Dallas fan from Glasgow, Scotland

stevie2602

Reaction score
I started watching the NFL two seasons ago and had to pick a team to follow to give me an interest and I picked the Cowboys, after the first game I was totally hooked even though, to be honest, I wasn't really sure what was happening most of the time but the more games I watched the more I picked up ( still wouldn't say I'm that good at understanding it) so getting there.

I have enjoyed watching the all or nothing series amazon do and my fav so far obviously the cowboys so picking up stuff from that as well, never missed a game on TV so far.

Been looking for somewhere to hang out and pick up more Cowboys related chat and thought this would be the best place to start !

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Welcome laddie, you've come to the right place and I've consumed enough of your indigenous adult beverage to be part Scottish and with enough can speak in Brogue.....at least people tell me that's what their hearing.

Ranching does a cooking thread before each Cowboys game since it is a tradition here to have something special for a game, especially a later in the day one. I am asking you, in advance, not to post that your are having haggis. I can't type and gag at the same time.

You have any questions about the game, you just ask ole CC. I probably won't know but I will make something up as I do about everything else I know very little about, a continuously growing list.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I started watching the NFL two seasons ago and had to pick a team to follow to give me an interest and I picked the Cowboys, after the first game I was totally hooked even though, to be honest, I wasn't really sure what was happening most of the time but the more games I watched the more I picked up ( still wouldn't say I'm that good at understanding it) so getting there.

I have enjoyed watching the all or nothing series amazon do and my fav so far obviously the cowboys so picking up stuff from that as well, never missed a game on TV so far.

Been looking for somewhere to hang out and pick up more Cowboys related chat and thought this would be the best place to start !
Make sure and drink a few pints before coming here. Then it's a hoot. For some REAL entertainment check out the game day threads. The best free entertainment around!

stevie2602

Reaction score
Welcome laddie, you've come to the right place and I've consumed enough of your indigenous adult beverage to be part Scottish and with enough can speak in Brogue.....at least people tell me that's what their hearing.

Ranching does a cooking thread before each Cowboys game since it is a tradition here to have something special for a game, especially a later in the day one. I am asking you, in advance, not to post that your are having haggis. I can't type and gag at the same time.

You have any questions about the game, you just ask ole CC. I probably won't know but I will make something up as I do about everything else I know very little about, a continuously growing list.

Haggis is disgusting its one thing I can't eat but the beverage that's another thing !! hopefully one day i can get to an actual game, not one here in London but an actual game the whole thing looks amazing from start to finish

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

This is the best place to start, and the best place to stay! Being a neophite to the game, at least you shouldn't have to worry about having a strong enough opinion to piss people off.....I did say "shouldn't", right?
No matter how hard you try, you're gonna get into arguments with some of the perpetually antagonistic omniscients here....but being a Scot, you're probably used to that,so no worries.

Welcome to the home of the best and worst Cowboys fans on the planet, my friend!!!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Haggis is disgusting its one thing I can't eat but the beverage that's another thing !! hopefully one day i can get to an actual game, not one here in London but an actual game the whole thing looks amazing from start to finish
Luv ya already as we grow our international membership. And watch one of the posters here and I won't name names (Londonboy, aka Londy to everyone but Runny who likes to call him Lundy just to piss him off) because he'll try and sell you on this pretend football with teams with funny names that he grew up watching. He does know some cool things and he is funny but don't ask him any football, real football, questions because he thinks it's played with a round one looking like a bathroom floor and the flop is a real play.

Xelda

Reaction score

Welcome stevie! If you chose the Cowboys out of all the teams 2 seasons ago, you'd go nuts watching us in the early 90s. We'd all like to compliment you on your excellent taste in football teams. (I couldn't say that if you'd chosen another team.) To answer one of the questions you have yet to ask us, it's the referee's fault we lost that game. That one too and yup, that one. Oh that one's on Garrett for not paying attention to what's happening on the field. Check in after each game as we pass out blame like Halloween candy. The games we won are the ones where we are wearing our lucky undergarments and socks. The longer your a fan, the more football superstitions you'll probably have. Go ahead and pick out your underwear for the game and if we lose, we get to blame it on the new guy's drawers (boxers or briefs).

In closing, thank you for changing your avatar. It's a beauty! We welcome you with open arms. Rowdy should be along soon to greet you. Where is ksk anyway?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Welcome stevie! If you chose the Cowboys out of all the teams 2 seasons ago, you'd go nuts watching us in the early 90s. We'd all like to compliment you on your excellent taste in football teams. (I couldn't say that if you'd chosen another team.) To answer one of the questions you have yet to ask us, it's the referee's fault we lost that game. That one too and yup, that one. Oh that one's on Garrett for not paying attention to what's happening on the field. Check in after each game as we pass out blame like Halloween candy. The games we won are the ones where we are wearing our lucky undergarments and socks. The longer your a fan, the more football superstitions you'll probably have. Go ahead and pick out your underwear for the game and if we lose, we get to blame it on the new guy's drawers (boxers or briefs).

In closing, thank you for changing your avatar. It's a beauty! We welcome you with open arms. Rowdy should be along soon to greet you. Where is ksk anyway?
I think you scared him away, woman! (I only added the "woman" part of that sentence so Stevie would know. ;))

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Welcome and stay away from Risen!!

Londonboy

Reaction score

You should've saved Your Braveheart Re-make for this thread.

Londonboy

Reaction score
Luv ya already as we grow our international membership. And watch one of the posters here and I won't name names (Londonboy, aka Londy to everyone but Runny who likes to call him Lundy just to piss him off) because he'll try and sell you on this pretend football with teams with funny names that he grew up watching. He does know some cool things and he is funny but don't ask him any football, real football, questions because he thinks it's played with a round one looking like a bathroom floor and the flop is a real play.
A convincing dive (or flop as Y'all call it) is one of the hardest skills to master. Falling over like You've been shot by a sniper and rolling around with an expression of agonised pain takes years of dedicated practice to perfect. Y'all have no appreciation for the finer arts of Footie.

Xelda

Reaction score
A convincing dive (or flop as Y'all call it) is one of the hardest skills to master. Falling over like You've been shot by a sniper and rolling around with an expression of agonised pain takes years of dedicated practice to perfect. Y'all have no appreciation for the finer arts of Footie.
I didn't realize it took years of practice to perfect. Walk by any candy department in the US and you can see toddlers working on their flops, I mean convincing dives. I thought they were just obnoxious, not in training for Footie.