well as indicating that continued losses might very well be tolerable.

Last edited:

JayNovacek84

Reaction score
Unfortunately we're going to tank this season whether we like it or not! We're halfway through the schedule with a 2-6 record and not looking like we can win another game down the stretch. Unless the Texans and Jags tie this weekend we will be climbing up to no.4 in the draft order and I certainly don't see us slipping any lower than that before the season ends.

Hadenough

Reaction score
This team was going to have a losing season regardless of Daks injury. They still werent playing well and even though Prescott was putting up big numbers he was turning the ball over way too much.